ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
toothy OP
Grin

Oddometer: 14,173
Seattle area meet-up spot for the ride to Dork's Saturday 8/27

How about the Burger King (chosen for convienience- not quality) parking lot at the exit for hwy 169 off 405 in Renton. Know the one I mean? You can't miss it. When you take the exit for SR169 off of Southbound 405 the BK is on the right.

I'll be there between 10- 10:30.

The route I want to go is---> 169> 410> Cayuse Pass> 123> 12West> Randle> NF25 > NF90 > 503> Woodland

5 hours, maybe more, I've never done this route.

Dave (on the yellow GS)
Old 08-26-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
Foto Veloce
The Free Radical

Oddometer: 376
If I don't end up at SportbikeNorthwest.. this sounds like a right good way to spend the day.

Thing is. I'm from the WAY west side and I don't know where *that Burger King* is but if you shoot me some way to find the address I'll plug it into my hand-dandy Google Maps link and find my way!

PS. I get lost EASY!
Old 08-26-2005, 05:16 PM   #3
toothy OP
Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foto Veloce
If I don't end up at SportbikeNorthwest.. this sounds like a right good way to spend the day.

Thing is. I'm from the WAY west side and I don't know where *that Burger King* is but if you shoot me some way to find the address I'll plug it into my hand-dandy Google Maps link and find my way!

PS. I get lost EASY!
That place is hiding in plain site. You cant miss it, neither can I identify what street name it's on. Picture I405 southbound. You'll enter I405 from I90. Look for the Renton exit for SR169 (Maple Valley Highway), it's not far from I90, maybe 10 miles.

The BK is on the service road that parallels the now elevated I405, it's on the right.

Or, I'm open to someplace else. If you take the Kingston> Edmonds we could meet up on 99 somewhere.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #4
yota
Wayde

Oddometer: 111
Okay ya'all I talked the wife into riding down with you to Dorks to join the party.
If you all leave at 10:30 and I leave my house at 10:30 We should meet up in Packwood at about 12:30 to 1:00 depending on how fast you guys go.
Meet us at the gas station in packwood we will be easy to find
Red Gran Canyon and Black F650. Takes me about 2 hours to get to Packwood. From Yelm.

Wayde
Old 08-26-2005, 07:27 PM   #5
TequilaGirl
no mas

Oddometer: 533

Yota & Filly!
Now, I'm coming fer sure!
TequilaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:21 PM   #6
toothy OP
Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yota
Okay ya'all I talked the wife into riding down with you to Dorks to join the party.
If you all leave at 10:30 and I leave my house at 10:30 We should meet up in Packwood at about 12:30 to 1:00 depending on how fast you guys go.
Meet us at the gas station in packwood we will be easy to find
Red Gran Canyon and Black F650. Takes me about 2 hours to get to Packwood. From Yelm.

Wayde

Pack Wood has a gas station? See youze there!
Old 08-26-2005, 08:55 PM   #7
yota
Wayde

Oddometer: 111
Thumb

Packwood has 1 station 1 tavern 1 grocery store. I will be at station.

Filly says she aint riding thinks it will rain on Sunday so she is driving truck down. If it rains sunday I get to ride inside if I am good.

Wayde
Old 08-26-2005, 09:30 PM   #8
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,268
Gentlemen, FYI, there is a construction spot on 123 a few miles N of the Paradise turnoff. I was just through there a few days ago and I sat for about 20 minutes; the flag girl said that if they're respositioning equipment, it can be up to an hour wait.

While Cayuse is pretty and you might catch a glimpse of Rainier, if you want to avoid the construction and/or go a slightly faster route to Randle, this is the standard backroads route I use:

Maple Valley, Enumclaw, Buckley, Orville Rd to Electron, Kawpowsin, along Lake Kapowsin to Eatonville, Elbe, Morton, Randle

You need a decent map to show these roads. Generally no police presence either, whereas Enumclaw to Randle via Cayuse will average a state cop or three.

Charlies cafe on 410 just E of Enumclaw is a good bfast spot and a real hole-in-the-wall is Buzzy's in Greenwater.

There is a huge dam construction project happening near Cougar right now - very impressive.

Take it easy - I got the lecture on Windy Ridge from a cop who had just been scrapping a few people off the pavement. I wasn't doing anything untoward, but they're getting to be in a foul mood with all the crashes happening every weekend up there.

I'll hope for good weather for you guys.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:50 AM   #9
toothy OP
Grin

I'll be at that Beerghar King parkin lot 10-10:30 this morning.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:07 AM   #10
TongueLady
Shine A Light

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaGirl

Yota & Filly!
Now, I'm coming fer sure!
F*CK! Yota & Filly are going, too? I shoulda planned for this one...

HI YOTA, HI FILLY!!!
Old 08-28-2005, 02:15 PM   #11
toothy OP
Grin

I had a most excellent ride down there with Rune and Yota. Nice meeting you guys.

Not too much traffic, not too many slow sportscars, or drunken teenagers on the road. It was fantastic to be up so close to St. Helens while she's smokin. And the ride up and down windy ridge road blows- what an awful road, what will all those turns.

Toothy
Old 08-28-2005, 04:03 PM   #12
RuneSpyder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Hell yeah. Perfect ride.
Quote:
what an awful road, what will all those turns
You know, I was actually starting to get motion sickness on that stretch?

Oh yeah, were you basically sleeping in the shower at the back of the house?
RuneSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:34 PM   #13
toothy OP
Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuneSpyder
Hell yeah. Perfect ride. You know, I was actually starting to get motion sickness on that stretch?

Oh yeah, were you basically sleeping in the shower at the back of the house?
Yeah, I found a ledge to sleep on next to the pool. Fortuneatly for me your snoring 25 feet away was loud enough to prevent me from actually falling asleep, thereby rolling into the pool and drowning. So thanks, you just may have saved my life!
Old 08-28-2005, 10:46 PM   #14
RuneSpyder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Seriously? Was I really snoring pretty loud? I figured I was since I didn't have my stupid sleep apnea machine.
RuneSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 07:50 AM   #15
jmetteer
Filler...

Oddometer: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
Yeah, I found a ledge to sleep on next to the pool. Fortuneatly for me your snoring 25 feet away was loud enough to prevent me from actually falling asleep, thereby rolling into the pool and drowning. So thanks, you just may have saved my life!
Sunday morning...

Aunt Dee from Phoenix looking out the window.

Dee - I didn't know you guys had a pool.

Nicole - Yeah we have had that for a while.

Dee - Cool

Nicole - Yeah

Dee - Oh my god there is someone sleeping on your back porch...

That was some good stuff guys.

Later,
89 Transalp

"Everything you read on the Internet is true, I know because I read it on the Internet"
jmetteer is offline   Reply With Quote