ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #271
langstang96
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
I thought we were meeting Saturday in Troy and heading out then? I am getting to Troy (14-miles out) on Friday. Are we staying in Troy on Saturday, as well. If so, then maybe I will pay my share in one of the bunk houses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
langstang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #272
DirtyPatches
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by langstang96 View Post
I thought we were meeting Saturday in Troy and heading out then? I am getting to Troy (14-miles out) on Friday. Are we staying in Troy on Saturday, as well. If so, then maybe I will pay my share in one of the bunk houses.

This is for the Friday night before the start of the ride. It's a long ride for some just getting to troy so that's wh. Sorry to cause any confusion.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #273
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 1,076
The ride starts from Troy 9 am Saturday morning. KRoutfitters is south of Troy so plan accordingly.

My choice for Friday night is Yaak River Campground 8 miles west of Troy near where we turn north towards Yaak.
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:24 PM   #274
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
Not to scare anybody, but I'd say almost 2/3 of the Fish Creek sites are already reserved (at least in C-loop).
There are also rooms at Apgar Village and West Glacier near local restaurants

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #275
langstang96
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Right on. Count me in on one of those tent spaces for Saturday night, someone, please. I have not fully divulged the route and camp locations, yet. I am figuring out my Garmin Rhino 130 and how to download points, etc. and need to order the benchmark maps for Montana and Idaho for backup. Thanks again.

langstang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #276
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Oddometer: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by langstang96 View Post
Right on. Count me in on one of those tent spaces for Saturday night, someone, please. I have not fully divulged the route and camp locations, yet. I am figuring out my Garmin Rhino 130 and how to download points, etc. and need to order the benchmark maps for Montana and Idaho for backup. Thanks again.

Patches was quickest and has dibs on the one "official" second vehicle spot at my site at Fish Creek. Best to PM Wallowa to get dibs on his tent spot - or pop for the $23 to reserve a new one now and split it later

StoneAgeMan screwed with this post 03-16-2014 at 08:31 PM Reason: clarify 'it'
StoneAgeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #277
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,286
ooops..Taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
Patches was quickest and has dibs on the one "official" second vehicle spot at my site at Fish Creek. Best to PM Wallowa to get dibs on his tent spot - or pop for the $23 to reserve a new one now and split it later

Olyrider asked almost immediately to share my reserved campsite at Fish Creek...sorry.

Phil
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #278
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,313
I'm aiming to stay at the Yaak River campground.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #279
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,286
Oh Yes...

Kinda lost a cabin spot in Troy and have asked Robert for a tent site; but if anyone wants to share space in a cabin I am game...

If not, a tent site is cool..

Phil
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #280
DirtyPatches
Gnarly Adventurer

Planning ahead?

Seems to be a good idea to start reserving camp sites seeing as it will be tourist season and a logical step in planning.
So lets get the ball rolling I suppose... Anyone got a spot reserved for sunday 7/27 at Cave MTN ?
Sorry again to those who didnt get in on the bunkhouse, and thanks for letting me share that with ya StoneAge!
Old 03-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #281
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPatches View Post
Seems to be a good idea to start reserving camp sites seeing as it will be tourist season and a logical step in planning.
So lets get the ball rolling I suppose... Anyone got a spot reserved for sunday 7/27 at Cave MTN ?
Sorry again to those who didnt get in on the bunkhouse, and thanks for letting me share that with ya StoneAge!
I think Cave Gulch is first come first serve only, no reservations (location). Doubt space would be a problem there anyway. Out of the way, not on the tourist trails and a Monday. If needed, plenty of space for primitive camping and there is another CG up the road a ways.

The USFS link does say you can reserve through the local USFS office. 50 person limit.

The only other CG that might be a problem is Grasshopper, but again we hit it during the week.
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #282
arbrlvr
Santa Rosa, CA

Oddometer: 81
My son Chris and I would love to to this again since last year we had a head gasket fail and subsequent DNF. It was great fun anyway. Seems like the camping might get a bit hectic judging from the posts. Any chance on winging it. We can be very primitive when we need to be as long as we don't end up in custody or shot:).
arbrlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:14 PM   #283
Robert_W
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
OK...guys...I'm getting PM's from many so lets set this straight so every one can plan.

We have 2 cabins left on 7/25. There seems to be a bit of confusion about space, camp sites etc.

The two cabins will sleep 4 adults comfy and up to 6 if you like each other. There is still one or possibly two beds left in the bunk house. If enough come I've been thinking of adding another bed for a while.

Outside these cabins are large grassy wooded areas that sit stream side with fire pits, gas grills, lawn furniture, high peaks beauty etc etc. We sit on 700 acres surrounded by wilderness. You've got stream, lake, etc out your front door

We routinely do reunions / parties of 20 - 40 people where some will rent cabins and inside beds and some rv / camp. There's LOTS of space and solitude here. But the bottom line is I can't put campers and rv'ers next to "different" people. They all have to belong to the same group or family.

So if a few of you want to get together and pay $170 per cabin split as many ways as you want up to 6 and then the rest want to camp. Cool. We can do that.

It would make for an excellent way to start off your adventure in an awesome setting. Get together. Have a BBQ. What ever. I'm happy to have every one.

But I understand if this is a remote basic camping gig too. If so you folks are really going to want to utilize the Yak River CG.

Seriously...Look at our site. There's tons of info there. I'm up here year round. If we can help give us a shout. Hell...$170 split 4 or 5 ways for a cabin is less than a tank of gas. Just sayin' :)

Bottom line is if you want a great place to start the ride off come by a day or two early. Rent a cabin. Relax. Go for a ride. Maybe fish a little. And enjoy Montana!

Safe ride no matter folks. Contact me if I can help.

Robert
www.kroutfitters.com
Robert_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #284
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbrlvr View Post
My son Chris and I would love to to this again since last year we had a head gasket fail and subsequent DNF. It was great fun anyway. Seems like the camping might get a bit hectic judging from the posts. Any chance on winging it. We can be very primitive when we need to be as long as we don't end up in custody or shot:).
The spirit of this event is to be more of an adventure ride. I, for one, am planning to 'wing it' as that's part of the adventure for me.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:36 PM   #285
DirtyPatches
Gnarly Adventurer

Cabin split in troy

..... There is still one or possibly two beds left in the bunk house. If enough come I've been thinking of adding another bed for a while.

So if this is the case and not 2 as I was told, i will PM people back in order of those who replied.

Whats the max on it, within reason, Robert?