Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 07:19 PM   #61
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,269
Nope, but I just registered for the White Rock Enduro.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #62
Silver OP
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,260
Local series been having a hard go of it lately. Had to cancel Scipio for OHSCS. OCCRA had to postpone a race and canceled Reynards this weekend as well.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:59 AM   #63
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Local series been having a hard go of it lately. Had to cancel Scipio for OHSCS. OCCRA had to postpone a race and canceled Reynards this weekend as well.
Sounds like you should register and ride the BJEC at White Rock. I have sent in my registration as well...
Old 03-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #64
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,288
Arkansas Hare scramble this Sunday the 23rd at Cedar Creek
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #65
reddirtjoe
thinning the herd.

Oddometer: 1,741
Oklahoma Hare Scramble Championship Series at Konowa this weekend! !
I'm planning on being there,, anyone else?
Old 03-18-2014, 07:59 PM   #66
Silver OP
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,260
Debating on both Konawa and White rock. Haven't decided. Need to get AMA membership for white rock I think.

Scipio round for OHSCS rescheduled for June 1st I believe.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #67
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Debating on both Konawa and White rock. Haven't decided. Need to get AMA membership for white rock I think.

Scipio round for OHSCS rescheduled for June 1st I believe.
DD checked up on the AMA membership for whiterock and I think he found out it is not needed.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:21 AM   #68
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newner View Post
DD checked up on the AMA membership for whiterock and I think he found out it is not needed.
This is copied from the BJEC/Razor Back Riders White Rock entry form:

*Racers must be members of the AMA.* Forms will available at the Event, for speed at sign-up please pre-enter the AMA.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #69
reddirtjoe
thinning the herd.

Konowa it is then!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #70
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newner View Post
I never said that.

I was talking about something else that wasn't needed.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #71
Crash217
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
I'm down for Konowa this weekend and I guess I will go to White Rock too since people like Dirty Dog and the new scoring chariman need my help.

Maybe Silver will need my help at the race too? Who knows.
Crash217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #72
reddirtjoe
thinning the herd.

Konowa...I could use Jon's words of wisdom.....

Next weekend. ,.. not so much...( coaching a MSF BRC )
Old 03-23-2014, 05:49 AM   #73
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Really neat. I have never really thought I could do this but I might like to try. Are large cc bikes allowed? I ride an XR650L. I would likely be at the back of the pack but it would still be fun.

Don't let the bike stop you:

Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #74
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Trying to get my bike race-ready for White Rock. Finally took the paddle tire off... That tells you how much riding my schedule has allowed in the last month.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:07 PM   #75
Crash217
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215

Konowa was fun.

Saturday I was meditating in my Japanese garden in the back yard, because it has the best chi in my house, and I asked myself; ďWhat would J-Law do?Ē

So I grabbed the pregnant wife (because safety first when drinking), hopped in the minivan and drove to OKC and stayed in the barís till 2am. I got about 4 hours of sleep after getting back to Stillwater, jumped out of bed, loaded up and went racing.

The KTM was lookiní swiggty swoot with the full fresh plastics and 1995 retro graphics and my gear only had minimal holes exposing my thermal undies and knee braces as I headed to the line. All the old dudes were sportin more wood than a lumber yard as I rolled up and the ladies didnít get it. The bike looked trick is what Iím sayin.

I got off to an awesome start, my sloth-like hangover reflexes combined with my KTMís penchant for never starting quickly on the line netted me a next to last place start in the over 30 expert/pro class. I ate a copious amount of dust but slowly picked people off throughout the first 3 laps. My first goal of the race was to pass Craig Chapman. He doesnít like his new bike and I was hungover so we were on equal terms. I got by Craig shortly after completing lap one and started working on Morrow. I donít know Morrow really, but I donít like him all that much for no particular reason other than he rides a WR450 so passing him was important. I cut inside a turn stuffed him in a deep sand rut. He yelled. A mile or so later, I tipped over and he went by and yelled again. ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG. I proceeded to laugh at him on my way by when he went down in a painful to watch, low side in a slick turn at the end of a 4th gear field sometime in the next lap or so. Never saw him again.

Then Drew showed up to the party. Drew is one of those guys who just started riding and got ridiculously fast in a ridiculously short amount of time. I had seen him go down on the first lap and thought nothing of it as he popped right back up, but I hadnít seen him in an hour or so until he showed back up on my tailpipe. I held him off for half a lap and saw the white flag so I put in a charge and 3/4 of the way around he unleashed the power of his KX450F as a lapper came into play and darted by me in a field. I was seeing red. maybe I was bleeding out last nights cosmos maybe It was rage. I put my head down, took his roosting like a bukkake champ and charged even harder into the last section of trail. I used every trick in the book besides blatant cheating and never could make a pass. I was on his fender as we went into the scoring chute and low and behold ANOTHER WHITE FLAG. WTF! I pressed onward into the dusty whoop filled abyss with all my might and just couldnít make any headway on keeping Drew in sight let alone passing him.

So I gave up.

Then, the light at the end of the tunnel appeared. No, not the finish line with a checkered flag, my buddy Ellis. Whoís major goal is to beat me in a race. He started on the pro line today a full minute ahead of me and this track was definitely his style so I wasnít surprised I hadnít seen him all day. But there he was, 20 yards from the finish line, pushing his bike. I put in a last ditch effort and raced towards the finish with reckless abandon and beat him by about 15 seconds. Still got it. 8th overall, 6th over 30 pro.

Footnotes; Ellis ran out of gas a half mile from the finish while running 2nd pro and 3rd overall. He pushed it all the way in by himself, dropping to 3rd pro and 9th overall. I threw off my camel back around the 1 hour mark due to a bite valve malfunction after taking one sip from it.

Special thanks to Andy Seay for the picture at the top of the article.

Crash217 screwed with this post 03-24-2014 at 10:50 PM Reason: added pic
Crash217 is offline   Reply With Quote