ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2014, 09:04 AM   #781
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,301
We're at Yaak headed off pavement.

Tim in Burien, WA
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:22 AM   #782
resqdoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Got in to Libby late last night, early this morning.

Leaving when I finish breakfast. See you at camp tonight. Fish Camp A34
Old 07-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #783
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,365
we are in Eureka right now having lunch awesome day of riding. Rhon done us good.
IdahoRenegade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:12 PM   #784
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,771
Made it to Great Northern Brwwing for a IPA and a bit of food before heading to camp

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:17 PM   #785
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 1,043
Pictuire Thread

Timmer started a mews thread for pictures and ride reports:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997064
The link I also listed in the Blog.

Ron

PS. Anyone have a spare KLR sprocket nut near Columbia Falls???? Got a hack with a lost nut.
Wansfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:28 PM   #786
zzo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Made it to Augusta

I rode up to Cave Mtn CG on Sunday evening. On the pavement heading west from US287 I found the sheriff directing traffic around a motorcycle/deer collision. The rider was from Missoula I was told and left the scene in an ambulance. If anyone knows more, please post the info.
I pitched the tent in the dark with the assistance of Timmer and Ron. I compensated them with Bud Light. Monday was a great day of riding and we stopped in Augusta for lunch. Unfortunately the noise I heard all morning was not a loose chain; one of my rear bearings had disintegrated and it was not something we could fix on the patio of the bar/restaurant. But, thanks to all who tried. My wife came and got me and the bike, so my MT1000 adventure was short this year. Thanks also to Cheapryder for hooking up the trailer for my wife's rescue mission. Brad from Texas tore out his rear hub and was also stranded in Augusta. Wansfel's wife rescued him. He planned to buy another KTM in Hamilton and catch up with the group. Pat aka zzo
Old 07-30-2014, 03:45 AM   #787
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,601
Thanks for the update, I was wondering how things were going. It's too bad your ride ended early.

Hope the down rider is OK whoever he is. Sad someone out there was in an accident but glad it wasn't someone from this group.

Nice to know Brad has a fix for his broken bike and will rejoin the group. Those Texans are always prepared.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #788
Bindlestiff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzo View Post
I rode up to Cave Mtn CG on Sunday evening. On the pavement heading west from US287 I found the sheriff directing traffic around a motorcycle/deer collision. The rider was from Missoula I was told and left the scene in an ambulance. If anyone knows more, please post the info.
Er... so yeah my first attempt at an ADV event didn't go too well! I've got a broken arm and my KLR is missing a whole lot o' plastic, but I wasn't going very fast and had all the gear so I'm otherwise fine. I'll have to try to catch you guys next season!
Old 07-30-2014, 06:48 PM   #789
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindlestiff View Post
Er... so yeah my first attempt at an ADV event didn't go too well! I've got a broken arm and my KLR is missing a whole lot o' plastic, but I wasn't going very fast and had all the gear so I'm otherwise fine. I'll have to try to catch you guys next season!

Glad you came out relatively OK. Sucks to have your adventure redirected in that way. I fell off on the thrid day of my first adv ride.

Saw the police picking up a Harley just out of Orofino on Satuday , hope he was one of the few with gear on.

Get well soon
Old 07-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #790
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindlestiff View Post
Darn, sorry you ended up with a broken arm and the KLR is missing plastic. Heal quickly.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #791
Bindlestiff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post
Glad you came out relatively OK. Sucks to have your adventure redirected in that way. I fell off on the thrid day of my first adv ride.

Saw the police picking up a Harley just out of Orofino on Satuday , hope he was one of the few with gear on.

Get well soon
Thanks. Yeah, right now the bike is sitting in a wrecking yard in Choteau, but the dude that runs it says that as Sturgis time approaches there's usually a pretty good stream of wrecked hogs so it can probably piggyback with one of those back to Missoula. Not totally sure if he was joking or not...

In the "other than that Mrs. Lincoln..." department, I did have a pretty glorious previous couple of days riding dirt tracks along the Missouri through the CMR refuge and Upper Missouri Breaks NM. Definitely some good riding through there!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:08 PM   #792
jonz
Miles are my mantra

Oddometer: 2,171
I'm back home in West Yellowstone after 5 fun days on the BOM. Great times. Photos to follow after I get my stinky camp/ride clothes washed.
Honda ST1300 ABS (newest addition to the stable)
STOC #326 IBA #217
jonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #793
Migrant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Double Thumbs Up

To Ron and Timmer for a great route and being excellent guides, to all the riders of the BOM 2014, to the fantastic scenery, and to the rain in LaGrande that washed off 25% of the dust I'm wearing home.
Migrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #794
Migrant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Home now

That was a good run from Challis to home - 775 miles and 18 hours - split it between two days of 11 and 7 hours. Idaho 21 was fun! But I didn't have time to get to Wallowa this time.
Migrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:35 AM   #795
sasho
Dual Personality

Oddometer: 527
I made it home last night after the soak at Bergdorf Hot Springs

I had an awesome week, and enjoyed riding through Montana and Idaho and meeting new friends.

I'll have my pictures uploaded soon.
sasho is online now   Reply With Quote