ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2014, 09:54 AM   #151
WACJ
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbedient View Post
that's the one see paragraphs 6 and 9 of FAQ. seems mileage will vary depending on which lap you do (or none)
WACJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #152
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by WACJ View Post
I intend to ride the duel-sport poker run (route-A) with (1) lap of the iron man poker run included. What is the total mileage for this excursion
The dual sport ride is a good time. You head out on the highway and at designated spots you head out onto private land and follow a marked trail through the desert. The trails they lay out provide a lot of variety. Some bits are fast, some a little technical. It takes you past Wilson Creek and then over to some public lands north of Odessa and then south of Odessa. There is a motocross track and a flat track to play on.

It's layed out so you can ride as much or as little as you want. If you enjoy a section do it twice. Skip a section if you want.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Sparrowhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:26 AM   #153
mx813
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
The dual sport ride is a good time. You head out on the highway and at designated spots you head out onto private land and follow a marked trail through the desert. The trails they lay out provide a lot of variety. Some bits are fast, some a little technical. It takes you past Wilson Creek and then over to some public lands north of Odessa and then south of Odessa. There is a motocross track and a flat track to play on.

It's layed out so you can ride as much or as little as you want. If you enjoy a section do it twice. Skip a section if you want.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Good summarization of the Dual sport loop...however....be sure to follow this years route chart/gps tracks. There are some changes that differ from last year.

I plan on riding it next year before the weekend of the race so I can see what you guys get to see.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:56 AM   #154
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx813 View Post
Good summarization of the Dual sport loop...however....be sure to follow this years route chart/gps tracks. There are some changes that differ from last year.
Where do we get the GPS tracks from?

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #155
mx813
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbedient View Post
Where do we get the GPS tracks from?
Our intent was to have it available on-line but that is not working out. Just getting the DS course on GPS with the help of Iain was a big leap in the right direction. Next year, we will try to get the tracks available on-line.

When you get your poker card, please bring your GPS unit to Touratech in camp or find the Dual Sport chair and they'll be able to load it up.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:55 PM   #156
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,447
Haven't used my GPS at all yet. I should figure that out this week.

Just got a new rear spring on the bike today. She has never been more ready to thrash in some dirt. So excited for my first D100
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #157
tobster9
Sky larker

Oddometer: 118
Wicked

Does anyone know how much extra gas I should pack for the race. Really hard to find out refuel details, I assume the Pitts are close to where people camp? At 50 mile laps I'm thinking I shd pack 2 litres, I'm on a yz250f stock gearing 13/48.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:28 PM   #158
redbastard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,122
two liters will be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobster9 View Post
Does anyone know how much extra gas I should pack for the race. Really hard to find out refuel details, I assume the Pitts are close to where people camp? At 50 mile laps I'm thinking I shd pack 2 litres, I'm on a yz250f stock gearing 13/48.

Any thoughts?

I ran my yz250f with a .8 gallon accessory tank last year with 13/49 gearing last year and was fine. Rather have too much than not enough. This year I upgraded to a bigger tank though.
redbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:23 PM   #159
mx813
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobster9 View Post

Any thoughts?
Gas is in pit row that is next to camp. That gear, short shifting and packing a couple of bottles of gas, you'll be fine. If you do use the extra gas, please pack out the bottle.

Mike
2014 D100 Chairman
Old 03-31-2014, 09:03 PM   #160
RX2RIDE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Our intent was to have it available on-line but that is not working out. Just getting the DS course on GPS with the help of Iain was a big leap in the right direction. Next year, we will try to get the tracks available on-line.

When you get your poker card, please bring your GPS unit to Touratech in camp or find the Dual Sport chair and they'll be able to load it up.
Sweet
RX2RIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #161
tobster9
Sky larker

Oddometer: 118
Sounds good thanks for the info. I'm guna take 2 with me just so I don't have to sweat it.
Don't worry about litter, never understood people throwing their garbage around, bad juju for sure!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:37 PM   #162
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
Quote:

I will have the necessary stuff to help load tracks at the PSSOR area in the DS camping area. Bring your unit and cord and we should be good to go.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:21 AM   #163
mx813
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
I will have the necessary stuff to help load tracks at the PSSOR area in the DS camping area. Bring your unit and cord and we should be good to go.
Awesome.

Need to put a name to a face for sure!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:39 AM   #164
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Awesome.

Need to put a name to a face for sure!!!
Ditto!

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:53 AM   #165
88NX250
Team USA

Oddometer: 723
Can I get a show of hands? Who has a 6" format roadbook holder and wants to ride the Dual Sport event like it is a rally? I am trying to get an idea of how many I should print!

(I know of at least 5 already)

88NX250 is offline   Reply With Quote