ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2005, 06:01 PM   #76
GSguy
Here's a quarter.
 
GSguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: In the Kings County
Oddometer: 3,139
Wife time, whats that I think she will understand
__________________
Team Drips, bring the rain.
GSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 07:06 PM   #77
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Wife time, whats that I think she will understand

you comin' out with me lacey and tony on monday still?
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #78
GSguy
Here's a quarter.
 
GSguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: In the Kings County
Oddometer: 3,139
Naw, can't. My mum is coming over to visit.
__________________
Team Drips, bring the rain.
GSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:13 PM   #79
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Naw, can't. My mum is coming over to visit.
families....
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:21 PM   #80
GSguy
Here's a quarter.
 
GSguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: In the Kings County
Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
families....
I'm hoping to make up for lost time at Duvall 3 Take pictures the ride sounds like a lot of fun and I would love to be there if there was any way to shift it to Sunday, hummmmmm. Oh well. Sounds like JD and I will head toward the Great White North, well not that far but MT Baker and run a couple of fs roads and then come back.
__________________
Team Drips, bring the rain.
GSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:26 PM   #81
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
I'm hoping to make up for lost time at Duvall 3 Take pictures the ride sounds like a lot of fun and I would love to be there if there was any way to shift it to Sunday, hummmmmm. Oh well. Sounds like JD and I will head toward the Great White North, well not that far but MT Baker and run a couple of fs roads and then come back.

awesome, have a good ride. I hope the RV's etc arent too bad.

Cheers
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 02:34 PM   #82
Gregarious
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Gregarious's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 353
Leaving Issaquah Denny's @ 9am

Just FYI: I posted a last-minute ride for Labor Day (tomorrow) leaving from Denny's in Issaquah at 9am. See http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...s/message/1282

-Greg
__________________
F800GS, 250 XCF-W, WR250R
Gregarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:11 PM   #83
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
It looks like I'll be riding a can of Budwieser back and forth to my lips all day.



Thanks for the excellent day Toothy! Erin and I had a good time. She rode her first twisties, ran out of gas and rode in the rain for the first time...

good food too!


you got a good family
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:11 PM   #84
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg S
Just FYI: I posted a last-minute ride for Labor Day (tomorrow) leaving from Denny's in Issaquah at 9am. See http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...s/message/1282

-Greg

no way in hell im gettin' up early tomorrow...
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:53 AM   #85
GSguy
Here's a quarter.
 
GSguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: In the Kings County
Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Thanks for the excellent day Toothy! Erin and I had a good time. She rode her first twisties, ran out of gas and rode in the rain for the first time...

good food too!


you got a good family
JD and I were talking about heading that direction but we went toward the Great White North instead. Congrates on the twisties, riding in the rain and the ultamate bummer of runing out of gas there Erin
__________________
Team Drips, bring the rain.
GSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:16 AM   #86
toothy
Grin
 
toothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Freelard
Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Thanks for the excellent day Toothy! Erin and I had a good time. She rode her first twisties, ran out of gas and rode in the rain for the first time...

good food too!


you got a good family
She's a natural rider!

Thanks for coming over you guys.
__________________
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
(Eleanor Roosevelt)
toothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:21 PM   #87
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Thanks toothy!




Gotta go recover from today's ride... phew!
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #88
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist
 
das Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Oddometer: 719
The word for Monday was brutal.

I said I'd take it easy on the dual sports, but I lied. Well, not so much a lie as a lack of short term memory. I just can't remember how bad the trails are. I took Gentry and a16tony to Wallace Falls and the log bridge on May Creek. The only other vehicle to make it up there was a UNIMOG. I thought I'd level the playing field a little and ride the XR650 in case we wanted to jump on the pavement. Big mistake.

The good news was it was dryer than I had ever seen it out there. So dry there was no water visible in Wallace Falls from the highway, a first. May Creek was just a trickle.

The bad news was the rocks were growing like weeds. I feel bad about leading them up some very harsh terrain, but not as bad as I feel for being stomped by my XR650, several times. You know that old saying, being caught between a rock and a hard place; well the hard place is an XR650. It tried to break my leg twice today.

What hurt even more was being spanked by the Blue Sprite. Tony didn't go down once. Chad and I gave serious thought to knocking his bike over, just because we could. I'm having a crisis now, wondering if the DR200 isn't the ultimate off road machine. I mean come on; it's a 200, on skinny little dual sport tires. Why was it going everywhere like a mountain goat.

I drove off without my map or camera so I have no photos. Chad shot a few so we'll have to wait for his report. I did set my trip meter. We rode 15 miles in 4 hours and 20 minutes. We stopped to catch our breath (a lot), take a few dirt naps, smell the roses (figure of speech), and for Chad to trouble shoot client's networks. He took at least 4 calls from the top of the mountain, I kid you not. He was getting paid to ride.
__________________
Riding a motorcycle is 90% mental, the other half is physical.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:32 PM   #89
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
I said I'd take it easy on the dual sports, but I lied. Well, not so much a lie as a lack of short term memory. I just can't remember how bad the trails are. I took Gentry and a16tony to Wallace Falls and the log bridge on May Creek. The only other vehicle to make it up there was a UNIMOG. I thought I'd level the playing field a little and ride the XR650 in case we wanted to jump on the pavement. Big mistake.

The good news was it was dryer than I had ever seen it out there. So dry there was no water visible in Wallace Falls from the highway, a first. May Creek was just a trickle.

The bad news was the rocks were growing like weeds. I feel bad about leading them up some very harsh terrain, but not as bad as I feel for being stomped by my XR650, several times. You know that old saying, being caught between a rock and a hard place; well the hard place is an XR650. It tried to break my leg twice today.

What hurt even more was being spanked by the Blue Sprite. Tony didn't go down once. Chad and I gave serious thought to knocking his bike over, just because we could. I'm having a crisis now, wondering if the DR200 isn't the ultimate off road machine. I mean come on; it's a 200, on skinny little dual sport tires. Why was it going everywhere like a mountain goat.

I drove off without my map or camera so I have no photos. Chad shot a few so we'll have to wait for his report. I did set my trip meter. We rode 15 miles in 4 hours and 20 minutes. We stopped to catch our breath (a lot), take a few dirt naps, smell the roses (figure of speech), and for Chad to trouble shoot client's networks. He took at least 4 calls from the top of the mountain, I kid you not. He was getting paid to ride.


it hurts......

i think the truth of it is that you are somewhat nuts to hit some of the those trails on anything more than a 250. Rocks and clothes-line branches and trees do not make friendly terrain for tall thumpers. I swear I thought my throat got slit at one point. We were nuts.... Tony had the right ride. I can only imagine how ugly it would have been if you'd brought your other bike. I would have been done
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:51 PM   #90
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Here ya go


Pics arent so good. I was too busy trying not to snap limbs off n stuff....
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014