Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #91
OSULemon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
We saw you pull in, I cant say I've ever seen a Miata with a trailer!
Haha. Like I had to specify that it was white...
OSULemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #92
Crash217
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
I've been busy the last couple days, but I will have a race report posted by tomorrow afternoon. Keep in mind that my race reports are as true to life as possible and borderline gonzo journalism.

Teaser sentence; "Still dizzy from the tumble and alcohol, I threw the bike stand out of the trailer and bled myself to sleep".

--------------------------

Earl's video made its way onto facebook today. Who's KTM broke down? I saw you pushing it back towards the Dirty-Newner campsite and almost yelled at the gaggle of ADV dudes standing at the cabin to go help you but then I remembered I wanted to watch a movie and eat before score cards started flying at me like a Florida ballot booth.
Crash217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #93
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,470
My report was typed and waiting for my video to upload. Blue-screened my PC 2x. Video #1 of 2 is still in smugmug limbo.

I'll type up some details tonight.
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:05 AM   #94
KGSloan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash217 View Post
I've been busy the last couple days, but I will have a race report posted by tomorrow afternoon. Keep in mind that my race reports are as true to life as possible and borderline gonzo journalism.

Teaser sentence; "Still dizzy from the tumble and alcohol, I threw the bike stand out of the trailer and bled myself to sleep".

sweet report, jon. thanks for following through! :-)

hey dudes, met some of y'all at white rock....already know some of you (joe and unfortunately silver), and look forward to meeting some of the rest of you all

-kit
KGSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:29 AM   #95
Crash217
Gnarly Adventurer

Shuddap KG... Its almost done

In the meantime, Enjoy this video I got over the weekend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYgT5...P4e4AWxJoe8qaA
Old 04-07-2014, 06:36 AM   #96
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,537
Scipio, Indian Nations this weekend, Tomski74 and I are signed up and ready to go. We are a lock to dominate the bottom of the C Masters class. Anyone else?
Old 04-07-2014, 07:09 AM   #97
KGSloan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newner View Post
Scipio, Indian Nations this weekend, Tomski74 and I are signed up and ready to go. We are a lock to dominate the bottom of the C Masters class. Anyone else?
i'll be there - punching scores cards in the BJEC trailer. come say hey
Old 04-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #98
Crash217
Gnarly Adventurer

The Crash Report, White Rock, BJEC Round 1 2014

By 2pm Friday I had my money in my pocket and the steering wheel in my hand as I made my way to Arkansas for the first enduro of the season. And like any good little Midwestern woods bro, I was going to be there come hell or high water. And high water there was. The farther east I drove the wetter the ground became. As I rolled into the pits mixed in with the awe and flutter about my arrival I heard whispers of impending doom on the course. A steady rain in the days leading up to the event had conspired with an antsy forestry service and some “poorly placed” trail markers to make the soon to be arriving woods bros have a not so fun time at the races.

We set up camp on some premium real estate and got down to business. Drinking beer and cooking red meat over open flames. Our pits soon became a very happening place as the smell of ground beef wafted around the beautiful KTM 690 and glorious 250 XCF (complete with ’95 retro graphics) and simply demanded the attention of star struck race attendees. During our impromptu drum circle we got the low down on the new and un-improved course designations and gathered up a map made on zig zag paper and tears of vet class racers.

The meat and wine took its toll on my co-pilot and by 11pm he was passed out in his bunk. What a pussy. I continued to party rock until nearly 1am and just after I lied down on what I now believe to be a cursed air mattress on my bunk I was forcefully ejected by said bunk as it collapsed. I fell three feet to floor of the trailer, taking a folding chair to the shins that kind of broke the fall for my legs thankfully. After the co-pilot screamed at me for waking him up and refused to help me get unpinned from between the chairs and collapsed bunk I said to hell with it pee’d my pants and bled myself to sleep.

I awoke to my co-pilot kicking me out of the way as he went outside for his morning constitution and had a massive headache, my shoulder felt tweaked and my shins had dried blood on them. I’m not sure if I was hung over or had a mild concussion. None of that mattered though. We had computers to set up and a suddenly unapproved trail to go ride.

Setting out for the secret trails we found them rather easily as I had been there a few times before. I will just say this: It’s a shame we couldn’t use these trails because they are sweet.

By the time we got back to camp from our 30 mile adventure, the racers were flooding into the parking lot and co-pilots job was about to get rolling. So made myself scarce and found my fellow woods bros and made small talk around the pits. I had decided to not race as soon as I heard the re-routed coursed description so I decided to take a couple beers with me. One thing led to another, and before I knew it, Co-Pilot’s job was done, a feast of red meat cooked over open flame was served and the glow sticks and glow jewelry came out.

No seriously, there were women running around with glow jewelry and music blaring from hopped up Rzrs. So of course Co-Pilot and I had to get into one of those Rzrs and go check out where the party was. The party was next door to the pits and complete with a large bonfire, loud stereo and debauchery. This is what enduros are all about I think. Not that lame stuff like beating yourself half to death on an 80 mile long course. We partied out and retired to the trailer sometime after midnight, mostly because the people we rode with were leaving and we didn’t want to walk because who knows what kind of meth zombie you might find in the woods of the Arkansas Ozarks.

Sunday morning came quickly and everything was chaos until the riders left out on the course. Sightings of note during the starts was someone riding a restored Hodaka 100, a brand new Husky TE300, and an entire row of ADV guys. One of those ADV guys was riding a BMW G650X. Good Luck and god speed my friend.

When the riders came all came back the stories from the course ran the gamut from super boring and short to super boring and “Seriously What the Hell was with that last test!” Well ladies, apparently the club put everyone through the last few miles of the long course trail. Oh No’s! For a course that 95% fire road or quad trail, there were and obscene amount of hour outs. I can only come to the conclusion that most people below B class are sissys. That’s OK though, the world needs all types.

After the race was over, the scores posted and the racers sent home it was time for me and Co-Pilot to hit the road. But not before getting invited to a home cooked buffet in camp. Ah, the life of a J-list celebrity.

Crash217 screwed with this post 04-08-2014 at 08:11 PM
Old 04-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #99
Silver OP
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,261
Scipio/Indian nations flyer and route sheet are up on the BJEC website now.

http://www.blackjackenduro.org/

I'm out, have fun, be safe, take video, pictures, and write reports. :)
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #100
Crash217
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
scipio/indian nations flyer and route sheet are up on the bjec website now.

http://www.blackjackenduro.org/

i'm out, have fun, be safe, take video, pictures, and write reports. :)

no one expected you to go in the first place silver!!! Lame!!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:42 AM   #101
reddirtjoe
thinning the herd.

Oddometer: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newner View Post
I'm on the maybe list....Thinking show up Saturday eve. Maybe
Old 04-09-2014, 06:17 AM   #102
Newner
Buffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash217 View Post
For a course that 95% fire road or quad trail, there were and obscene amount of hour outs. I can only come to the conclusion that most people below B class are sissys. That’s OK though, the world needs all types.
Yes, but at least I ain't chicken.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #103
Crash217
Gnarly Adventurer

Newner... If you adv guys that show up to the enduros had skills the match your huge balls you guys would be ISDE riders.

Silver is the biggest sissy I know. He won't show up to an enduro and he has the most capable bike of the bunch besides Joes newer version of the same bike.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #104
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
Newner, are you camping out this time, or driving down Sunday morning?

Anyone know if there is a camping area at Scipio?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #105
Newner
Buffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKDQ View Post
Newner, are you camping out this time, or driving down Sunday morning?

Anyone know if there is a camping area at Scipio?
I am planning on going down on Sunday morning, I will be carpooling with Tomski. They do allow camping down there for the weekend but I do not think it is much more then a large gravel parking lot and few areas of grass areas.

We will be pulling up in a white dodge pickup with a DRZ and KLX.