Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2014, 05:50 AM   #91
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 8,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
yes, much better tonight!

Cameras 1 & 2 had garbled sound, camera 3 had good sound. Of course it isn't too great to watch fixed cameras like 2 & 3.

Still not overly impressive. No comparison to real TV coverage.

Maybe if I can get the signal to the TV...

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #92
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,221
Last night I didn't even switch off the primary feed. Which had 2 manned cameras following the action. I don't recall any real sound problems. I had a really good time watching it. The freehand/roaming camera work that came in occasionally between the races was a nice touch. Actually seeing the announcers as they were killing time during a track maintenance break that one time was nice. It was cool to put faces with those hard working voices

Overall, sure it was a little rough at times. But hey, it was the first weekend. And I never hated it.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #93
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,470
Expert Mains from Daytona Short Track on Thursday and Friday night are both available for viewing on the AMA Pro Racing YouTube page.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AMAProVids
Old 03-19-2014, 10:59 AM   #94
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,208
Friday night photos

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:38 AM   #95
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

^^^^ F*ck! Awesome photos. Love Mikey Rush looking into the corner with the bike so completely sideways and Coolbeth's obvious joy on the victory lap. Looks like I have some new screensavers.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #96
Kentucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,219
Kenny Coolbeth talked about his win at Daytona Flat Track II last night on Talking Motorcycles with Barry Boone. His thoughts on the twins season ahead are here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/talking...kenny-coolbeth
Old 03-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #97
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Just got the news that the Sacramento Mile has been cancelled. Hugely bummed and kind of shocked because the Mile sold out every year since its return and Bob Bellino is one of the best promoters in Flat Track with a true love for the sport. He even doubled the purse last year to help teams after the rainouts in Springfield and Lima. And the Sacramento Mile is just fantastic with a great venue and racing under the lights.

Horse racing industry wins another round.

Santa Rosa Mile is still a go.

From an email sent by Circle Bell Motorsports:
Quote:
"This is a very unfortunate turn of events," said Bob Bellino, promoter of the Sacramento Mile for the last four years. "We're sorry that we won't be able to host the AMA Pro Flat Track races at the Cal Expo venue this year. There were unexpected complications with the horse racing industry regarding track conditions that have led to the improbable cancelation of the event. It is very disheartening to me that we won't run the Sacramento Mile in 2014."

The news comes as an obvious disappointment to fans, sponsors and riders, as the Sacramento Mile has been an exciting mainstay on the AMA Pro Flat Track schedule for the past four years, with a rich history that dates back to 1959.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:31 AM   #98
Kentucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
Just got the news that the Sacramento Mile has been cancelled. Hugely bummed and kind of shocked because the Mile sold out every year since its return and Bob Bellino is one of the best promoters in Flat Track with a true love for the sport. He even doubled the purse last year to help teams after the rainouts in Springfield and Lima. And the Sacramento Mile is just fantastic with a great venue and racing under the lights.

Horse racing industry wins another round.

Santa Rosa Mile is still a go.

From an email sent by Circle Bell Motorsports:
Bob is such a good man. He's been dealing with the enviro-wackos for about 60 days. Holding him ransom over calcium chloride.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #99
meatsack
Moto-idiot

Oddometer: 390
In happier news...
The San Jose Indoor Short Track is tonight!
www.sanjoseindoor.com

If you can get there I highly recommend it. Motorcycle racing on polished concrete in a cage. What could possibly go wrong?

Practice last night was a blast. There are sooo many cool vintage bikes racing and at least 8 AMA pros who've turned up to compete for the pro purse and put on a show.

The Clubmans British bike show is just an added bonus.

Stop by the Nor-Cal Short Track booth and say hi if you attend.
04' CRF230 Flat Tracker, 02' CRF150F, 66' CB160

meatsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #100
vee2win
oldnwiser

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky View Post
Bob is such a good man. He's been dealing with the enviro-wackos for about 60 days. Holding him ransom over calcium chloride.
It goes deeper than this issue. So let's move on and sell out Santa Rosa.
Beautiful setting, awesome cushion. No rain out guaranteed! Bellino gives
all to us fans, we must support the effort.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:55 AM   #101
Calkins
On Any Sunday...

Oddometer: 499
Tell us some stories Barry, please? Or pimp your show? I am looking forward to hearing what Mr. Sumner has to say on Wednesday evening!!
2007 Triumph Bonneville America - 865
Triumph Speedmaster - Land Speed Racer
Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #102
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Good News! The Sacramento Mile is back on the schedule.

AMA Pro Racing: Sacramento Mile to Return to California State Fair on July 26, 2014 as part of AMA Pro Flat Track Schedule

Glad to see Steve McLaughlin participating but I'm bummed that Bob Bellino may not be involved. Bellno brought Flat Track back to Northern California with very successful events and does a first class job for everyone: fans, racers, sponsors.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:45 AM   #103
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
I have the feeling that a lot more PRO TWINS will show up at Springfield this year. They are a better fit for a mile than a 450 and there are a lot of good engines available for reasonable prices. This was a great AMA idea. It lets riders get a feel for a bigger , heavier bike on the fast tracks. Now, if we can only get Springfield dried out and NOT RAINING this year we will see if I am correct!
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:00 AM   #104
Calkins
On Any Sunday...

Oddometer: 499
That is exactly why I bought a spare Triumph twin, when I found one SUPER cheap. I have had the honor of turning wrenches for Bill Gately at the last two Knoxville events, and will do so again this year. Bill and I have talked about my want to build a Triumph Pro Twins engine. Now it is just down to collecting parts...
2007 Triumph Bonneville America - 865
Triumph Speedmaster - Land Speed Racer
Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #105
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

The Springfield Mile is just days away. Lets wake this thread up with some on-board footage from Jared Mees.