ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #76
]I)Money
D NOT I
 
]I)Money's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Central central.
Oddometer: 3,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
....how many teams from the SEC will complete for the new championship?



One site has six contenders. Linky


Alabama, Biggest question: Who will replace QB AJ McCarron?
Auburn, How much will Nick Marshall’s passing game evolve?
Georgia, How much will the defense improve under Todd Grantham?
Missouri, Who will replace Kony Ealy and Michael Sam’s production?
South Carolina, What’s a bigger concern: replacing Shaw or replacing three defensive linemen, including Clowney and Quarles?
LSU, How/who will LSU replace production from Mettenberger, Landry and Beckham?

The Aggies aren't mentioned except as being on certain teams' schedule.
Markus Golden and Shane Ray. Golden didn't play the snaps that Sam or Ealy did, but his projected numbers would have him right there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax
Yes, but everything you've ever posted in the basement indicates that you're certifiably crazy, so you don't count.

"Another road remains, but it provides no more. It can only take us away"
]I)Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #77
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile Tears View Post


And quietly in Big Ten country, this lurks.

Offense greatly improved over the course of the season, returning 8 of 11 starters, possibly 9 if Fowler appeals for eligibility. Number 1 defense in the land, losing some starters but much of the backups have proven to be quite serviceable when they have had their spot. Retains Mark Dantonio with a healthy raise and the entire coaching staff, including Narduzzi, who was being looked at for HC positions elsewhere.

Don't sleep on Sparty
You don't get it, they can't be good because they aren't in the SEC, geez, you people!
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #78
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,481
Since Texas is going to need a couple of recruiting years to get their groove back......
this is what they will be doing at Texas Memorial next year to maintain their fanbase.

__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #79
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 3,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
You don't get it, they can't be good because they aren't in the SEC, geez, you people!
Well, that is what you say happened to Missouri & aTm
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #80
k7
Ancien cyclist
 
k7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: SOP - south of Phoenix, hotter n hell
Oddometer: 18,250




__________________
Cheers,
Gerry
PHX AZ
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #81
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 3,999
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #82
rwahl
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Oddometer: 76
How does this guy keep getting high profile jobs?
rwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #83
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 72,178
Almost makes me want to root for 'Bama. Whatever you think of Saban, you have to concede he knows football. If he thinks Kiffin has substance, then perhaps he does!
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:13 AM   #84
bergermeister
housin'
 
bergermeister's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: oc, ca
Oddometer: 1,895
Daddy's boy does it again. Amazing. I'm sure Bama fans are thrilled.

The more I see of Saban lately, the less impressed I am. From his stupid calls at the end of the Auburn game, to this …
bergermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #85
inline4
Studly Adventurer
 
inline4's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Ozone
Oddometer: 910
Thumbs down noooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
You don't get it, they can't be good because they aren't in the SEC, geez, you people!


....they are in the Big 10.
__________________
$$ The Givers should set the limits,
the Takers never will. $$
inline4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #86
bergermeister
housin'
 
bergermeister's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: oc, ca
Oddometer: 1,895
On the plus side, more Kiffin memes!


Alabama's new offense:

bergermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #87
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile Tears View Post


And quietly in Big Ten country, this lurks.

Offense greatly improved over the course of the season, returning 8 of 11 starters, possibly 9 if Fowler appeals for eligibility. Number 1 defense in the land, losing some starters but much of the backups have proven to be quite serviceable when they have had their spot. Retains Mark Dantonio with a healthy raise and the entire coaching staff, including Narduzzi, who was being looked at for HC positions elsewhere.

Don't sleep on Sparty
It'll be fun watching them give Urban a reason to quit because of health reasons.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #88
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:33 AM   #89
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwahl View Post
How does this guy keep getting high profile jobs?
His dad is all I can think.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #90
wizz
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: over yonder on the north coast of ca
Oddometer: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Almost makes me want to root for 'Bama. Whatever you think of Saban, you have to concede he knows football. If he thinks Kiffin has substance, then perhaps he does!
All I can say as a Bama fan is... GATDAMNIT! I cant stand Kiffin. But, it didnt bother me to see Nussmeier go, and Kiffin may be a terrible head coach, but he had some good years on offense for Carroll. I dont see the offense being any worse than with Nussmeier. But still.... GATDAMNIT!
__________________
"These things are like intellectual viruses loose in the theater of discourse, and you can’t really argue with these people, because they don’t understand the rules of argument," Terence Mckenna
"An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far"WSP
2006DucatiMultistrada620, 2013 KTM 350 exc-f
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014