ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #166
4corners14
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
I'd love a set!

How will I find you on Friday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88NX250 View Post
Can I get a show of hands? Who has a 6" format roadbook holder and wants to ride the Dual Sport event like it is a rally? I am trying to get an idea of how many I should print!

(I know of at least 5 already)

4corners14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:17 AM   #167
88NX250
Team USA

Oddometer: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4corners14 View Post
How will I find you on Friday?
Come find me at the Touratech booth. Bring your dual sport poker run punch card, roadbook holder, and some tape!
88NX250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #168
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,035
MX813 -

I just wanted to give a shout out to one of your volunteers last year. There was a guy stationed at the top of the Fail-Arama (AKA the bottleneck) last year giving hundreds of riders a hand getting over the crux. I mean pushing, picking up fallen bikes, giving advice, and I even saw him carrying one girl's 14 incher over the top once it was clear it was the only way to get it there. From the level or organization evident at the event I'm sure that all your folks work hard but that guys efforts and endurance were epic. I don't think he probably even heard a thank you because once a rider was over the edge it was hard on the gas and git. He deserves some kind of medal!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #169
mx813
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
MX813 -

I just wanted to give a shout out to one of your volunteers last year. There was a guy stationed at the top of the Fail-Arama (AKA the bottleneck) last year giving hundreds of riders a hand getting over the crux. I mean pushing, picking up fallen bikes, giving advice, and I even saw him carrying one girl's 14 incher over the top once it was clear it was the only way to get it there. From the level or organization evident at the event I'm sure that all your folks work hard but that guys efforts and endurance were epic. I don't think he probably even heard a thank you because once a rider was over the edge it was hard on the gas and git. He deserves some kind of medal!
I will pass it along as I know who was there and spoke with him in length. He slept good that night.

Fail-A-Rama... I like it.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #170
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,497
Leaving in the AM for the east side. Trying to prepare my mind for all the awesomeness that involves my first D100. I think I know... But have no idea
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #171
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Fat Roach View Post
Leaving in the AM for the east side. Trying to prepare my mind for all the awesomeness that involves my first D100. I think I know... But have no idea
It may not start out so awesome for you since the gate does not open until Friday am.
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #172
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

The Odessa weather report looks near perfect. Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s at night, highs in the upper 50s to lower 60s. Maybe a little rain on Friday (less than a 10th inch) to keep the dust down. Could be breezy.

Not that it matters.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #173
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
It may not start out so awesome for you since the gate does not open until Friday am.

SO, I WILL SHARE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE, NEXT YEAR DO NOT SHOW UP EARLY...........PART OF THE EXPERIENCE IS THE LINE GETTING IN EARLY, NOT BEATING THE SYSTEM. CHOKING UP THE ROADS A DAY EARLY WILL LEAD TO THE EVENT BEING ALTERED. EARLY BIRDS FORCED AN EARLY OPENING AND WILL HAVE CAUSED THOSE WHO HAVE INTEGRITY TO GET A LESS THAN IDEAL SPOT. REALLY PISSES ME OFF TO SEE FOLKS SCAMMING THE SYSTEM...............
SJMC COULD HAVE KEPT THE GATES CLOSED, BUT DO TO A LONG DRIVE TO FIND A SUITABLE TURN AROUND FOR THE ASSORTED RIGS THEY CAVED AND OPENED THE GATES.

Flame off. Next year, be informed, do the right thing and wait.....
Old 04-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #174
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
Not a problem for me sir, I stayed in Chelan Thursday and I'm heading over in the next hour.

See you master Jedi's out there!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:49 PM   #175
HalfFastMoto
bRad

Oddometer: 1,161
it's hard to believe but the D100 just keeps getting bigger and better!
12 Christini 450 Rally Lite
13 Christini 300 E
HalfFastMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #176
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

The year of the rock! Thanks to the Stumpjumpers, the brewery, the fine folks of Odessa, and the generous land owners who share their dust, basalt, and sage brush. Great event.

I'm tired.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2014, 08:43 AM   #177
$kywalker
what's next?

Oddometer: 156
better and better.

WOW!!!
Had a blast, got a great camp spot. Ran the Ironman on Saturday and realized the dust and silt were the main obstacle.
So I prepped my yz250 with a new filter and skin, threw a new plug in my bag of tricks.
On Sunday I got into the start line early. I got to start on the far left, 10 bikes in and a few bikes away from Ricky Russell. My plan was to follow him to the finish... yeah right... at the bomb he was gone before I even got to my bike...

I rode with the wind trying to stay clear of the dust. And after a great start and passing riders at small bottle necks I was soon out in the clear. Ahead of the main pack it was smooth sailing.
Just after mile 42 my plug finally fouled. I had to stop and pull my seat to get the filter skin off. Put in a fresh plug and took off for the pit.
As I ripped into the pit I was feeling great except for blisters on my left hand.
Gas, clean goggles, sip of water and fresh gloves and I was back on the dusty trail.
The last lap went by quick. But, the last 8 miles were torture. Rocky and all the 50milers made it painful. Couldn't keep a good pace but finally crested the hill and saw the finish. Stepped into 5th gear on my new WR transmission and passed a few more before the finish gate. What a blast!!! Finish 21st in the over the hill class in just under 5hours.

Thanks a bunch stumpjumpers! Love every minute of it!

Luke
Bib#16
Bike#57

I gave the Adv salute to every Adv class rider I lapped... lol hope you guys all had a good time!
$kywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #178
Granparacer
Old but not dead

Oddometer: 231
Thanks to the Stumpies for laying out a killer dual sport course. We rode the "A" loop with NO dust or crowd. It was so much fun that we rode the first dirt section (part of the hare scrambles course) twice. Thanks also to Alex at Konflickt for the work on my 06 950s suspension, it made my day as the big pig sucked up the terrain and I was able to ride a pace that I would have ridden on my 450. It behaves like a race bike now!
Old 04-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #179
Luke
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,116
Wow.

Huge thanks to the Stumpjumpers! The course-layer-outers did a great job of keeping it challenging and interesting and bottleneck-free. It was a just plain fun course. The courseworkers were all great too. After six hours of riding with another hour to go, getting their encouragement really means a lot. That and the worker who held my bike up when I got back on it near the mile 35 checkpoint are really appreciated.

-Luke (the guy on the 4 cylinder bike)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #180
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Wow.

Huge thanks to the Stumpjumpers! The course-layer-outers did a great job of keeping it challenging and interesting and bottleneck-free. It was a just plain fun course. The courseworkers were all great too. After six hours of riding with another hour to go, getting their encouragement really means a lot. That and the worker who held my bike up when I got back on it near the mile 35 checkpoint are really appreciated.

-Luke (the guy on the 4 cylinder bike)
That was you on that old school Honda huh?!! You're a savage. Way to go om completing the course.