ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2007, 05:50 AM   #1
delta21 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Seattle motorcycle rental

My Girlfriend and I are going to vacation in the Seattle area this summer (the last week of july) are there any motorcycle rental places in the Seattle area?
delta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:32 AM   #2
DANRIDE
A Weeble

Oddometer: 598
Thumb Ride Puget Sound

I'VE HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT MOUNTAIN TO SOUND RENTALS. http://www.mtsma.com/rentals.htm YOU'LL LOVE THE AREA! LOTS O STUFF TO SEE WITH GREAT ROADS TO EXPLORE. HOPE TO SEE YA ON THE ROAD.
DANRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
John E Davies
Runs at Mouth Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta21
My Girlfriend and I are going to vacation in the Seattle area this summer (the last week of july) are there any motorcycle rental places in the Seattle area?
What kind of bike are you interested in? You won't find it too hard to rent a cruiser or tourer, but if you have dirt biking or other type of riding in mind, you won't find much.

If you just want to explore the mountains and Puget Sound over a weekend, two up, a cruiser would be fine.

PLEASE be very aware of all the aspects of Seafair - it's a month long celebration of maritime fun in Seattle. It culminates in the championship finals Hydroplane Races on Lake Washington Aug 3-5. This may seem alien to you, but it's a huge deal for locals, and the attendance is measured in hundereds of thousands. So hotel room availability and traffic are affected very negatively that week. If you haven't arranged for a place to stay you should do so immediately!!! Stick around for the races - they are way cool.

http://www.seafair.com/

http://www.seafair.com/hydroplane.asp

Also consider making a new post "Places to visit in Seattle?" so you can find the best spots using insider knowledge. I lived there 23 years and know some good ones.

Home Page: http://www.spokanister.net

John E Davies screwed with this post 02-23-2007 at 08:52 AM
John E Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:45 AM   #4
delta21 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
I checked out the link from the first post and they offer a ST 1100 for 139.00 a day, sounds reasonable. I never rented a bike before,but I'd hate to be out there and miss all of those great roads stuck in a cage.
delta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:59 PM   #5
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 6,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta21
I checked out the link from the first post and they offer a ST 1100 for 139.00 a day, sounds reasonable. I never rented a bike before,but I'd hate to be out there and miss all of those great roads stuck in a cage.
INSPECT THE BIKE CAREFULLY!

My experience with MTSA from another thread:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143790
Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
Turkus
Motorcyclus Unemploy

Oddometer: 22
Moto rentals in Seattle

I know this thread is 4 years old and I've found the two top contenders on Google but I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of another rental company "off the beaten path".

My buddy in LA wants to come up this summer, rent a bike, and us ride around for a few days. He's kind of a tiny guy that rides an SV650 so getting an UltrGlide from EagleRider is definitely out of the question.

Any hints, or should I just start looking for a "pre-owned" bike on CL for him to ride and then sell it when he leaves ??

TIA
AMA#228900/BMWMOA#147760
Ride Safe....and with a purpose
www.streetmasters.info
Turkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #7
PDC
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Turkus - Try TourUSA Motorcycle Rentals. All BMWs operating out of Ride West BMW in Seattle:
www.touusa.us
PDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
itsforrest
Ugly bag of mostly water

Oddometer: 330
If you can deal with a 250 or smaller, try Scootabout in downtown Seattle.
http://www.scootabout.biz/rental.html
Old 11-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
Djayr
n00b

Not TourUSA

Tour USA is awful--they overcharge and any scratches on your bike are charged for the whole part + labor to replace. We lost lots of $$ there
Djayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
Tmcgrath
n00b

Puke Would Not Use TourUSA

I had a terrible experience with Tour USA.

service was OK, but ended up paying $1800 for a 4 day rental when charges added on later.

I wouldn't use again or recommend to any friends or family.

If you are thinking of renting, at a minimum I'd ask for specific details and get in writing how damages will be assessed. I got burned because the credit card used to rent was 'pre-authorized' for up to $2500 so Tour USA charged me whatever they wanted after I returned the bike and I had no way to defend it- even with pictures and video showing the bike in mint condition.
Tmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #11
muddyJ
Shortcut ahead!

Oddometer: 165
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ghlight=rental

Not in WA, but you should consider them.
muddyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #12
WeeMcD
V-Strom explorer

Oddometer: 437
MotoQuest Seattle

I can't say enough good things about Motoquest. They have a rental place based out of RideWest BMW near the U district in Seattle. They are absolutely top notch. We rode a couple of their BWM GS1200's last year along the Pacific Coast Highway. Give them a shout and you won't be disappointed.

"When all else fails get a bigger hammer."
WeeMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #13
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 840
Check out motoquest tours in Seattle, or John Eisenburg irnmountainracing here on adv. top notch outfit...
Old 12-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #14
ducpilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmcgrath View Post
I had a terrible experience with Tour USA.

service was OK, but ended up paying $1800 for a 4 day rental when charges added on later.

I wouldn't use again or recommend to any friends or family.

If you are thinking of renting, at a minimum I'd ask for specific details and get in writing how damages will be assessed. I got burned because the credit card used to rent was 'pre-authorized' for up to $2500 so Tour USA charged me whatever they wanted after I returned the bike and I had no way to defend it- even with pictures and video showing the bike in mint condition.
I've heard nothing but great things about TourUSA and have had family and freinds rent from them while they were visiting. All of them had a good experience and didn't get any bogus charges. On top of that all of their bikes were top notch. If you want to trash on a bike that is already trashed try MotoQuest.

The www.TourUSA.us website says they are offering Adventure Rentals for 2012, they have only offered street bike in the past and you were not allowed to take them off-road. I am going to have my dad ride the WABDR with me next year and will be renting from them.

You and Djayr are both noobs and both only have one posting... I am guessing you guys are together and are just looking to slam on these guys; shame on you!
Old 12-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #15
ruffryder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANRIDE View Post
I'VE HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT MOUNTAIN TO SOUND RENTALS. http://www.mtsma.com/rentals.htm YOU'LL LOVE THE AREA! LOTS O STUFF TO SEE WITH GREAT ROADS TO EXPLORE. HOPE TO SEE YA ON THE ROAD.
I have used them once. Picked up a touring bike to go for a ride with the wife. Great couple and very friendly. Good selection of bikes too, and they are located near Preston so they were pretty close.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote