Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #31
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,597
Sorry, Echo is the only ones I've tried and they fit without any cutting on my XD3 and Neotec. The clip can be fussy Ito remove f you don't put it in right, but that's very rare.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #32
KoolBreeze
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
Please.
Stop there.
I'm a "flip phone guy" that has messages a couple weeks old at times... Plus my SS check & Teacher retirement checks wont begin to cover any such high dollar farkle lists!
I didn't "do real estate in so bay"

KoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:47 AM   #33
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
What we have is a contender for "farkler of the year award"?
I just opened my "lightly used" Neotec yesterday & I'm good for now...
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #34
ERD
Custom Rider

Oddometer: 300
I spoke with someone at Schuberth USA at length regarding the C3. The US and European versions of the C3 are different due to the Snell rating requirements in the US model. The US model is heavier and Schuberth USA will not warranty the non-USA model.
ERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:18 PM   #35
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
The C 3 and C 3 Pro are not Snell certified… I am not sure what the Schuberth rep said, but maybe you misunderstood... The European helmets have the ECE certifications, and the US helmets have also the DOT, which European models don't.
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:41 AM   #36
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD View Post
I spoke with someone at Schuberth USA at length regarding the C3. The US and European versions of the C3 are different due to the Snell rating requirements in the US model. The US model is heavier and Schuberth USA will not warranty the non-USA model.
So, are they saying that we ride safer than Euro riders? Sort of hard to understand? I get the which test you have to "pay for & pass" aspect of this discussion but not the heavier helmet part? Or, is it how our helmet tests cause/force variations in the build of the helmet?
The warranty thing is probably to protect sales territories in USA from cheaper helmets coming in-which they seem to be cheaper as can be mailed when new from afar & still lower than here.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
Old 01-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #37
mwhite5471
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Ordered the 25% tint visor yesterday to see if it reduces the light up effect the clear has in our AZ sun...freakin expensive piece of plastic $$$.

On another note i'm finding the C3 Pro to be a PITA if you wear wired ear buds...it seems to pull them out my ears 50% of the time...just a note.

Trying some wired speakers next as the helmet is easily quiet enough even at 80 and beyond.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #38
ERD
Custom Rider

Oddometer: 300
I'm not arguing the merits of the helmet nor do I remember the exact words of the conversation. The US DOT helmet is thicker in certain parts and is heavier than the ECE ones. This is at least true for the C3 helmet.
ERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #39
terryckdbf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 860
My C3 says DOT and ECE (European), so does the website.

http://www.schuberthnorthamerica.com...ers_Manual.pdf

Terry
terryckdbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:57 PM   #40
KoolBreeze
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
The warranty thing is probably to protect sales territories in USA from cheaper helmets coming in-which they seem to be cheaper as can be mailed when new from afar & still lower than here.
give the man a cookie!

there aren't discounted schuberth helmets and anyone working in business where there are exclusive and protective measures knows this to be factual.

sorry... the rep was full of crap. don't necessarily "blame" him anymore than any other sales/marketing person. it's the world in which we live.

edit: I still want one of their helmets.
KoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #41
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
The C3 Pro with the Pinlock in is the best helmet for riding in Seattle winters by far. Best setup to keep from fogging is both vents open, winter wind breaker in and chin foil out.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:56 AM   #42
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Have you compared it/C3 to the Shoei pinlock that I bought? My seller said he always took the pinlock off when riding during sunlight in the daytime to prevent marring the main shield-your thoughts on this removal idea?
Old 01-31-2014, 07:27 AM   #43
James Adams
Not a Texan

Oddometer: 8,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryckdbf View Post
My C3 says DOT and ECE (European), so does the website.

http://www.schuberthnorthamerica.com...ers_Manual.pdf

Terry
The US-market Schuberth C3 (and many others) helmets are certified to both DOT and ECE, while the European helmets are only certified to ECE. The DOT requirements differ enough that DOT-conforming helmets are generally slightly heavier than an ECE-only helmet of the same model.

Some may disagree, but for me, both the DOT and ECE standards provide an acceptable level of protection. Since a lighter helmet is more comfortable helmet for me, and I don't live in a state that requires DOT helmets, I purchased an ECE-only Schuberth from Europe.
James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:57 AM   #44
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Have you compared it/C3 to the Shoei pinlock that I bought? My seller said he always took the pinlock off when riding during sunlight in the daytime to prevent marring the main shield-your thoughts on this removal idea?
You CAN take the Pinlock out. I had a Shoei Hornet DS with Pinlock and it did not fog at all with a Pinlock.

I say you can take the Pinlock out but I would not do it everyday or the Pinlock is going to break etc. I would only do it going into Summer etc when you do not need it. I have never had one mar the shield. When you do take the Pinlock lense out you take off the faceshield and flex the shield out against the bow while pushing on the shield with your thumbs. It can be done but if it really bugs you when you are not going to fog, I suggest just getting another shield and swapping the shield.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #45
Slane
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Guys Ι have decided to purchase this helmet because I know it's an excellent one.
I have taken the exact measuring of my head and I am thinking to buy it through internet. The point is that nobody of my friends has it and I can't find it at the shops of my town.

How risky is to buy it wihtout trying first, just with the exact measuring of my head?
Slane is offline   Reply With Quote