Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #16
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,647
I purchased the Neotec, too after retuning my C3. It fits much better and the chin strap doesn't dig into my Adam's apple. You'll be very happy with it.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:09 PM   #17
KoolBreeze
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
and $550 for the C3 Pro

http://www.motostorm.it/en/details_o...6&currency=USD

(too anybody else... have to click the miniscule dollar sign on the top bar just to the left of the price shown. don't bother trying to convert the usual way of using daily currency exchange rates)

bought a pair of brake shoes from Italy a couple weeks back, they were at my house in less than a week.
KoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #18
KoolBreeze
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
Thanks! I'm good with the neotec I just bought but odd that that price didn't show when I went there...? Thats the best deal out there on that helmet.

enjoy your neotec! may you never need to "use" it.
KoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:14 AM   #19
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,705
Quote:
I purchased the Neotec, too after retuning my C3. It fits much better and the chin strap doesn't dig into my Adam's apple. You'll be very happy with it.
The prior owner of my Neotec said they ventilate very well & that he used the pinlock thingy for cold weather or early morning riding only...
I'm anxious to find out if you can keep open the visor slightly under decent speeds w/o it clicking shut like my Schuberth Concept & the C3 is said to do that too. Anything over ~20mph it slams shut!
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:29 AM   #20
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

They do ventilate very well, especially the top vent. I ride on the highway (80mph) in the summer with the visor opened at the first notch and it stays open. The pinlock works great, too. I have one on my XD3 and won't buy another helmet unless it allows the option.
IBA #50489
Old 01-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #21
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
They do ventilate very well, especially the top vent. I ride on the highway (80mph) in the summer with the visor opened at the first notch and it stays open. The pinlock works great, too. I have one on my XD3 and won't buy another helmet unless it allows the option.
My "seller" told me you cannot leave the pinlock on all the time as will "mark" the main visor?
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
Old 01-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #22
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

I never heard that. My XD3 pinlock has been in for over 2 years. Only taken off to clean out the fine dust that gets in there to prevent scratching. I know the clear ok locks are not supposed to be used at night because they can distort view, but I keep mine in anyways because the distortion is so little and if I don't, my visor fogs up when it's cold. If anything I think removing the pinlock a lot could damage it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IBA #50489
Old 01-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #23
Ianuk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
The good..I have a C3, love the fit more so than any other helmet. Having got used to the integrated sun visor I'd never buy a helmet with out one again.

The bad.. Very, very noisy at speed. Don't believe the bumph. Even with custom ear plugs, so much so I'm thinking of changing helmets this year. As a two week trip brought on an attack of tinnitus that's never gone away. With out the pinlock system the visor would be a nightmare on warm wet days. With lots of condensation forming around the edges of the visor. The ventilation is poor leaving the inside feeling very stuffy. In the rain the visor leaks and runs down the inside not helping matters..

Before this I had a Shoei SR 1100 with none of the above problems.. If it fits I'd give the Neotec a go. The reviews are outstanding.

Though if you still want one, post it to me and I'll send it on as a gift.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
-the Dalai Lama
Ianuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:47 AM   #24
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

In UK, you of all people, should know how they handles wet weather-
I read peoples personal reviews & helmet comments knowing that their personal factors related to helmet results could easily pertain to: what they wore in the past;shape/size of head;neck size(thats where the air/noise comes up to the ear & one could easily have a big head/little neck,etc);how much hair(I have short hair so my helmet might ventilate better than a person with a big mop of hair) on head(or if they have any);how fast & where they ride(such as slower commutes in city traffic or high speed slab riding);where they ride as in a windy place-I'm from KS & can assure you that the USA west has perennial winds & some states have frequent high winds that you don't see in KY where I am now!
Thus-lots of factors, and many that matter!-plus some of us cannot hear well to begin with so noise is relative that way too! My current old helmet-Schuberth Concept- is quiet to me & comfortable too but has its minor faults. This from a guy that doesn't even like to wear hats very much.
I waiting to see how I'll like the return to a "D"-Ring strap?
Seems I saw a strap conversion thingy to make them like my current "seatbelt style" clip? Anyone find those/try them?
Old 01-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #25
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Yep, I use those seatbelt type buckles on all my helmets. They're about $8 at your local dealer. Much better than fumbling with d rings.
IBA #50489
Old 01-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #26
RealestateguyInSoBay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
C3 Pro with SRC Kit

I just purchased a C3 Pro with the SRC kit along with a 2014 BMW R1200GS with the BMW Navigator V GPS. With the SRC I've attached my Samsung Note 3 phone and Apple iTouch and it all works awesome. Great helmet, love the dark adjustable visor and clear shield. For general riding will also use my C3 Pro. For track days, will stay with my Arai RX7 and HP4.
RealestateguyInSoBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #27
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealestateguyInSoBay View Post
I just purchased a C3 Pro with the SRC kit along with a 2014 BMW R1200GS with the BMW Navigator V GPS. With the SRC I've attached my Samsung Note 3 phone and Apple iTouch and it all works awesome. Great helmet, love the dark adjustable visor and clear shield. For general riding will also use my C3 Pro. For track days, will stay with my Arai RX7 and HP4.
Please.
Stop there.
I'm a "flip phone guy" that has messages a couple weeks old at times... Plus my SS check & Teacher retirement checks wont begin to cover any such high dollar farkle lists!
I didn't "do real estate in so bay"
Old 01-21-2014, 05:51 AM   #28
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yep, I use those seatbelt type buckles on all my helmets. They're about $8 at your local dealer. Much better than fumbling with d rings.
I'm looking on ebay & web and see them from several sellers-question becomes which is best? Probably most from China. I'm leery of the ones that appear to be all plastic & question some of the steel ones as they appear flimsy.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #29
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
I'm looking on ebay & web and see them from several sellers-question becomes which is best? Probably most from China. I'm leery of the ones that appear to be all plastic & question some of the steel ones as they appear flimsy.
You want to buy the Echo brand. Made in the USA and that's what the dealers sell.
IBA #50489
Old 01-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #30
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Amazon lists the Powermadd,Echo & Raider which one reviewer states as identical,i.e., the same product as the Powermadd. All have some neg reviews & all have some 5 stars too. A rider on the BMWMOA forum who is a retired MC cop says he likes the Raider & used it a bunch on the job with no problems. That included what he called an unscheduled exit from the bike! Some mention that you have to cut helmet straps to install certain brands as a snap on OEM strap. My Neotec has a small snap on one side & D rings on other so maybe I will have to cut too?
I think I'll try to adjust back to D rings for now , then decide how bad I hate them...
The Echo doesn't fare well in the reviews I've read as compared to other brands.
Echo/Powermadd are USA made too.