ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Please check items you plan to participate in
Dinner Fri. 6/20/14 Starts at 6:00 pm -Chili , corn bread, and salad = $7:00 46 82.14%
Dinner Sat. 6/21/14 Starts at 6:00 pm- Beef Dinner Sandwich, coleslaw, beans, & dessert = $12.00 45 80.36%
Breakfast in camp 6/22/14 - starts at 5:00 am Breakfast sandwich, fruit & juice = $5.00 42 75.00%
Thursday 6/19/14 ride to Asotin, leaves camp at 8:00 am 14 25.00%
Poker run - ends 4:00 PM Sat. 6/21/14 14 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2013, 03:17 AM   #1
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,523
Talking 2014 Wallowa Valley Adventure Jamboree

Previously known as Hells Canyon/Wallowa Valley Gathering. The name change is so this gathering will no longer be confused with the Hells Canyon Rally in Baker City drawing the shiny bike set. We'll keep the dirty bikes up in Enterprise, OR and going forward refer to this gathering as Wallowa Valley Adventure Jamboree.

8th Annual

Wallowa Valley Adventure Jamboree

June 19-22, 2014

Log House RV Park and Campground

66258 Lewiston Hwy (Hwy 3)

Enterprise, Oregon 97828
1-877-426-4027
http://loghouservpark.com/

What's Happening: ADV riders are great at entertaining themselves so things are left to happen as they happen and that's part of the fun. Any organizing happening is always up for change.

Rides: Self-guided rides with suggestions available. Remember this is ADV and as such things are VERY loosely organized which is part of the fun. Check the white board in the group area for rides or post on the white board that you are looking for someone to ride with. There are a few rides going out for the newer riders that want a leader.

This ride is set up:
Thurs. June 19, 2014
8:00 AM Leave from camp Ride to Asotin
, WA via Rattlesnake Grade to meet with others and return via dirt. The ride will be led by Sorebutt with MtnSeekerís assistance.
10:00 AM Ė Leave from the gas station in Asotin, WA (the station is on 129 and the only one there).
The dirt route will depend on the weather. If itís dry it will go to Troy for lunch and on to Enterprise. If the weather is wet the ride will Joseph Creek/Buckhorn overlook.

There will probably be another one or two more rides set up so check back before June 19th.

Meals:
Please mark the poll for which meals you will be wanting. The poll will only let you mark it once so if you are bringing a non-ADVer with you just PM me (Ladybug0048) with the additional information. The meals can be paid for when you pay for your camping. If you are not camping just stop in the office at the Log House RV park and make your meal arrangements.

We need the meals paid for beforehand so we know how many meals to order. Please pay for your meals by Thurs. if at all possible. The poll will give us an idea of what to plan for but we need a confirmed number before each meal. If you will be arriving after Thurs. and want to have the catered meals please PM me and we can work it out.

Coffee: We have a new huge coffee pot and will have hot coffee every morning for everyone. Bring your coffee mug so we donít have to use disposables.

Name Tags: I'll have nametags available again so you can let people know who you are. Your user name and real name would be good. If you just want to use one or the other that's good too. If you don't want to wear a nametag that's fine too, we'll just call you "hey you".

White Board: By popular demand and because I try to make everyone happy there will be a white board available to write ride invitations, etc. on. It will be hung either on the fence outside of the coffee/eating area or inside that area somehow. Is that vague or what?

SPOT Trackers: If you carry a SPOT and want someone at the gathering to have your link in case you don't return to camp please PM it to me. Put SPOT in the subject line.

Tent camping: No reservations needed, just state your IN, show up, and pay at the office when you get there. I believe it will be $12 per night again.

RV camping: Please call the Log House and make a reservation and for rates.
1-877-426-4027

Group Photo: Our tradition has been to get a group photo each year which is always fun. The last few years Loud Al has done an excellent job of herding the wild cats and getting the shot.
Sat 8:30 PM Group photo Ė cat herding and photo by allanleahyphoto.com (LoudAl)

Schedule: as always this is ADV and all schedules are subject to change

Poker Run Ė Tues. thru Sat.
We will be having a "poker run". I donít know what else to call it and if someone has a name for it please suggest it. The way this will work is there are 5 containers with numbered index cards hidden out on the popular routes. You find the container and take one card. The number on the card wonít mean anything to you, itís just a number. The card will have a point value assigned to it but only I will have that information. The point values are different for each box too. Iíll post where each box is hidden along with the GPS coordinates on Monday June 16, 2014. You can go collect your cards any time after that and until Sat. at 4:00 PM Ė final time to turn them in. You donít have to hit all the checkpoints although that does increase your chances to win. If you pick the right card you could win with just one. High score wins, there will be a prize however I donít know yet what it is.

So you can plan ahead there are containers at Buckhorn, Hells Canyon ViewPoint, Troy, Rattlesnake Grade and on the way to Dug Bar.
I will have printed directions at camp as well. The containers arenít hidden as part of a challenge they are only hidden so we donít have to have manned checkpoints. This is being done as a trial and if it goes well Iíll get more creative with this for future events. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thurs. June 19, 2014

8:00 AM Leave from camp Ride to Asotin, WA via Rattlesnake Grade to meet with others and return via dirt. The ride will be led by Sorebutt with MtnSekerís assistance.
10:00 AM Ė Leave from the gas station in Asotin, WA (the station is on 129 and the only one there).
The dirt route will depend on the weather. If itís dry it will go to Troy for lunch and on to Enterprise. If the weather is wet the ride will Joseph Creek/Buckhorn overlook.
9:00 PM GPS/Basecamp slide tutorial by Moto-Treks
Hereís your chance to learn a little more about you GPS and routing with basecamp. This is a good time to share knowledge about our electronic toys.

Fri. June 20, 2014

9:00 AM NOOb ride ĖBeing led by 1911Fan (Mike) to Hat point Lookout and Hells Canyon Viewpoint.
Leaving from Learís Pub and Grill, 111 W Main St, Enterprise, OR. Departure time may not be exact since it will depend on people finishing their breakfast. Show up with a full tank of gas and it might not be a bad idea to bring a snack. The ride will be approximately 160 miles, half dirt and half fun twisty pavement. If you are limited on fuel and want to do this ride let me (Ladybug) know and I will see about having fuel available for you at Imnaha when you return from the lookout. This is an easy ride and the plan is to take it easy and enjoy the sights along the way.

6:00 PM Dinner - catered by Lear's Pub and Grill
Chili , corn bread, and salad = $7:00
6:30 PM Dinner Music - The Alibiís will be playing again this year. Thank you Brian and Margaret (Log House RV) for providing the music.

Sat. June 21, 2014

NOOb ride Ė 9:00 AM Being led by 1911Fan (Mike) to Dug Bar.
Leaving from Learís Pub and Grill, 111 W Main St, Enterprise, OR. Departure time may not be exact since it will depend on people finishing their breakfast. Show up with a full tank of gas and it might not be a bad idea to bring a snack. The ride will be approximately 125 miles.. If you are limited on fuel and want to do this ride let me (Ladybug) know and I will see about having fuel available for you at Imnaha. This ride will be a little more challenging than the Hat Point ride with some steep parts, rocky parts and switchbacks, all the things that makes it fun but still easy enough for a nOOb. . The plan is to take it easy and enjoy the sights along the way

6:00 PM Dinner - catered by Lear's Pub and Grill
Beef Dinner Sandwich, coleslaw, beans, & dessert = $12.00

8:30 PM Group photo Ė cat herding and photo by allanleahyphoto.com (LoudAl)

9:00 PM Radioman rides the World slide presentation.
We all know and love Radioman and most of us have followed his travels on his thread. We now have the opportunity to hear him talk about it at our camp. He has been a regular at this event over the years and Iím thrilled he is back and doing this for us. You wonít want to miss this.

Sun. June 22, 2014

5:00 AM Breakfast in camp
Breakfast sandwich, fruit & juice = $5.00
Our friends at the Log House RV Park will be starting breakfast for us early so everyone needing an early start can get fed before they head out.

Thurs., Fri. and Sat. breakfast-
Steve will have Lear's Pub and Grill open for breakfast for us at 6:00 am. In the past he has been the only one there and just lets us do a self serve on coffee and water while he takes care of getting orders and cooking them. He makes one heck of a breakfast too.
111 W Main St, Enterprise, OR 97828, (541) 426-3300
As a side note if the weather goes upside down for either of our dinners we have the option of going to Lear's and eating inside

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....65&postcount=9

Pictures for the fun we had in 2013 can be found here:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21712415#post21712415

Post 3 contains the IN list - Who's
IN ?

Ladybug0048 screwed with this post 06-07-2014 at 05:09 PM
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:18 AM   #2
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Be sure to check back before the date and confirm information in case something has changed. Update will be made here if someone posts a change.

If you plan to ride FS30 there is road construction and closures planned for this year:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...prd3796630.pdf I've tried 66 but was stopped by snow, maybe this year it will be open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerSickle View Post

Originally Posted by MortimerSickle
To you, and anyone else who might be interested:

My very-tentative reasonably firm plan is to have breakfast at the Harmony Baking Co, in Estacada, Wednesday at 8:00 am.

From there, I'll head up the Clackamas and points east in search of twisties, and maybe some gravel until I wander into La Grande Enterprise before (I hope) dusk.

Thursday morning I will have breakfast at the Smokehouse Restaurant in La Grande, and with luck, meet somewhere with EOKYLE for a gravelicious ride to the Log House.

Time Thursday is up to EOKYLE, if he can make it, otherwise 8:00 am.

The above plan is in limbo until I find out whether EOKYLE will be available.

The above plan includes the
La Grande to Enterprise described toward the bottom of this post. Click undlined words and it will take you to the map.

6-2-14 update by EOKYLE
I was able to get out yesterday and do a little more scouting. The Umatilla NF 62 Road from Palmer Junction to Troy is completely free of snow. The Wallupa Rd from Promise Rd to Troy is currently closed.
Here is the link for that. So the other choices are Powatka Ridge Rd to Wallowa, Redmond Grade to Flora, and The North Highway from the Oasis to Enterprise. I thought I would post this info for anyone planning on going that way.

cbmma1969 POSTED:
I'll lead a group 3 ride from Boise leaving Thursday. For those that are interested info is here:
http://www.motoidaho.org/node/2279

Self Guided Routes from The Log House RV Park, Enterprise, OR

Click the route title to go to full information

CampWhere it all starts

Buckhorn/Asotin_Loop200 miles Ĺ dirt Ĺ pavement
Find GPX files here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...92&postcount=1

Troy2 options both 100 miles, one is dirt the other Ĺ and Ĺ
Find GPX files here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...69&postcount=1 & here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...77&postcount=1

Dug_Bar 124 miles,dirt
Find GPX files here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...03&postcount=1

Imnaha_Loop 2 options 70 miles and 110 miles, both Ĺ dirt and Ĺ pavement.
Find GPX files here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...33&postcount=1 and here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...41&postcount=1

Hat_Point100 miles, it can be dirt or Ĺ and Ĺ
Find GPX files here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...24&postcount=1

FS39,_Hess_Rd.,&_Kleinschmidt 170 miles, dirt and pavement with a gas stop along the way
Find GPX files here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...17&postcount=1

LookoutsChoose your own adventure
The GPX file is included in the lookouts link.

Kickback_&_relax_ideas Joseph and Wallowa Lake
Some ideas for getting there from the west:
The following is from EOKYLE
La Grande to Enterprisethe fun/long way. 180 miles of dirt from La Grande to Enterprise. Over the mountains and through the woods to the Wallowa Valley Adventure Jamboree we go. (Doesnít that just roll off your tongue? )

Be sure to check for snow conditions before attempting this one. EOKYLE agreed to pre-run this route a week or two before the Jamboree to check for snow conditions. Iíll post his findings here when he reports back in. This is big bike friendly, Steep and Rocky have ridden it on their Wees.

Alternates for La Grande to Enterprise above
North routes -

South routes

Ladybug0048 screwed with this post 06-07-2014 at 03:49 PM
Old 12-01-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

FIN List where the fun kids play
Ladybug0048
asrvivor (auto-in)
Mortimersickle (aka Pickle)
1911 Fan
Mrs. 1911 Fan
IDRIDR
GA
Walla Walla Bob
Craig McCurdy
Crashclay
Ladukebob
NotAllWhoWanderRLost
Scarlet
sorebutt
BSkye
Loud Al
Rainbow007
Radioman
tblume
NoPochicken
fatherof4
bgt595
cbmma1969
GotItGood
bruceo
Cruiser Dude
Scott_PDX
FoolHardy
Senore Squirrel
beemerron
Voidrider
Solarbronco
Pigpen
OR400
NatDesertCat
Foot dragger
Slow Joe
Lo-N-Slo
Hurricane Katie
windypoint
dionbilt
Sethro303
cedamron
Righty65
rkclm
Mtnseker
HellsAlien
PBRider
Gregulator
Special Ed_65
andrew.pdx
CaptainAttila
fbritt5
touchngodan
Gruesohm
rjmorel
Spokane Dave
WhichWayNow
goldtooth
Garbage Marc
cbrxxcess
glassman64
Squirrel66
NWPanzer
3horsepack
Motomantra
all4the.ride
pyro 256
Edwards
smilin jack
KowBell
Jandreno
ChadYoung
Zooman
Chawlee
smithe
Sector
dirtywurty
Concow Mower ~ Dave & KC Puppy
Concow Mower ~ Dot
moto-treks
Wendy
Maverik
Professor Fate
Sideup
Mrs. Sideup
Rider1405
Iride2
MustangShelly
Grinns
Kent Glasscock
dave186
coolsen
mjeidaho
dirtywurty
ThrottleMonkey
208AdventureRob
ChrisK7
RogerinDusty
RogerinDustyWifey
BlueByU06
LimitedSlip
BoiseMike
XB12R
Redog1
Maxacceleration
RossTheRed
doggitter
doggitterwifey
Jediael
Jediaeldad
SuperD
rockyroad
dcbace
thetourist
AdventureGirl
DoubleThumper
The_Precious_Juice
EWood
nwgeezer
mylifeuncut
hugemoth

In the recovery ward working on healing so they can come to this event :
IdahoSam - Heal quickly so you will come back stronger than ever next year.

Fence sitters getting splinters in their butts.
Mr. Fisherman - out, bummer
EOKYLE
Beast1210

Ladybug0048 screwed with this post 06-19-2014 at 05:36 AM
Old 12-01-2013, 03:24 AM   #4
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,355
Did someone say fajitas??

IN!!!!!!

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOO
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #5
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Bassplayinroach, You're on the list and I'll bet AJ will be happy to put you to work helping him with those fajitas.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #6
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,355
Gladly!! I'll bring 25 kinds of salsa and hot sauce too
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #7
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,185
Out this year. Will be in Arkansas by then headed east on the bikes.
Have fun and see you there again in 2015!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #8
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,149
Summer is here!! Summer is here!!
Well, at least we're THINKING about Summer.....

As expected, Mustangshelly and I are "IN".
The two Hooligan Hounds are VERY likely also in.
They may be coming by bike this year.
We got us a dog-shuttling sidecar rig now,
.....complete with KLR pusher!!

Hot Sauce is good, Roach, thanks!!
S1marks says the '2014 Race to Dug Bar' is ON!!
I really just wanna race S1 up Camp Creek Rd on the big bikes again
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #9
mrmagoolin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
The Magoolin's are IN!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #10
Craig McCurdy
BIGMAC

Oddometer: 1,412
Maybe!
Craig McCurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #11
Ladukebob
lost in hood river

Oddometer: 1,644
What's the discount for getting "in" on the first day?
findLadukebob
Ladukebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #12
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,499
Vacation time submitted, hoping for approval but my partner will be out that week.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #13
NotAllWhoWanderRLost
Lost

Oddometer: 422
IN!

Scarlet and I had so much last year we wouldn't miss it.

Our junior ADVer is working at Wallowa Lake again next summer so this a great excuse to ride in Wallowa County and spend some time with him too.
NotAllWhoWanderRLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #14
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladukebob View Post
What's the discount for getting "in" on the first day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig McCurdy View Post
Maybe!
NO discount for your Wishy Washy attitude, CMC.....
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #15
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,627
I'm in. I'm thinking about bringing my trailer and coming a week early so I can spend some time riding. There must be a road I haven't ridden yet.

I'll also bring some salsa. My wife makes killer fresh salsa.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote