Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #16
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
Is it possible that you have a herniated disc in your lower back? I just learned a lot about herniated discs. I have one in my neck at the moment. The pain comes and goes. When I first got it, it came more than went. I would get the feeling of being stabbed in the neck, hit in the clavicle with a hammer or being punched in the arm. At times, only one of these areas would hurt and others, all three would hurt. I can't tell you how strange it is to feel like somebody just punched your arm but know that it never happened.

The doc gave me a steroid and an RX for an MRI. The drugs helped a good bit and the MRI just confirmed the diagnosis. I still have pain but it is getting less and less. I have had symptoms for more than 6 weeks now and some of those have been absolutely miserable. Waking up in the middle of the night from imprecise pain just sucks. While driving, I was near tears.

I just did a quick look and it appears that a herniated disc in the lower back could pinch a nerve that comes from your leg. Maybe this is something to pursue with your doctor.

Yes, it is a possibility. My father is growing paralyzed in his left leg because of spine issues. After years of tests and diagnosis, the docs cannot pinpoint a specific location that causes this for him, so no one wants to go in and fix it. In the mean time, he is slowly losing his mobility in the leg. They said they would cut him open only if absolutely inevitable because of the risk involved (possibly causing more damage than good).

He had all sorts of injections done, all tests known to men. About two years ago he had ozone injections into several discs which helped for a while (by shrinking the discs' volume) but it returned back to status quo within months.

They even contemplated injecting him with some sort of ethanol mixed with tungsten (Discogel) to cause tissue necrosis within the discs to reduce pressure on the nerves, but he back out of it due to the many unknowns with the procedure.

As for me, well, I'm about 70% back to normal as of today, so I'll just ride it out for a week or two more, taking it easy.
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,812
You have two girls right? Have them earn their keep by fluffing your pillows
Old 12-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #18
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
You have two girls right? Have them earn their keep by fluffing your pillows
They might do it in exchange for free passes to the mouseland

Hint...hint...
Old 12-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #19
Tom48
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
Take care. Maybe a little Booz for pain.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #20
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Well, I'm glad to report that the pain is gone with 100% mobility restored. Never figured out the reason, but it went even with religiously using the crutches. There was a day when I lapsed for one day, thinking that I was better. The next morning I cried in pain. But, sticking to the crutches 99% of the time has done wonders and I do not need them anymore.

Probably some soft tissue or nerve injury that left no bruise/mark whatsoever. Weird, painful, unexplainable...I'm glad it's over.