ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #556
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansfel View Post
HE'S BACK!

We'll have to discuss this fishing thing.
Yes, please!

After 40 days and over 4,000 miles riding in Germany, France, Monaco, Spain, and Portugal, it's time to prepare for the 2014 BOM1000. It'll take me a few days to unpack and unwind and play with the grandkids, but I'm eager to head for MT. BTW, at the Horizons Unlimited gathering in Germany, I showed a presentation on the 2012 MT1000. It was very well received as they don't have the offpavement riding that we do.

Tim
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #557
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,628
I didn't realize I posted this earlier in the 2013 thread. I just clicked on a link.

I loaded the routes and tracks to Basecamp. Everything looks good in BC, but some of the routes have problems in my 62S gps. On day 1 AM, the route jumps back and forth in a straight line between highways. It does that in a couple of others also. One of the last days just shows a straight line from start to finish, like it wasn't set for lock on road. All of the tracks seem fine.

Anyone have any ideas?
sorebutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #558
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
I didn't realize I posted this earlier in the 2013 thread. I just clicked on a link.

I loaded the routes and tracks to Basecamp. Everything looks good in BC, but some of the routes have problems in my 62S gps. On day 1 AM, the route jumps back and forth in a straight line between highways. It does that in a couple of others also. One of the last days just shows a straight line from start to finish, like it wasn't set for lock on road. All of the tracks seem fine.

Anyone have any ideas?
I'll look into it in a few days when I download the files into my Montana and 60Csx.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #559
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,628
I just made reservations at the Elkhorn. They have a group rate for 8 or more. It is $28 for a single room, breakfast, and free use of the hot springs. I told her that we would probably have no problem getting 8 people to stay.

I talked to Heather and just tell her that you are with the motorcycle group and if we get 8 we get the rate.
sorebutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #560
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 991
Quote:

Anyone have any ideas?
So I've read and found this myself, while your GPS is connected to the computer and in BaseCamp select the routes on your GPS and "recalculate" making sure you are using the same map in the GPS and in BaseCamp. I have had to do this on my new 62stc.

Ron
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #561
MTlost
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
It looks like my son and I will be able to connect with the group in Troy for Saturday and Sunday, we have to be back at work on Monday.
Please remind me where the meeting place in Troy is and let me know about places to camp on Saturday.

MTlost
MTlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #562
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTlost View Post
It looks like my son and I will be able to connect with the group in Troy for Saturday and Sunday, we have to be back at work on Monday.
Please remind me where the meeting place in Troy is and let me know about places to camp on Saturday.

MTlost
Clark60 reserved C104 and decided to "camp" at a friends nearby cabin, so it looks like C104 is open (fish Ck CG).

Inpost 273 "The ride starts from Troy 9 am Saturday morning. "

For those staying at KRoutfitters is south of Troy, plan accordingly.

I'm staying Friday night at the Yaak River Campground 8 miles west of Troy near where we turn north towards Yaak. "

I see a Stein's Market in Troy which would be a likely specific meet place.

Ron
Old 07-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #563
MTlost
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
We will be coming up from Missoula on friday afternoon. My Mother grew up in Troy so I will have to go clean her folks headstones. Do I need to contact the Fish Creek campground to reserve the space? We are pretty self contained so we will survive a wild forest camp if need be.

I have never been involved with a group ride so this will be a new experience for me.
Thank you for your help!!

MTlost
Silver / blue 06 Vstrom, red 03 KLR, grey First Gear suits
MTlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #564
406Blues
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
So I've read and found this myself, while your GPS is connected to the computer and in BaseCamp select the routes on your GPS and "recalculate" making sure you are using the same map in the GPS and in BaseCamp. I have had to do this on my new 62stc.

Ron

I have a Garmin 62st same as you without the camera, and am using Garmin Mapsource will try your fix and see how it goes. The map seems ok in mapsource, havent checked the entire map on my 62st yet, but did download it allready to my device.
406Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #565
406Blues
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
I just made reservations at the Elkhorn. They have a group rate for 8 or more. It is $28 for a single room, breakfast, and free use of the hot springs. I told her that we would probably have no problem getting 8 people to stay.

I talked to Heather and just tell her that you are with the motorcycle group and if we get 8 we get the rate.

What day?
406Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #566
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406Blues View Post
What day?
Check post #552 Tuesday 29th
Old 07-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #567
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTlost View Post
...................Do I need to contact the Fish Creek campground to reserve the space? We are pretty self contained so we will survive a wild forest camp if need be..............

MTlost
Silver / blue 06 Vstrom, red 03 KLR, grey First Gear suits
There is a note in the Blog about camping in/near GNP including links to the reservation site. Might be hard to hit a viable wild forest camp in the vicinity of West Glacier/Apgar. Lotta restrictions. Either Fish Ck or Apgar CG will work.

Using these camp grounds rather than further out to assure a very early start before the tourists hit the Going-to-the-Sun Road.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #568
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Oddometer: 703
Fisk Creek site available...

Quote:
There is a note in the Blog about camping in/near GNP including links to the reservation site. Might be hard to hit a viable wild forest camp in the vicinity of West Glacier/Apgar. Lotta restrictions. Either Fish Ck or Apgar CG will work.

Using these camp grounds rather than further out to assure a very early start before the tourists hit the Going-to-the-Sun Road.
My Fish Creek site, reserved and paid for, is available. The cancellation charge is half the cost of the cost, so I'm not going to cancel it yet.

Let me know (via PM is best) if anybody wants this site. Two folks could split it, the cost is $23, that would be $11.50 each :-).

StoneAge Man
StoneAgeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #569
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

The Way-Back Machine MT1000 2011

video from 2011
Old 07-11-2014, 03:03 AM   #570
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,543
My Fish Creek reservation is available too. I kept hoping I would at least be able to go to Troy and Fish Creek but it's not going to happen. If someone wants it let me know and it's yours.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote