User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
Eudaimonia OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Cool2 Sunlight Siren

i've been hard at work making a five-min short video, Sunlight Siren. it uses ride footage but this is really about what i imagine, so to speak, when i get a bit bored. pretty wild psychedelic stuff, so its fun (i think).

i've tried to use movie editing techniques. you may love it or hate it. some of my motorcycle friends really love it, so i thought i'd get some feedback here and see what you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqna9e8KOs8

please take a moment and let me know what you think -- yeah or nay, if you are up to it, let me know why yeah or nay.

FYI/more of my ususal essays to come as soon as this rain in florida passes and i can get back on the bike. soon, i hope, soon !!

as always, htansk for support and feedback.

Eudaimonia screwed with this post 11-26-2013 at 08:41 PM Reason: corrected link only
Eudaimonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
ScottRS
Adventurer

Hmmmm....Interesting. Might be more appealing if the dreamy sections of the video were contrasted with brief but crisp shots of something else to give it a bit more variety. Not sure what the contrasting shots should be, maybe rush hour traffic or factorys bellowing smoke or your boss hollering at you.
ScottRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Eudaimonia OP
Adventurer

Cool2 many thanks

thanks for taking the time to give me your impressions, which are very helpful. the idea behind Ambient Movies (my term) is the content itself is not changing all that much (hence, ambient, like ambient music). the story is visually told via effects and "looks' and where/when cuts happen (like symphony is about developing the motif(s) via chords and variation and rhythm). this maybe too formal and abstract for most, what you suggest may be very useful to include to close that gap. i'm aiming to make these "art videos" more than anything else. may not be what riders are interested in, don't know. motorcycle are the least important thing in some way but that i do think needs to change as i'm doing this and developing the idea.]. i need footage of some great ride locations, and then i can have the music and the location reinforce the formal visual story, maybe make it easier to follow or tell a more layers story. don't know if you saw my other Ambient Movie here, Ferocious Ride, which has traffic footage, different story there for sure :0 and one rides can relate to, you can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=415lSCbmQv4

thanks again. i've been doing this for less than two months, so lots to learn. any and all feedback is getting in at ground floor, so very appreciated and important for me.

keep 'em coming,

domenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRS View Post
Hmmmm....Interesting. Might be more appealing if the dreamy sections of the video were contrasted with brief but crisp shots of something else to give it a bit more variety. Not sure what the contrasting shots should be, maybe rush hour traffic or factorys bellowing smoke or your boss hollering at you.