ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
chokozip OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Welp....See you later #2

Well my friends I hate to say it but my time here in the Pacific Northwest is short just like Kootenai Rider not to long ago.
About a month ago I got a call offering me a job.The first words I said were no before the details were given.This job would mean I have to relocate to some of the flatest land known to man.After many hours of discussion Jen and I decided to hear the details and think about it.They flew Jen and I out for a weekend a few weeks ago.I went through hours of interviews and Jen got to go see a little of the area.The rest of the weekend was seeing the area so we hade a vague idea of what we might be in for.After we got back I got the offical offer.Too good to pass up.So with that I put my notice in with my current employer of 14 1/2 years and came home.My last day will be the day after Christmas then I high tail it to Minneapolis to start my new job on the 30th.Im excited to take a huge step in my career and slightly nervious over the relocation and new job in general.I guess its normal.The biggest thing I will miss is hanging out with alot of you.I have been on some great rides this year and was really looking forward to the comming year.Life sure has away of changing plans.Social media is a great thing and we will stay in touch.I look forward to getting settled in our new location so we can start looking forward to making trips back to see you all.

Good thing they have lots of lakes with bass:)

I will be back!
Sean

Colorado/Utah 2014 ride report here:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1019732
chokozip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:29 AM   #2
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,481
Best of luck to you Sean!! Hope you have a great 2014!!
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,297
Boy, oh boy, that is a long road to the middle!!
Nice to have had the time to meet you this Summer !!

The Oregon Trail started in Missouri
What goes around, comes around
Good luck and good fun starting over, Sean & Jen
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokozip View Post
Well my friends I hate to say it but my time here in the Pacific Northwest is short just like Kootenai Rider not to long ago.
About a month ago I got a call offering me a job.The first words I said were no before the details were given.This job would mean I have to relocate to some of the flatest land known to man.After many hours of discussion Jen and I decided to hear the details and think about it.They flew Jen and I out for a weekend a few weeks ago.I went through hours of interviews and Jen got to go see a little of the area.The rest of the weekend was seeing the area so we hade a vague idea of what we might be in for.After we got back I got the offical offer.Too good to pass up.So with that I put my notice in with my current employer of 14 1/2 years and came home.My last day will be the day after Christmas then I high tail it to Minneapolis to start my new job on the 30th.Im excited to take a huge step in my career and slightly nervious over the relocation and new job in general.I guess its normal.The biggest thing I will miss is hanging out with alot of you.I have been on some great rides this year and was really looking forward to the comming year.Life sure has away of changing plans.Social media is a great thing and we will stay in touch.I look forward to getting settled in our new location so we can start looking forward to making trips back to see you all.

Good thing they have lots of lakes with bass:)

I will be back!
Sean
Lookis like you have new and exciting adventure ahead of you. Wishing you good luck and much happiness with your new job and home.
"Be real careful which and who's dream you get caught up in!!!" ~ Jettn Jim
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,260
Good luck on the new adventure. It'll go great.

When moving to a new place that is vastly different than what you're used to, its all what you make of it that will determine your success and like of the area/new job.

I learned that years back when I went to college. A lot of my friends from Cali bitched about Spokane. (When I was in college) I just immersed myself in things there, and didn't leave for 12 years.

Left as you noted, a little over a month ago. I'm slowly finding my place here, but am loving every minute of it...

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #6
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,311
And you'll meet lots of new folks... while out shoveling snow

Good luck with the move!

Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #7
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
Good luck on the new adventure. It'll go great.

When moving to a new place that is vastly different than what you're used to, its all what you make of it that will determine your success and like of the area/new job.

I learned that years back when I went to college. A lot of my friends from Cali bitched about Spokane. (When I was in college) I just immersed myself in things there, and didn't leave for 12 years.

Left as you noted, a little over a month ago. I'm slowly finding my place here, but am loving every minute of it...
Is everything all english or are you getting to learn/use chinese etc ?
Old 12-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
Squishy
Positively charged

Oddometer: 1,195

Sorry to hear this Sean, the few rides & camps we've had together, getting to know you, enjoy your riding style, character & general happy companionship were a pleasure.
From an unselfish point of view, i wish you & Jen all the happiness in this life changing relocation & career choice. It is a big step, changing to another way of life in a foreign environment, as i've done from New Zealand to England, Italy, Australia & the US. It is an ordeal selling most everything, leaving loved ones & friends you've worked at aquiring. But as i've also found, a whole new world awaits those with excitement in their eyes & an attitude of total openess & unreserved optimism.

I wish you all the best with your endeavors & look forward to reading about your adventures you embark upon.

Cheers, Neil.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
ColemanCox
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Hey Sean..... Good luck with the new adventure! Plenty of places to ride and fish out that way so you should be covered from that stand point. Consider adding a snow machine to the stable....

Take care.....

Coleman
ColemanCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
Ladukebob
lost in hood river

Oddometer: 1,727
Being a native to North Dakota all I can say is Minnesota sucks

Well except that's where my wife is from so I guess it's not all bad. Really though that part of the country truly has some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Someday we hope to move back out there somewhere. Good luck!
findLadukebob
Ladukebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,962
Sean - Wish you the best for your move to the Midwest. You think it's cold here now.... Every try flyfishing an ice-hole? At least you'll have the BMW Rally close again this next summer (St Paul).

See ya on the flip side!

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #12
Mustangshelly
Adventurer...hardly

Oddometer: 548
Sean, it was great to meet you. Good luck in your move. You know there is always tent space at our place if you get over this way.
Mustangshelly is offline   Reply With Quote