ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
surferdude OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Lost Pannier on the Lolo Motorway

A friend and I were riding the Lolo Motorway from Missoula to Kooskia and he lost his Right Pannier off of his Super Tenere. It is a black Jesse Hard bag and it was loaded with his camping gear. He rode about 80-100 miles before realizing it had fallen off from an earlier crash. We backtracked most of the trail looking for it but could not find it. It was lost last Friday 9/12 and we looked for it first thing Saturday and talked to everyone we saw on the trail to no avail. I know it is like finding a needle in a haystack and is probably sitting on a hillside somewhere but in the off chance a fellow ADVRider happened to come across it and packed it out he would love to have it back. His handle on ADVRider is Kenaroo and is on a ride from Austin to Canada and is now on his way back home via the TAT.
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
doggitter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,660
If you have an idea what section he lost it on post up the most likely area to find it.

Loren, somewhere on a DR350SE
doggitter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:59 PM   #3
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,954
Heading West and right hand pannier so very likely off the north side. Lots of country but it will stick out a lot more after the leaves drop.

If I get out there one of my guesses would be within a few yards of the rock garden pictured below. Strap from a Giant Loop bag I found there a couple years ago.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #4
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,012
when my right rear bag got an intimate introduction to the turning wheel,, it went,,WAAAYY ! over the bank,, Somewhere in the wilds of Idaho,,
That other time that my tool kit came off on Nelson creek road in BC, it just landed in the middle of the road,

,, a couple in a Subaru had just stopped to check it out as I arrived to ree-treev it!,,

Sector laffed at me! "You just rode an extra 6 miles down and back because of a loose strap!",,,,,she was right,,Ima dumbass!
Hey!,,sometimes gear falls off,,don't ask her about the full box of beer that launched in the middle of,,,, HEY!,, I said DON"T ask her,, or that fugger Wibby,(tho he would swear that he saw nuthin,, if I ask him to,),,
,,what?
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #5
Phoenix101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 681
post on the Palouse Riders thread... a lot of us ride that area frequently

Phoenix101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:55 PM   #6
surferdude OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
It was my first ride in the area so I will try and describe where it was lost. On Saturday we rode up 12 from Kooskia about 10 miles and headed off on a forest service road that connected us with the Lolo Motorway. I think we turned off of 12 at 101 (Smith Creek Rd) heading away from Kooskia when we were backtracking. From there we rode back 90 miles and came out to 12 on Saddle Camp Rd (where they were just getting the bridge finished). I know it is a long shot but if any of you Idaho ADV'ers find it at some point I know my buddy will be one happy camper. And you have some beautiful country and great trails/roads. Definitely will make it back there at some point. Thanks for the help!
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:46 PM   #7
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post
Heading West and right hand pannier so very likely off the north side. Lots of country but it will stick out a lot more after the leaves drop.

If I get out there one of my guesses would be within a few yards of the rock garden pictured below. Strap from a Giant Loop bag I found there a couple years ago.

That's my strap....
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #8
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 1,006
Have faith. Lost a pannier north of the Motorway in August and lo and behold, it came home by a long circuitous route (via Seattle) based on posts in this forum.
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote