ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Question s'what's the word on monday?

Anyone got monday off? Anyone riding monday? Anyone riding Reiter monday??

Green Hornet -> Naches run for the afternoon?
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #2
GSguy
Here's a quarter.
 
GSguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: In the Kings County
Oddometer: 3,139






















__________________
Team Drips, bring the rain.
GSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:02 PM   #3
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist
 
das Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Oddometer: 719
I'll check the family schedule. I might be able to ride Monday. Reiter sounds good and close, though it will be a 4x4 zoo on Labor Day. It won't effect the single track. Have you ever ridden from Reiter over to the top of the waterfalls in Wallace State Park? Deer Creek Flats also has some nice riding.

__________________
Riding a motorcycle is 90% mental, the other half is physical.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:07 PM   #4
toothy
Grin
 
toothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Freelard
Oddometer: 14,178
Wow, you can do that?

Quote:
Have you ever ridden from Reiter over to the top of the waterfalls in Wallace State Park?
I'd love to do that sometime, that's one of my family's favorite hikes- the kids started out in backpacks when we first did that.


I'm gonna be over in the Kitsap Peninsula at a buddy's cabin, but I'm sure to ride over. Have fun fellas!
__________________
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
(Eleanor Roosevelt)
toothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Breaking News..

apparently im not allowed out friday thru monday... Orders signed: "She Who Must Be Obeyed"











Maybe I can go to the Triumph dealer instead...


__________________


gentry screwed with this post 08-30-2005 at 09:47 PM
gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:15 AM   #6
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist
 
das Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
I'd love to do that sometime, that's one of my family's favorite hikes- the kids started out in backpacks when we first did that.


I'm gonna be over in the Kitsap Peninsula at a buddy's cabin, but I'm sure to ride over. Have fun fellas!
You bet'cha. It's a far better view of the upper falls than on the park's trail side. You ride right up to the top of the falls. It isn't a GS ride because you have to cross May Creek and one section of the trail runs along a narrow road on the edge of a shelf where dozens of trees have fallen across the trail. They aren't lying on the ground; rather they are lying at a 45 degree angle from the ground up onto the cliff above. It requires riding under the trunks, leaning the bike over, sometimes requiring getting off the bike to get it under the tree trunks. It's an adventure ride for sure, but a great trip with a special ending. I call it Wallace Falls "the hard way".
__________________
Riding a motorcycle is 90% mental, the other half is physical.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:21 AM   #7
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist
 
das Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Oddometer: 719
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
apparently im not allowed out friday thru monday... Orders signed: "She Who Must Be Obeyed"

Maybe I can go to the Triumph dealer instead...
Oh this is bad. I told Cori YOU were getting to go out and play Monday so I should get to go out and play too. What am I going to do now? Now she'll think if you can't play I shouldn't play either. Oh this is bad, really bad.

Want to sneak out and do a night ride?
__________________
Riding a motorcycle is 90% mental, the other half is physical.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:56 AM   #8
toothy
Grin
 
toothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Freelard
Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
You bet'cha. It's a far better view of the upper falls than on the park's trail side. You ride right up to the top of the falls. It isn't a GS ride because you have to cross May Creek and one section of the trail runs along a narrow road on the edge of a shelf where dozens of trees have fallen across the trail. They aren't lying on the ground; rather they are lying at a 45 degree angle from the ground up onto the cliff above. It requires riding under the trunks, leaning the bike over, sometimes requiring getting off the bike to get it under the tree trunks. It's an adventure ride for sure, but a great trip with a special ending. I call it Wallace Falls "the hard way".
N'kay, if I brought a rope maybe you could tow me on my mountain bike- water ski style.
__________________
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
(Eleanor Roosevelt)
toothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:40 AM   #9
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
Oh this is bad. I told Cori YOU were getting to go out and play Monday so I should get to go out and play too. What am I going to do now? Now she'll think if you can't play I shouldn't play either. Oh this is bad, really bad.

Want to sneak out and do a night ride?
I am up for some slab this weekend. Nice twisties somewhere.

No dirt for me.

ENjoy
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:09 AM   #10
GSguy
Here's a quarter.
 
GSguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: In the Kings County
Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh23
I am up for some slab this weekend. Nice twisties somewhere.

No dirt for me.

ENjoy
Stosh, I maybe up for a ride but I'm going down to Vancouver to look at a 2002 drz on saturday if that bike is still on the market and the guy can see eye to eye on the price of the bike.
__________________
Team Drips, bring the rain.
GSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:53 AM   #11
bluesurf
en dos ruedas
 
bluesurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Taxville
Oddometer: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
I'm going down to Vancouver to look at a 2002 drz on saturday if that bike is still on the market and the guy can see eye to eye on the price of the bike.
bluesurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:21 AM   #12
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert
 
Stosh23's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kirkland,WA
Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Stosh, I maybe up for a ride but I'm going down to Vancouver to look at a 2002 drz on saturday if that bike is still on the market and the guy can see eye to eye on the price of the bike.
Riding or Cagin?
__________________
He's Back ! Part 2

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:32 AM   #13
GSguy
Here's a quarter.
 
GSguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: In the Kings County
Oddometer: 3,139
Truckin, so I can load up if the bike looks good and the guy wants to take my offer. I already told him on the phone he is about 600 smokes too high on the price and he did not totaly shoot me down in flames. Also my guess is he is not getting a lot of calls on the bike because how he listed it the keywords are not set up right to get the hits on the ad. With all this said I'm hoping these factors are on my side. If you want to ride down your more than welcome.
__________________
Team Drips, bring the rain.
GSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:17 PM   #14
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
Oh this is bad. I told Cori YOU were getting to go out and play Monday so I should get to go out and play too. What am I going to do now? Now she'll think if you can't play I shouldn't play either. Oh this is bad, really bad.

Want to sneak out and do a night ride?

Hangon, I think I might have gotten a hall pass... I love that woman....

I may have to start at 12pm though but I dont mind riding late....
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:36 PM   #15
Road Rash
Infamous
 
Road Rash's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: The Original OC, in Oregon
Oddometer: 18,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Stosh, I maybe up for a ride but I'm going down to Vancouver to look at a 2002 drz on saturday if that bike is still on the market and the guy can see eye to eye on the price of the bike.
Hey GS guy, if ya buy the DRZ bring it on down to Hammond (with some of your stuffed shrooms) to try it out, I'll have my KLX there and Motoplaner is comming with his DRZ (I think) there will be a beer fest at the Boat Basin, stumbling distance
__________________
"A man can never have too many motorcycles, like any good craftsman you need the proper tool for the job at hand. A man needs more tools than a hammer, the same goes for bikes." ~Mr. Cob~

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014