ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #406
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton(kel) View Post
Looks like a good ride in great country. Got room for an old guy from Colorado? If so count me IN
Added you to the list.

Be sure to take care of your lodging/camping arrangements for the night before the start in Troy as well as the first night in Glacier as described in the planning blog link.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #407
norton(kel)
vintage

Oddometer: 921
Thanks, It's on the calendar.
norton(kel) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #408
4r22mny
Old n' Slow

Oddometer: 291
Me????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
Just for the record I have A15 at Fish Creek. There is room for a couple more.
What the hell, if I'm going to ride over there with you guys I might as well camp too. --- If it's OK?

I'm assuming this is for the Saturday night in the park - right? I'm trying to keep up with things anyway.

4r

05 1200 GS
04 1300 FJR
06 XR650R
4r22mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #409
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer: 461
Wansfel,

I thank you for your assistance, Good Sir. My wife told me to plan on going, and so who am I to try and argue with the Celtic Warrior Princess?

You are the man...

I am bringing support supplies for the Husaberg, to try and keep all Brad's bikes running. Also, will have extra leg and ankle splinting materials at hand.

Just sayin'...

Brad, HOW COPY?

Stovey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansfel View Post
Just for the record, Ulybrad and Stovebolt are reserved for Fish Ck site A22.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-jankowsky/86/31/b04
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #410
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer: 461
Team Hibache Lives!

Hiya Jonz...

Rally on,

Stovey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonz View Post
I'll be coming from West Yellowstone if that's any help.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-jankowsky/86/31/b04
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #411
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt View Post
Wansfel,
......I am bringing support supplies for the Husaberg, to try and keep all Brad's bikes running. Also, will have extra leg and ankle splinting materials at hand.

Just sayin'...

Brad, HOW COPY?
Stovey
And I will be carrying my "autographed" collapsible hiking stick/crutch. Sorry, the spare KLR is spoken for.

Ron
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #412
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4r22mny View Post
What the hell, if I'm going to ride over there with you guys I might as well camp too. --- If it's OK?

I'm assuming this is for the Saturday night in the park - right? I'm trying to keep up with things anyway.

4r
It is for Sat. night in the park. I need to make sure that we can have more than 2 vehicles. I believe they have that rule for cars because of room. I've leaving on vacation in the morning. I'll be gone for a couple of weeks, but I'll try and check while I am gone. I'll post when I know for sure.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:17 AM   #413
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,771
Quote:
It is for Sat. night in the park. I need to make sure that we can have more than 2 vehicles. I believe they have that rule for cars because of room. I've leaving on vacation in the morning. I'll be gone for a couple of weeks, but I'll try and check while I am gone. I'll post when I know for sure.
Stick the extra bikes in the trees

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #414
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

I think hiding the bikes is the best idea. I have tried contacting the park and campground. Everything is either through the website or automated phone. I can find no place to ask the question on line and the reservations are done by a contractor, who doesn't know anything except making reservations.

I don't think there is a problem with more than 2 motorcycles. We can move them around if we have to so they don't know which bikes go with the campground and who is visiting. Maybe put a camo cover and limbs on them. Park one in a tent. Hook 2 together so they become one.

As long as they are all in the parking space and we don't cause problems they probably won't do anything. The people that check are just temps. and aren't going to kick us out.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:04 AM   #415
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,177
Hmmmmm.

Quote:
I think hiding the bikes is the best idea. I have tried contacting the park and campground. Everything is either through the website or automated phone. I can find no place to ask the question on line and the reservations are done by a contractor, who doesn't know anything except making reservations.

I don't think there is a problem with more than 2 motorcycles. We can move them around if we have to so they don't know which bikes go with the campground and who is visiting. Maybe put a camo cover and limbs on them. Park one in a tent. Hook 2 together so they become one.

As long as they are all in the parking space and we don't cause problems they probably won't do anything. The people that check are just temps. and aren't going to kick us out.

Not certain how tight the NP folks will be on this..you know the old "a rule is rule"...

Hide the bikes? Where? Off the parking areas and you can get into big trouble in CGs...

But then again my GSA normally lays on its' side anyway for the periodic naps it takes on my rides
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #416
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

A lot of it is the guy that checks on you. Some are really nice and helpful and others have an ego problem and will hassel you if they don't like the way you sit at the picknick table.

If they say something we could say one of the guys on a bike is just visiting and the people with the extra tents are out visiting. Just play the shell game with them.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:16 PM   #417
DoubleThumper
Purposefully Lost

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
A lot of it is the guy that checks on you. Some are really nice and helpful and others have an ego problem and will hassel you if they don't like the way you sit at the picknick table.

If they say something we could say one of the guys on a bike is just visiting and the people with the extra tents are out visiting. Just play the shell game with them.
Absolutely!!!

Sent from my MIND using TELEKINESIS
DoubleThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #418
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,540
http://www.bitterrootevents.net/

Old 04-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #419
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,177
OK I Will Bite..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Ah, what am I missing here?
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #420
DirtyPatches
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:

Semantics and using their hoops against them works well if there's no options left. I've learned its better to just be honest and rational with camp ground hosts and they're usually great. Some do have an ego issue so just have to take the sugar over vinegar strategy. If they catch you trying to hide bikes it gives them full liberty to be dicks. I like the tying them together idea! Hoping it won't have to come to that. It isnt like were a rowdy biker gang smuggling drugs and hassling shop keeps

Best to try and call ahead about it, get something in writing. Its a division of the government so they like to pass the buck just as much, tell you everything's fine just to get off the phone and all you have is "well they said on the phone it was ok" instead of "look at this cg host"

DirtyPatches is offline   Reply With Quote