Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #61
timmie415
n00b poster but not rider

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMills View Post
I'd be interested in a pair of the Prodigy gloves on this group buy. If it can happen, do you have a link?
This poster seconds the above. That Prodigy is a slick looking glove! I would be needing a size large.

-tim
timmie415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:39 PM   #62
PhilMills
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Anybody home?

It's been about a week since I asked about the Prodigys and both a PM and a follow-up email to support@HVG have gone unanswered.

Did the rest of you FFs bankrupt these guys with the group buy before I could get in on the fun?

(Seriously, though - I'd love a set of Prodigys)
PhilMills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #63
winch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
It's been about a week since I asked about the Prodigys and both a PM and a follow-up email to support@HVG have gone unanswered.

Did the rest of you FFs bankrupt these guys with the group buy before I could get in on the fun?

Quality can't be rushed . He'll get back to you.
winch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #64
Vacman
Some call me...Tim?

Oddometer: 174
Not abnormal. See my repeated efforts to reach him earlier in this thread. Still don't have an ETA on shipping although they've had my money since 1-11-2014. Once in a while I'll get a PM from him (after sending several of my own) but then after I reply it goes dark again. Gloves might be awesome but the customer service, not so much.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #65
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacman View Post
Not abnormal. See my repeated efforts to reach him earlier in this thread. Still don't have an ETA on shipping although they've had my money since 1-11-2014. Once in a while I'll get a PM from him (after sending several of my own) but then after I reply it goes dark again. Gloves might be awesome but the customer service, not so much.
Looking over my PM's, did you not get this on 2-18?

"Hello,

It's going to be close. Looking for a shipping date within a week. I ususally get gloves via DHL which is pretty quick, 4-7 days including Customs clearance.

Do I have your name "on my list"???

Order name and address?"

I did not receive a response to my PM....

I was told the current order would be in hand Tomorrow, 2-27 via DHL. However, I wouldn't count on that. Customs clearance, etc...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #66
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:

My apologies, I'm the family mechanic and have had an interesting 4 weeks, to say the least.. See the Juggernaut group buy for more details, nothing exciting. Just transmission removals, shift fork's sent out for repair. A European auto shop, who decided it would be better to fix their blunder, rather than deal with the Department of Ecology on a recent vehicle I purchased for my nephew..

As for this group buy, gloves are on their way. However, I only have 3 customers waiting on gloves.

Prodigy gloves can be ordered but I cannot make it clear enough, making these gloves, in these quantities, is not quick and easy. It takes time. I place the order but, in the end, production time is 1000% out of my control...

I'm the little guy building gloves to a standard that will most likely disappear, now that the NEW CE mark for gloves has been diluted.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-26-2014, 11:14 PM   #67
Vacman
Some call me...Tim?

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
Looking over my PM's, did you not get this on 2-18?

"Hello,

It's going to be close. Looking for a shipping date within a week. I ususally get gloves via DHL which is pretty quick, 4-7 days including Customs clearance.

Order name and address?"

I did not receive a response to my PM....

I was told the current order would be in hand Tomorrow, 2-27 via DHL. However, I wouldn't count on that. Customs clearance, etc...
Not going to debate with you...I shouldn't have to...but I responded within 30 minutes of your PM.

Quote:
Re: Re: Re: Order info as requested
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacman
Eta? Going to Death Valley in 3 weeks. Would love to sport the new gloves.

Thanks

Hello,

Order name and address?
I have no idea if my name is on your list. I've sent you several PM's about it. My last name is Moore, zip code 92596 and I paid for them on 1-11 via PayPal.
This was after I screenshotted my payment via PayPal and gave you several other PMs earlier this month. Bottom line is, you have my money and I have to chase you for updates. Not a very smart way to get repeat business.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:28 AM   #68
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacman View Post
Not going to debate with you...I shouldn't have to...but I responded within 30 minutes of your PM.

This was after I screenshotted my payment via PayPal and gave you several other PMs earlier this month. Bottom line is, you have my money and I have to chase you for updates. Not a very smart way to get repeat business.
I understand your concerns and have refunded your payment. Thank You for trying.

Sincerely
JF
John Franklin

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #69
PhilMills
Adventurer

Quote:
My apologies, I'm the family mechanic and have had an interesting 4 weeks, to say the least..

Prodigy gloves can be ordered but I cannot make it clear enough, making these gloves, in these quantities, is not quick and easy. It takes time. I place the order but, in the end, production time is 1000% out of my control...

I'm the little guy building gloves to a standard that will most likely disappear, now that the NEW CE mark for gloves has been diluted.
That's cool - I get it. I didn't realize how small of an operation HVG was with as good-looking as the products are. Like others, I think I'm used to prompt responses from companies marketing on ADV (and everybody seems to get antsy on group buys anyway) so the delay was a little surprising.

Regardless, I'm still in the market for a pair of Prodigys as long as we're not talking 2+ months to see 'em. My driveway's going to defrost eventually, you know

What size would you recommend (having seen the new manufacturer's work for a bit now) to match a set of XL Fieldsheer?
Old 02-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #70
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
That's cool - I get it. I didn't realize how small of an operation HVG was with as good-looking as the products are. Like others, I think I'm used to prompt responses from companies marketing on ADV (and everybody seems to get antsy on group buys anyway) so the delay was a little surprising.

Regardless, I'm still in the market for a pair of Prodigys as long as we're not talking 2+ months to see 'em. My driveway's going to defrost eventually, you know

What size would you recommend (having seen the new manufacturer's work for a bit now) to match a set of XL Fieldsheer?
I suggest selecting your "average size", that is; whatever size you most commonly wear. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with other suppliers sizing charts.

I'm definitely not a known logo/manufacturer but I will put our gloves up against anything currently made when it comes to CE testing criteria. There's no rocket science here, the difference is making the product the #1 priority, not "businesss" or bottom line economics.. It's the mentality you have when you do something because you love it, not because you have to..

Not to many to update here, but I did receive a DHL tracking number last night for the incoming glove order. I'll post photos of the Prodigy when they come in..

Stay tuned...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #71
PhilMills
Adventurer

Alrighty, then.

How 'bout a link for the GB price for the Prodigy? I'll trust that it hasn't changed a lot since the photos on the website.

Quote:
I suggest selecting your "average size", that is; whatever size you most commonly wear. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with other suppliers sizing charts.
Stay tuned...
Old 02-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #72
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Alrighty, then.

How 'bout a link for the GB price for the Prodigy? I'll trust that it hasn't changed a lot since the photos on the website.
I'll post a link after I post photos of the current version. Most likely identical, I think I spec'd an all black (no tan palms) for the sample... We'll see..

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #73
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Prodigy

As discussed, Prodigy initial photos...

After seeing these, I think the Prodigy series will remain...

What say you?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 03-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #74
PhilMills
Adventurer

Quote:
As discussed, Prodigy initial photos...

After seeing these, I think the Prodigy series will remain...

What say you?
Pretty sharp. I liked original contrasting palms, myself, but please take my money anyway.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #75
ternus
El Gran Camino

Oddometer: 89
I'm also interested in a Prodigy pair (size M) if you end up doing a GB.
ternus is offline   Reply With Quote