Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 05:43 AM   #46
wolfmanluggage OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by simestd View Post
I've got a set of BRMoto side racks for my DR650 (Wolfman OEM I believe). I'll be ordering a set of your Expedition Dry Saddle Bags and wanted to ask whether you thought the older Wolfman or newer universal strap system was faster/easier to get the bags on and off the bike? In other words, since I have racks that are compatible with the older mounting system, would it be worthwhile to get the older straps.

Thanks!
Both systems work. They take about the same time to attach to the side racks. The New Saddle Bag Strap allows the webbing to move easier thus making the compression of the bag easier.
Woof!
e
wolfmanluggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #47
MJS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,801
Quote:
I've got a set of BRMoto side racks for my DR650 (Wolfman OEM I believe). I'll be ordering a set of your Expedition Dry Saddle Bags and wanted to ask whether you thought the older Wolfman or newer universal strap system was faster/easier to get the bags on and off the bike? In other words, since I have racks that are compatible with the older mounting system, would it be worthwhile to get the older straps.

Thanks!
I have bags with both the old and new. I think the old system is quicker to clip in and out of the BR racks (the old style with the wire hoop). But as noted above the new system is easier to compress the bags and also works well if you move the bags to a different rack. Time off and on the bike is about equal for either style.

BTY if you really hated the new style, I think you could cut off the short loop that goes around the frame and use the buckle as old style (?).
Old 02-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #48
wolfmanluggage OP
Gnarly Adventurer

BTY if you really hated the new style, I think you could cut off the short loop that goes around the frame and use the buckle as old style (?).[/QUOTE]

Actually no, as the Webbing is going through and around the End Slot of the Chrome slide, and Not through and around the Center Bar on the Chrome Slide.
Woo!
e

PS The New Saddle Bag Strap is Awesome.

wolfmanluggage screwed with this post 02-20-2014 at 09:44 AM
Old 02-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #49
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post
BTY if you really hated the new style, I think you could cut off the short loop that goes around the frame and use the buckle as old style (?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmanluggage View Post
Actually no, as the Webbing is going through a slot and Not through and around the Center Bar on the Chrome Slide.
Woo!
e
If he cuts the buckle off the new style straps, it's simple enough to re-thread around the centre bar as per the old style. Or, if you didn't want to destroy the new fixings, I'm sure Wolfman would sell you the buckles separately to re-thread them in the old style.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #50
wolfmanluggage OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bar View Post
If he cuts the buckle off the new style straps, it's simple enough to re-thread around the centre bar as per the old style. Or, if you didn't want to destroy the new fixings, I'm sure Wolfman would sell you the buckles separately to re-thread them in the old style.
Joe Bar:
I could not have said it better myself.
Thanx.

Woof!
e
Old 02-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #51
simestd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Thanks for the opinions and options!

I really appreciate the information and opinions! Is there any chance the link to the old style instructions for the Expedition Dry Saddlebags could be fixed? Under the Instructions tab, both links below "Older strap-style mounting instructions (Pre-October 2013):" are broken.

'82 XV750, '82 GL500, '02 DR650, '07 XT225

simestd screwed with this post 02-21-2014 at 11:23 AM Reason: Fixing URL
simestd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #52
wolfmanluggage OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I really appreciate the information and opinions! Is there any chance the link to the old style instructions for the Expedition Dry Saddlebags could be fixed? Under the Instructions tab, both links below "Older strap-style mounting instructions (Pre-October 2013):" are broken.

Oops! Our Bad, I'll get webmaster on it pronto!!
Woof!
e
Old 02-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #53
Three Dawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
Used my new-ish medium sized Wolfman Expedition bag on a rented XTZ1200 on a vacation in NZ. Worked a treat- the D rings to thread the straps through were really useful to stop it slipping sideways on the small Givi top plate when I was using the bag to carry a small amount of gear a couple of days. Great piece of kit.

Three Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #54
surferbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
too big for a KTM 690 enduro r

Hi,

Is the Blackhawk tank bag too big for a 2014 KTM 690 enduro R? Just got the bike and previously had a 2010 BMW R1200 GS which could handle any tank bag. Or should I go for the Enduro size?
BT2010 - Big Trip 2010 13 days and ...
My Spot WhereAmIriding
surferbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #55
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Just got the Blackhawk and installed it on my GSA. Fits the shape of the tank very well and when the straps are tight, very secure. I do have to trim the straps down and it is a bit of a pain getting the front back on correctly after gassing up but part of that may be me. I've never used a strap on bag before. I would say its a keeper, good price, good quality.

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #56
bouldergeek
Filthy, poor KLR dweeb

Oddometer: 1,074
I just wanted to give you guys a shout of appreciation.

I swang in to the Longmont store just before crating my KLR for South America, last year.

I love my Expedition tank bag, waterproof duffel, Rock Straps, clip on carabiner keyring and Wolfman t-shirt, which I proudly wore in Antarctica all winter long. It is now one of only four shirts I am schlepping around South America.

My Wolfman sticker washed off my panniers down in the Salar de Uyuni, however. Very sad.

From the End of the Earth to the End of the Road: South Pole to the Darien
bouldergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #57
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
Tank Bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travman View Post
Just got the Blackhawk and installed it on my GSA. Fits the shape of the tank very well and when the straps are tight, very secure. I do have to trim the straps down and it is a bit of a pain getting the front back on correctly after gassing up but part of that may be me. I've never used a strap on bag before. I would say its a keeper, good price, good quality.

I used one strap instead of both that were shipped with my tank bag. When I fuel up I unhook the lower part, as the top one wants to fall off the bike. Not the handiest but the bag will tip up and stay there while I fuel up. Don't have to try and find the loose strap that way.
arraflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #58
wolfmanluggage OP
Gnarly Adventurer

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650 'New Edition"

Hi Guys, check this our we got our hands on a 2014 KLR 650"New Edition" with upgraded Suspension, Seat, and our cool 2014: Blackhawk Tank Bag, Boulder Beta Rear Bag, Renegade Duffle, and a Wolf Bottle Holster with Wolfy SnapHook Kit for quick on/off. (Great Rack-Less Set Up)
Looks sharp on the Black and Pearl color combo.

Thanks To Rocky Mountain Kawasaki for the Bike!!

Woof!
e

wolfmanluggage screwed with this post 03-17-2014 at 08:21 AM
Old 03-17-2014, 08:26 AM   #59
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
installing a Wolfman Enduro tool bag

Hi Wolfman,

I have a bunch of Wolfman bags (Rocky Mtn panniers, Enduro tank bag) but am having trouble installing my Enduro tool bag. I'd like to install it onto my Touratech rack on the rear of my 690 Enduro.

I can't seem to find a good way to secure the bag to the rear rack. Does anyone at Wolfman have any ideas for me that doesn't include removing the rack and drilling into my plastic? (I realize that is the official installation process but I don't want to do that because I have the rack.)
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #60
wolfmanluggage OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
Hi Wolfman,

I have a bunch of Wolfman bags (Rocky Mtn panniers, Enduro tank bag) but am having trouble installing my Enduro tool bag. I'd like to install it onto my Touratech rack on the rear of my 690 Enduro.

I can't seem to find a good way to secure the bag to the rear rack. Does anyone at Wolfman have any ideas for me that doesn't include removing the rack and drilling into my plastic? (I realize that is the official installation process but I don't want to do that because I have the rack.)
gen,
Thank You for being a Wolfman Customer. Since you want to keep the Tail Rack, you will need to make a "Washer" to seal the cut outs on the rack. you can use bar stock or a cutting board. Since this not per the "official" instructions you will have to get creative.
Woof!
e

wolfmanluggage screwed with this post 03-17-2014 at 11:03 AM