Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #166
vee2win
oldnwiser

Oddometer: 199
Great races at Lima. Bad luck hit Halbert, he had the place wired. Love cushions, makes for more lines and passes. Too bad Santa Rosa cancelled, but new promoters put Calistoga back on the same weekend. Sac, Calistoga and Pomona all within driving to, yes!
Old 06-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #167
Calkins
On Any Sunday...

Oddometer: 499
Anyone have photos of Mikey Martin from Knoxville? I was helping them that weekend (my home track/national), and would like to find some more photos.
2007 Triumph Bonneville America - 865
WANTED - Boss Flat Track Frames - WANTED
Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #168
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkins View Post
Anyone have photos of Mikey Martin from Knoxville? I was helping them that weekend (my home track/national), and would like to find some more photos.
You might try asking on Facebook. Somebody following FTL or AMA Pro Flat Track's Facebook pages (thats a lot of people) might be able to help.

Hagerstown live streaming today! http://www.fanschoice.tv/watch-live/ama/flat-track

48 Entries in the Expert class

35 Entires in Pro Singles
Old 07-05-2014, 11:41 PM   #169
HOTPASS
Torch slinger

Oddometer: 79
Just met an cool old guy on a tenere in the middle of nowhere today who told me the sac mile is back on!!!!!!!!! Been so busy working I just lost all hope and stopped checking.

Buying tickets Wednesday. The track is about 6 mins from where I live in midtown.

If the wife can't get off it may just be me, gonna try to reserved tickets in turn 1

. Made my night!!
Old 07-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #170
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

GNC Main from last night in Hagerstown.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #171
Mtneer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
It was a good night for racing in Hagerstown, well attended event, good racing, very few red flags, try to make every year, met some nice people from NJ who sat behind us, if you live anywhere near the national series, it's worth attending. Hope to make the mile in August in VA, my flat track racing friend in CO, says the mile is where it's wild, one of the best shows in motorsports.
Mtneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #172
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,373
I caught the Hagerstown race on Saturday night and the Barbara Fritchie Classic in Frederick, MD on Friday, so it was two days of good race spectating for me!

Hagerstown was great, as usual, but it was a shame to see Kenny Coolbeth break while in the lead. The racing was competitive in both classes, and the "show" seems to be stepped up a notch. I thought Barry and Scotty did a great job in years past, but the quality of the program definitely showed improvement. I especially like that they are explaining some of the rules of the sport and some of the class structure details during down time. That helps people who don't follow it religiously and people new to the sport. Great job Barry, hope to see you at another one this year.

Mtneer - go see a mile, you won't be disappointed. When those bikes are uncorked, they make a truly wonderful sound. You hear the rumble in the distance, and when they come by in a pack the speed is hard to fathom. Go stand by the fence and you'll be amazed.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #173
Mtneer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Yeah, the announcers do a good job, if Coolbeth's bike would have lasted The Piper and Jammer would have been racing for 2nd, it's always fun to watch, especially when it's close bar to bar racing. I try to go every year, my good friend lives outside of Cumberland, so we always go and look at the bikes, watch the races, ride together on Sunday. My friend in CO, has a track on his property, knows several Pros, he is my go to source for technical info, the year Joe Koop won, we were in the pits, I called him and handed my phone to Joe, he got a kick out of it. That was also when they let Al Wilcox flag the dash for cash, we knew Al from WERA at Summit Point and pitting by him and his wife Julia, two special people(RIP). My buddy son got killed in 89 at Road Atlanta, the following year, the first WERA race at Summit was dedicated to him, Al gave my friend his checkered flag in tears, his son was only 17, the first time Al saw him run, he told my buddy, that boy is a racer. Al passed in Febuary the following year from complications after falling at home, wished the AMA would have inducted him in the hall of fame while he was living, sorry to get off track.
Mtneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #174
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer View Post
Yeah, the announcers do a good job, if Coolbeth's bike would have lasted The Piper and Jammer would have been racing for 2nd, it's always fun to watch, especially when it's close bar to bar racing. I try to go every year, my good friend lives outside of Cumberland, so we always go and look at the bikes, watch the races, ride together on Sunday. My friend in CO, has a track on his property, knows several Pros, he is my go to source for technical info, the year Joe Koop won, we were in the pits, I called him and handed my phone to Joe, he got a kick out of it. That was also when they let Al Wilcox flag the dash for cash, we knew Al from WERA at Summit Point and pitting by him and his wife Julia, two special people(RIP). My buddy son got killed in 89 at Road Atlanta, the following year, the first WERA race at Summit was dedicated to him, Al gave my friend his checkered flag in tears, his son was only 17, the first time Al saw him run, he told my buddy, that boy is a racer. Al passed in Febuary the following year from complications after falling at home, wished the AMA would have inducted him in the hall of fame while he was living, sorry to get off track.
Great story, thanks for sharing it. Shame about your buddies son, RIP.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #175
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Kentucky.

I really like these pre and post event videos that AMA Pro Flat Track puts together. Track walks with top racers and interviews with podium finishers. The interviews after the races are just great. Such genuine reactions the racers and great action mixed in.

Is this the work of Will Fulford and Thunder Mchaffie? If so, tell them great job. I really look forward to these each race.

For anyone who hasn't seen these short videos, here's a sample:

Old 07-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #176
Kentucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
I caught the Hagerstown race on Saturday night and the Barbara Fritchie Classic in Frederick, MD on Friday, so it was two days of good race spectating for me!

Hagerstown was great, as usual, but it was a shame to see Kenny Coolbeth break while in the lead. The racing was competitive in both classes, and the "show" seems to be stepped up a notch. I thought Barry and Scotty did a great job in years past, but the quality of the program definitely showed improvement. I especially like that they are explaining some of the rules of the sport and some of the class structure details during down time. That helps people who don't follow it religiously and people new to the sport. Great job Barry, hope to see you at another one this year.

Mtneer - go see a mile, you won't be disappointed. When those bikes are uncorked, they make a truly wonderful sound. You hear the rumble in the distance, and when they come by in a pack the speed is hard to fathom. Go stand by the fence and you'll be amazed.
Thanks so much! The encouragement means so much. Especially nice to hear specific things you are liking. Went to a hockey match once and had no clue what was happening. I never forget that.

Barry
2009 Kawasaki KLR650
1973 Jawa 350 Californian two stroke twin
Kentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #177
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Nice interview with new Sacramento Mile promoter Steve McLaughlin in the new Cycle News.

Just bought my tickets.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #178
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

AMA Pro Flat Track 1/2 mile tonight at Gray's Harbor, WA. Live Streaming on FansChoice.TV
Old 07-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #179
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Double weather curse for AMA Pro Racing today. Mist is delaying the start of practice tonight in Washington.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #180
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,231
RAIN OUT......

Race Sunday......

Times for start to follow ...

practice 10:00, opening ceremonies at 1pm, heat races 1:30
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote