Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #121
sealsam OP
Sam...I am.

Oddometer: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclhb View Post
Sam, you might try sitting in the rear half of the seat on the Like. That's the way I rode mine. Put over 5000 miles on it in the 9 months before I bought the BV350. The Like motor got much faster and smoother up through about 4000 miles. The earlier miles have a more dramatic improvement.
The suspension is not as motorcycle like as the Piaggio, but the small wheels make for quick handling at low speeds. Hope you "like" it better in time.
Hey Tom,

From what I read on the Kymco forum, letting the bike loosen up as one racks up the miles, seems to be a common theme. Since this thing only has about 130mi., it's got along way to go. The bottom line on the Like is, my wife loves it. Keepin' momma happy has always been healthy for both of us.

Any travel plans on that BV?

Hope to see you on the Mission ride!

Sam

Southern California from a scooter;
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941261
sealsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #122
sealsam OP
Sam...I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgi View Post
You have a smart wife!

But does it accelerate as fast?
I am so accustomed to scooters shuddering on acceleration I wouldn't know what to do with smooth anyway.

My Bonnie is an '09.

(she's wearing different accessories these days)

I won't be able to make the Mission ride. Husband and I are headed for Montana with the bikes.
Hello Burgi,

I haven't had a chance to really accelerate with much vigor on the Like, since we're still breaking it in, but that won't last for long.

That Bonnie looks fantastic!

What's the plan for the MT trip? Where are the two of you headed? Glacier? Have you ever been up there before?

Over the past 9 years, I've spent a good amount of time in MT.. My m.i.l. lives in Bigfork, just south of Kalispell. The wife have ridden the RT there many times over the years, trying to varying the route each time. If you find yourself going through Bigfork...Burger Town is the place.

If headed to Going to the Sun, watch the opening dates up to Logan Pass, it is usually late June or early July before they get that hwy open.

Of course we can all expect a RideReport and pics.

I look foward to hearing about that trip...

Sam

Old 06-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #123
tclhb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
I think I'll do another trip in September Sam. Maybe San Diego? I'll let you know.
Glad your wife like the Like.
I'm planning on the Mission ride. Hope to see you there!
tclhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #124
Burgi
laying low

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by samthg View Post

What's the plan for the MT trip? Where are the two of you headed? Glacier? Have you ever been up there before?
The plan is to trailer the bikes to a friend's ranch outside of Dillon. I say plan cause our tow vehicle is a POS (we spend $$ on bikes not a car). Despite our intentions we have to keep our fingers crossed that it makes it through the desert.
From there we will head through Yellowstone out to Cody, WY, then over the Columbia Falls with the hopes of crossing GttS. Just checked the NPS web site and you are correct, looks like they have a good bit to go to get it fully open.
We will pass through Bigfork so I will make note to try and get burgers.
From there we will go down to the 12 and take that to Idaho before heading back to Dillon.
My only time in that area was on a cross country train trip and my husband has never been. Everyone tells me to watch out for animals, not what we accustomed to in this area!
What route do you take to get up there when you ride the RT?
Old 06-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #125
sealsam OP
Sam...I am.

Quote:
The plan is to trailer the bikes to a friend's ranch outside of Dillon. I say plan cause our tow vehicle is a POS (we spend $$ on bikes not a car). Despite our intentions we have to keep our fingers crossed that it makes it through the desert.
From there we will head through Yellowstone out to Cody, WY, then over the Columbia Falls with the hopes of crossing GttS. Just checked the NPS web site and you are correct, looks like they have a good bit to go to get it fully open.
We will pass through Bigfork so I will make note to try and get burgers.
From there we will go down to the 12 and take that to Idaho before heading back to Dillon.
My only time in that area was on a cross country train trip and my husband has never been. Everyone tells me to watch out for animals, not what we accustomed to in this area!
What route do you take to get up there when you ride the RT?
Hi Burgi,

The routes on the RT have varied over the years, from WA we've used 2, also used 395 all the way home that same trip. From the east when visiting Rushmore, we used 90. Of course slabbed it up 15. The loop west of Butte, Hwy 1 through Phillipsburg, is very nice. Just NW of Missoula is 200 to 83, The Swan as it's known to locals, is very worthy, but lots of wildlife!

Cody is fantastic, one of my favorites cities. Julie & I used Cody as base camp for three nights last summer. Tons to do and see in the area, the Buffalo Bill Center being the pinnacle, everything 'western' is in there. We caught the rodeo & chuckwagon dinner one evening, and that was a great move on our part. The BB Reservoir & dam are just west of town, and well worth taking a look around.

When going through Bigfork, if you find yourself in Harvest Foods, please make sure my b.i.l. Rick is hard at work(Hi Rick ). If you get shut out on the GttS road, there is still plenty to do in the area. Kalispell is big city stuff with all the conveniences, and Whitefish is very picturesque. North of Whitefish is the Whitefish Mountain Resort that you can ride gondola's to the top of the mountain, with great views toward Glacier. If you're really killing time, 93 to 37 thru Libby, to 2 is a hec of a loop.

And I know Dillon all too well. I always seem to stop there for fuel, rest or food. January of '13 I was in the McDonalds parking lot putting new windshield wipers on the Jeep in a blowing snow storm, that was one of the best 'rewards' coffee I've ever had!

North of Yellowstone; The Chief Joseph Hwy & Beartooth Pass, enough said.

You two are gunna have a blast!

Chief Joseph

Old 06-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #126
sealsam OP
Sam...I am.

Howdy scooter pirates,

Just giving a blast out about our local monthly ride...

It's off to one of CA missions.

Hope to see some of you out there!

http://www.meetup.com/long-beach-are...nts/185166812/

Old 06-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #127
tclhb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
I'll be there! 👍
tclhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #128
sealsam OP
Sam...I am.

Scooter Group Ride that included some "old" & a nap

Our monthly Long Beach Scooter Group ride took us on a somewhat short ride, 60 mile round trip, up to one of California famed missions. Mission San Gabriel is the fourth of the 21 CA missions that were established by Father Junipero Serra.

The mission was established in 1771

The grounds are well kept and manicured beautifully. These are a few of the newer gravestones, some date back to the late 1700's.

Waiting patiently to get the 'hell' out of here.

My buddy & I broke off from the group a little early, so we had a little time to check out the oldest operating McDonald's, it's a cool sight to see with a nice little museum documenting the history of McDonald's. No, we did not eat there.

Another great day to be out with 16 other scooter pirates. A shout out to Tom(BV350) & Marvin(fellow HD200 rider), nice seeing you guys!

BTW, when parking down hill at a mission parking lot, gravity will make your scooter take a nap. CRAP!

See ya soon RedRockRider, StG, & Simbaboy!

Old 06-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #129
villageidiot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,305
^^^^ go back to that McDonald's....... They're the only mcdonalds in the state that sells deep fried apple pies anymore. It's worth the drive from Fountain Valley.

Spoken by a true fatass.
villageidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #130
Burgi
laying low

Oddometer: 17
Hello from Montana! You didn't tell me it is forever raining up here
The side stand on your HD has been fixed to reduce the spring tension hasn't it? Doesn't look like the drop mucked it up to bad, just a little more character.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #131
sealsam OP
Sam...I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot View Post
^^^^ go back to that McDonald's....... They're the only mcdonalds in the state that sells deep fried apple pies anymore. It's worth the drive from Fountain Valley.

Spoken by a true fatass.
...and that's gunna be worth the drive from SB also. Thanks for tip!

Old 06-29-2014, 06:57 PM   #132
sealsam OP
Sam...I am.

Quote:
Hello from Montana! You didn't tell me it is forever raining up here
The side stand on your HD has been fixed to reduce the spring tension hasn't it? Doesn't look like the drop mucked it up to bad, just a little more character.
Hey Burgi,

Bummer on weather, very sorry to hear that. Where you guys at?, My b.i.l. in Bigfork did mention they've had more rain than usual, but getting nice this week he said, 90 degree nice, in fact. Hope you're headed that way.

Good tip on the spring tension, but after a quick search in the SYM forum, there may be issues on the side stands on the HD's. Bottom line is don't park downhill without a stop, me not too smart!

Hope the riding wx gets better for the two of you! Where do we find that RideReport??

Sam

Old 06-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #133
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,117
Isn't a member of ADV or three taking a trip through NV and UT soon?
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #134
sealsam OP
Sam...I am.

I did manage to get in a little KLX time this week in the mountains of Southern Utah. Got to meet up with a few ADV inmates, not our first time riding together, I sure have a great time with these folks.

On top of Brian Head Peak, just over 11k ft.
Me, Simbaboy, StG & RedRockRider

Looking over to Cedar Breaks.

Thanks everyone for checking in.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #135
sealsam OP
Sam...I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Isn't a member of ADV or three taking a trip through NV and UT soon?
Your quick brianwheelies!