Ordered. Thanks for the awesome price.
Nnordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #33
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
I just ordered a Med/LG with 6 plates, I am 170lb and 6' even. Looking forward to trying it out. I have looked at JTucker's in person and its a nice piece. My current pressure suit (Sette, which was a rockgarden knockoff) is needing replaced. I cant wait to try it out the Juggernaut!

I am also curious about the mesh vs lycra. My current suit is nylon mesh, it has held up very well but its rough against the skin so I have always worn a lycra compression shirt under it (nike hot season gear). Helps reduce chaffing but adding an extra layer in the summer is not ideal.

Thanks
Jeremy
Hello,

For summer riding, those that are worried about heat should look into an evaporative cooling vest. As a motocross rider, I just drench myself between sessions. When it's over 100 degrees, I'm in good spirits because I'm air conditioned while riding. When the water evaporates, I just hit the hose again.
Street riders don't have it as easy, or dual-sport guys, or adv riders for that matter, that's where the evaporative cooling vest comes into play. My cooling vest is simply a t-shirt but anyone looking for a more comprehensive solution should look into a cooling vest.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #34
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ990 View Post
I also ordered one on Sunday, can't wait. Never having had a pressure suit before and living in FL where it gets very hot and humid, I'm wondering which material handles sweat better? By that I mean which material is easier to clean and doesn't retain the smell as much. I'm thinking probably mesh, but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
G
Both materials are easy to clean, the lycra would probably hold the odor easier/longer. Personally, an undershirt/cooling vest is mandatory with either material in my opinion. You can wear the lycra without an underlayer but I'm not a fan. The mesh requires an underlayer to reduce chaffing..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #35
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex76 View Post
Hey you have fat guy sizes!! Just ordered mine, much prefer my money going to a company like yours. Thanks!
Yes sir! We're working with a new supplier and our first order a month ago was on the tight side for larger sizes. Between the mesh and lycra and revised sizing, I think we'll be good for almost any size...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #36
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTucker View Post
Is the chest protection made any different than the previous one? it appears to be larger, possibly because of the size of the suit?
Also, like I said the suit is a little short and the velcro tabs on the top don't reach the kidney belt, will the new one be this way as well?
Also I had the longer piece attached to the kidney belt, is this still an option or needed?
The chest is now 1 solid piece of plastic and covers more area.

We're using a longer jacket pattern and have a recommendation for the velcro tabs. I think anyone with this question will need to call me for an explanation after the suit is received OR until I can get photos or instructions. The problem you encountered is no longer an issue..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #37
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Appreciation

Still, the ONLY forum I bring my Group Buys to exclusively!

Thank You ADVRider members, let's keep the ball rolling, Please tell a friend..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #38
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
The chest is now 1 solid piece of plastic and covers more area.

We're using a longer jacket pattern and have a recommendation for the velcro tabs. I think anyone with this question will need to call me for an explanation after the suit is received OR until I can get photos or instructions. The problem you encountered is no longer an issue..
Thank you, I will be ordering a new one.
JTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #39
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

lowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrapper View Post
Are you guys ever planning to make protective gear for the lower half of the body? It's something missing in your lineup that I've often wondered about.
It's on the list of "things" and has been for a while. Having a new supplier will make product development much easier, so 2014 should see a product for that category..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #40
winch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
It's on the list of "things" and has been for a while. Having a new supplier will make product development much easier, so 2014 should see a product for that category..
I'm listening...
winch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #41
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Great! I look forward to being able to order some lower body protection from you.
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #42
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutten View Post
I'm listening...
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrapper View Post
Great! I look forward to being able to order some lower body protection from you.
Anything you would want to see in lowers specifically? Plastic, foam or a combination thereof..

Shorts or pants? I've always thought shorts would be preferred to pants, in terms of ease of use and durability over time.
I've had samples made in the past of both, I preferred the shorts and still use them..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #43
winch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Anything you would want to see in lowers specifically? Plastic, foam or a combination thereof..

Shorts or pants? I've always thought shorts would be preferred to pants, in terms of ease of use and durability over time.
I've had samples made in the past of both, I preferred the shorts and still use them..
For more road riding, pants would be better. Than you could get in knee protection without wearing knee pads, and lower cut boots are the norm.

However, (at least in my case) dual sport riders are probably already wearing MX style boots and with some sort of knee protection. So, shorts would be better.

With regards to foam/plastic, for some reason I think hard plastic makes more sense for the upper body than the lower body. I'd prefer to see foam padding on hips, quads, etc. I feel it would be more comfortable and user friendly. I could be wrong though.
winch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #44
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutten View Post
For more road riding, pants would be better. Than you could get in knee protection without wearing knee pads, and lower cut boots are the norm.

However, (at least in my case) dual sport riders are probably already wearing MX style boots and with some sort of knee protection. So, shorts would be better.

With regards to foam/plastic, for some reason I think hard plastic makes more sense for the upper body than the lower body. I'd prefer to see foam padding on hips, quads, etc. I feel it would be more comfortable and user friendly. I could be wrong though.
noted!! The only place I could see any plastic would be on the thighs.. We'll see..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 12-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #45
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Social Media

Believe it or not, I just implemented our site with Social Media plug'ins- Better late than never.. How about we test it out? Anyone reading this, if you feel so inclined, please check our site out at

www.highvelocitygear.com and hit one of the social media links, currently there are on only 3 pages, index/home,product page and the ADVRider Juggernaut page

If there's any problems with the plug-in, please let me know..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 12-14-2013 at 09:58 PM