ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
ABuck99 OP
0.0
 
ABuck99's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Oddometer: 559
Best Parts Pricing

Which dealers currently have the best deals on OEM parts pricing?
__________________
KTM: 06 KTM950S & 10 KTM450EXC
ABuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,766
I'm not aware of any who give a blanket discount anymore. That said, some dealers will discount if you are a local club members. The dealers in my area give 5%.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
Brahma
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Oddometer: 308
I miss Chicago BMW. I saved thousands on OEM accessories. Too bad price fixing has won out in this country over good, old fashioned competition.
Brahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
I miss Chicago BMW. I saved thousands on OEM accessories. Too bad price fixing has won out in this country over good, old fashioned competition.
Maybe there is a reason they went out of business?

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
marty hill
The Energizer Bunny
 
marty hill's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: marietta, ga.
Oddometer: 4,220
Jim, that wasn't the reason but it's a normal assumption. I'd try countryside bmw where all of chicago's employees went. Not going to get 20% but should be able to get something. To the OP, why not talk to you local dealer? Ask and you might receive.
__________________
ride till you can't.
1200GS/black
Boxer Cup Replika/red-white-blue

Semper Paratus
marty hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
Some Dude
what attitude problem???
 
Some Dude's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Woodstock, GA
Oddometer: 4,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Maybe there is a reason they went out of business?

Jim
Something we agree on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty hill View Post
Jim, that wasn't the reason but it's a normal assumption. I'd try countryside bmw where all of chicago's employees went. Not going to get 20% but should be able to get something. To the OP, why not talk to you local dealer? Ask and you might receive.
If CBMW was making hand over fists it would have been in an equity position and it would have had marketability to be sold rather then liquidated and another dealer opening up in the area from scratch. It's business practices were not such a good business model in multiple areas therefore it folded, no matter how you spin it.

As for where to buy, buying local has it's advantages when said parts have an issue in installation or need warranty support, a lot easier for a shop to want to help a friendly face/customer with all ownership facets when there's some history because then there is something to protect and foster.
__________________
Just some dude on the internet,..
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
bemiiten
League of Adventures
 
bemiiten's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Hamilton NJ.
Oddometer: 4,877
The dealers in my area usually have a open house once or twice a year with discount pricing. I usually stock up on consumables at that time.
bemiiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
Some Dude
what attitude problem???
 
Some Dude's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Woodstock, GA
Oddometer: 4,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemiiten View Post
The dealers in my area usually have a open house once or twice a year with discount pricing. I usually stock up on consumables at that time.
Word on the street is BMW Motorcycles of ATL is having their own Black Friday sale on in stock apparel and accessories (this applies to the OP according to his location), might be able to get the Parts Mgr to apply some kind of discount to in stock parts as well

I'd help ya out if I was there/here Friday/Saturday but it's time for annual Turkey weekend dirt bike trip to Windrock.
__________________
Just some dude on the internet,..
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
Ken Fritz
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Orangevale, CA
Oddometer: 1,010
A&S deal right now

online deal right now - save 15% on almost all of their stuff, but NOT service parts.

just sayin' -- not an endorsement
Ken Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #10
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
Something we agree on!

Then I must be wrong.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
marty hill
The Energizer Bunny
 
marty hill's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: marietta, ga.
Oddometer: 4,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Then I must be wrong.

Jim
That's a classic.
__________________
ride till you can't.
1200GS/black
Boxer Cup Replika/red-white-blue

Semper Paratus
marty hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #12
lkchris
Albuquerque
 
lkchris's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Oddometer: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
If CBMW was making hand over fists ...
Well, Countryside is the replacement and IIRC one of the Abts came along with the deal. Countryside is owned by California Angels pitcher CJ Wilson.

I wasn't particularly impressed by the facility when I visited in August as part of trip for MotoGP/Indy. They do have a nice "back room" (a separate building) with an impressive collection of used bikes.

We're so lucky in ABQ that our dealer is part of a BMW car dealership. Separate building in the middle between BMW cars to north and MINI to south. It's cooler than Countryside, but although I haven't seen Barrington Motor Works since the 1980s, I expect it's still coolest. Is bike service still upstairs? There was an M1 (car) in the showroom the day I visited.
__________________
Kent Christensen
Albuquerque
'12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S
lkchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #13
Some Dude
what attitude problem???
 
Some Dude's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Woodstock, GA
Oddometer: 4,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Then I must be wrong.

Jim
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then
__________________
Just some dude on the internet,..
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #14
marty hill
The Energizer Bunny
 
marty hill's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: marietta, ga.
Oddometer: 4,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post



If CBMW was making hand over fists it would have been in an equity position and it would have had marketability to be sold rather then liquidated and another dealer opening up in the area from scratch. It's business practices were not such a good business model in multiple areas therefore it folded, no matter how you spin it.

As for where to buy, buying local has it's advantages when said parts have an issue in installation or need warranty support, a lot easier for a shop to want to help a friendly face/customer with all ownership facets when there's some history because then there is something to protect and foster.
No one said they were making money hand over fist. They were in business for what, 30-40 years so it couldn't have been too bad. If giving a discount on parts was so horrible it sure took a long time. As you know a Harley store bought them and really didn't care about BMW. In fact they probably preferred using the store as an overflow for their bikes since they were about 100 feet away. I assume your also aware that a very wealthy guy hired almost the whole staff and opened the new store at a car dealership location that he owned. The new location and many other dealers are still giving a very nice discount on parts and bikes. I even got 15% off on Held gloves at your store a week or so ago.

I believe that BMW has a 2 year wty on parts purchased from any dealer.
__________________
ride till you can't.
1200GS/black
Boxer Cup Replika/red-white-blue

Semper Paratus
marty hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #15
ertes
Adventurer
 
ertes's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABuck99 View Post
Which dealers currently have the best deals on OEM parts pricing?
ASCycles has a 15% off today.
__________________
R1200GS
--------
K1200S
Ninja 650R
ertes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014