Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,646
Schuberth C3 helmet questions

Bought a Shoei Neotec!!!
I can buy a new, in the box, unworn, C3, white, XL that was born on 11/2010 & bought new/invoiced on 11/2011 for $400 delivered. Schuberth only covers them for so many years and no mention of 2nd owner of new helmet mentioned on their website. I can buy a new C3 World white from Revzilla for $529 new & assume it comes fresher & with all the warranties,etc., in place.
Is there a better deal out there?
I've searched vendors-no helmet deals on there!
Has there been any improvement or change in the C3 since 2010?
FWIW-I've read the Schuberth 5-7 year life statement.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85

kantuckid screwed with this post 01-16-2014 at 11:56 AM
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
The improvement is the C3 Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
mwhite5471
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Got the C3 Pro last month its nice, very quiet but still has some noise but much less than my Arai RX7.

The XL is bigger externally than expected and has some forehead pressure that takes getting use too.

All in all its a good upgrade...real easy to take on and off...the sun visor is brilliant would never own another helmet without one.

For $129 extra I'd get the new one you can register in their world program and get a 1/3 cost replacement if its damaged FWIW.
mwhite5471 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:42 PM   #4
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_lee_visceral View Post
the improvement is the c3 pro

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite5471 View Post
got the c3 pro last month its nice, very quiet but still has some noise but much less than my arai rx7.

The xl is bigger externally than expected and has some forehead pressure that takes getting use too.

All in all its a good upgrade...real easy to take on and off...the sun visor is brilliant would never own another helmet without one.

For $129 extra i'd get the new one you can register in their world program and get a 1/3 cost replacement if its damaged fwiw.
+2

c3 pro
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:22 AM   #5
KoolBreeze
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
I can buy a new, in the box, unworn, C3, white for $400 delivered. I can buy a new C3 World white from Revzilla for $529 (bla warrantee bla)

Is there a better deal out there? I've searched vendors-no helmet deals on there!

Has there been any improvement or change in the C3 since 2010?
so you're thinking of paying $129 for the world graphics? its not bad in comparison to a custom job if a plain color isn't your thing. (btw there are new graphics for the C3 PRO line this spring. one similar to world... except only US. kinda weak imho as I would MUCH prefer to have the world graphic but supposedly that's not going to happen. lame)

idk... google is your friend. seen some places in Europe that sell for less and ship to us. fat chance if you gaf about quibbling warrantee bs though. Schuberth is one of "those companies" that don't typically allow competitive pricing through authorized resale. just the way tis. not the first premium brand to roll like this.

seems when helmet "improve" they change the model designation. in this case... see previous posts. it's now the C3 "pro". (pro being of course a silly nomenclature for a simple model improvement. what will the next lever be? C3 "super pro"... then perhaps C3 "super duper pro"? before they finally just go for C4)
KoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:37 AM   #6
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
so you're thinking of paying $129 for the world graphics? its not bad in comparison to a custom job if a plain color isn't your thing. (btw there are new graphics for the C3 PRO line this spring. one similar to world... except only US. kinda weak imho as I would MUCH prefer to have the world graphic but supposedly that's not going to happen. lame)

idk... google is your friend. seen some places in Europe that sell for less and ship to us. fat chance if you gaf about quibbling warrantee bs though. Schuberth is one of "those companies" that don't typically allow competitive pricing through authorized resale. just the way tis. not the first premium brand to roll like this.

seems when helmet "improve" they change the model designation. in this case... see previous posts. it's now the C3 "pro". (pro being of course a silly nomenclature for a simple model improvement. what will the next lever be? C3 "super pro"... then perhaps C3 "super duper pro"? before they finally just go for C4)
I appreciate your time to reply but as for "paying for graphics"-The $129 difference was not on helmets from the same source. One is a private sale for $400 (as I described in detail) & the other is from Revzilla & just happens to be "that model" with the graphics, priced @ $129 more. A plain helmet in a light color(white or silver or white "world") suits me best.
I know about the "Pro" as the improved model & have read comments from happy owners of both models & those that have "moved up" too. I personally feel that variations in head & neck sizes,how much hair,how fast,(you name it) & which helmet was worn previously, have much to do with the how quiet seems & fit considerations.
Yes, I use google now, thanks for the idea? Yes , I've seen them for sale across the big water.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
Old 01-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #7
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite5471 View Post
Got the C3 Pro last month its nice, very quiet but still has some noise but much less than my Arai RX7.

The XL is bigger externally than expected and has some forehead pressure that takes getting use too.

For $129 extra I'd get the new one you can register in their world program and get a 1/3 cost replacement if its damaged FWIW.
I agree with the buy new unles the price was lower on the "new but old" C3. FWIW- I've been offered several helmets here used that were used more and higher priced than the one I just mentioned @400 delivered & never used. but am thinking there will be some leftovers C3's as the changes keep coming. I use the sunvisor on my old Concept all the time as a visor with sun glasses or quick adjustment with clear safety glasses when the sun pops out.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #8
mwhite5471
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Two things i forgot to mention above:

* Pro has much improved ventilation almost feels like you forgot to put the helmet on when you open the top vents

* High jacket collars or big shoulders can impact head turning...low cut of helmet + neck collar causes minor obstruction....no jacket or low collar = no problem.
mwhite5471 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:32 PM   #9
jspringator
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Who sells them cheaper in Europe? I bought my Daytona boots that way and saved some money.

2000 ST1100 ABS

1985 Honda Nighthawk 650; SOLD
jspringator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:41 AM   #10
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspringator View Post
Who sells them cheaper in Europe? I bought my Daytona boots that way and saved some money.
I bought mine from Motostrom for $400 shipped, however it was too small and it cost me $80 in shipping to return it. I was even fitted in the US at a dealer, but after 30 minutes the neck strap was digging into my Adam's apple and I couldn't wear it. The C3 Pro is supposed to fix this problem.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:16 AM   #11
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
I bought mine from Motostrom for $400 shipped, however it was too small and it cost me $80 in shipping to return it. I was even fitted in the US at a dealer, but after 30 minutes the neck strap was digging into my Adam's apple and I couldn't wear it. The C3 Pro is supposed to fix this problem.
They show $469 Euros for a regular C3 plus shipping from Europe to USA & maybe customs hits you again on something that expensive?
Old 01-16-2014, 06:21 AM   #12
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

No customs fee for me. There's a whole other thread on the subject. My helmet was shipped FedEx next day from Italy and I did not have to pay any fees. There may be certain amount that you must go over to pay customs fees. My Sidi Adventures were fee free from Germany as well and they were $350 shipped.
IBA #50489
Old 01-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #13
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

469 euros = $638USD plus they show a sh charge so big difference from your deal!

I just bought a Shoei Neotec white on the BMWMOA flea market-used with ~ 4,000 miles of use-guy moved to a commo helmet/C3 pro

I can line someone up with info on the one I passed on- white C3, new but previously owned in the box, zero miles on it PM me if you want the link...

kantuckid screwed with this post 01-16-2014 at 11:49 AM
Old 01-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #14
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
469 euros = $638USD plus they show a sh charge so big difference from your deal!

I just bought a Shoei Neotec white on the BMWMOA flea market-used with ~ 4,000 miles of use-guy moved to a commo helmet/C3 pro

I can line someone up with info on the one I passed on- white C3, new but previously owned in the box, zero miles on it PM me if you want the link...
$513USD shipped for white.

http://www.motostorm.it/en/details_o...sp?codice=Z960
IBA #50489
Old 01-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #15
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Thanks! I'm good with the neotec I just bought but odd that that price didn't show when I went there...? Thats the best deal out there on that helmet.
The MCSuperstore in LOU,KY is a place to check from time to time as they are an outlet for returns & overstock at bargains. bad part is you have to call them about once per week to check for the deals.