ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #421
Shuffler
Getting a grip...
 
Shuffler's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Niwot CO
Oddometer: 1,660
Big news, and more to come...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vaug...hers-at-garmin

All former teammates, all dopers.

And yet, there are those who still think Lance bested them all with natural talent/ability.

__________________
________________________________
AMA | COHVCO | TPA | NCTR | BRC
Niwot Synthetics
KTM 950A | KTM 300XCW | BMW R1100RT
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #422
]I)Money
D NOT I
 
]I)Money's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Central central.
Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Big news, and more to come...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vaug...hers-at-garmin

All former teammates, all dopers.

And yet, there are those who still think Lance bested them all with natural talent/ability.

or maybe they believe in due process rather than the Court of Internet Douchebaggery...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax
Yes, but everything you've ever posted in the basement indicates that you're certifiably crazy, so you don't count.

"Another road remains, but it provides no more. It can only take us away"
]I)Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #423
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,101
Blocked from running Chicago Marathon. lol

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...ag=re1.channel
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #424
Geoff
Studly Adventurer
 
Geoff's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Illinois
Oddometer: 666
Lance Armstrong lost Sheryl Crow, was banned from cycling for life and stripped of seven Tour de France victories. What a loser!!!
__________________
2007 Harley Street Glide
1999 BMW K1200RS
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #425
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,101
Doesn't care that he cheated.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...s-talks_255736
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #426
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Oddometer: 5,341
looks like Lance is planning on coming up with his own series of competitive events. He's got the capital in terms of $$ and name recognition of pull it off.

good for Lance!!

_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #427
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
looks like Lance is planning on coming up with his own series of competitive events. He's got the capital in terms of $$ and name recognition of pull it off.

good for Lance!!

Yep, if you can't play by other's rules buy your way out of it.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #428
Wildman
In my castle
 
Wildman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Kent
Oddometer: 17,721
I'm on record in one of the TdF threads about three years ago as calling Armstrong a, "cheating, lying asshole". I've never really liked or admired the dullard and never found his story too compelling but I must confess a sneaking admiration for the way he's now dealing with this and moving on.
__________________
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #429
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Oddometer: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Yep, if you can't play by other's rules buy your way out of it.
BS! ... listen to Phil Legget's interview where he's says exactly opposite. He claims Lance played by the rules, subjecting himself to 500+ tests. sometimes 3 tests on the same day from 3 different agencies. without a single failed test.

in past days when test times were known months in advance. certainly it was possible to avoid detection. but under monitoring 7x24 where one has to log in on web every time one is headed out. so test inspectors has option of showing up where athlete is headed.

there is NO way someone can cheat without getting caught. look at the case of Alberto Contador getting suspended for two years over traces of clenbuterol. with amounts in his system so tiny it would not have been possible just 2 years before.

Alberto's tests came out clean before and during TDF. so without question he ingested the tiny amounts of clenbuterol during TDF. amounts that NO way helped his performance. then add in the fact that several different athletes have tested positive under almost identical circumstance. then were cleared.

an athlete cannot with 100% certainty control everything that goes into his body over the course of three weeks. a rider at times will accept a water bottle from a spectator or what ever.

drug tests have gotten to be a joke. agencies like USADA has gotten out of hand. after a 40 million $$ investigation by the Feds. if they had one shred of hard evidence. NO way they would have dropped charges against Lance. Only in America do we have our prisons overflowing with folks for POT. where the war against drugs after 30 years has shown NO improvement. where drug agencies have taken over budget $$$ and need to justify it's existence. are we seeing a pattern?

how can it be fair to anyone ... charge someone with a crime, then offer NO evidence, other than a vague charging document. then says proof will be offered at a hearing. going to a "trial" without knowing what evidence is getting ready to be used against you. or who is getting ready to testify against you. all with NO way to prepare a defense. NO way that can be fair!!!

IMHO this is why public opinion is heavily in Lance's favor (donations up 25x). even folks who don't follow cycling understand fair play. NO way what USADA has done is remotely fair. without hard evidence like a failed drug test. getting 10 people to testify against Lance means little to nothing. No telling what tactics were used to get testimony. like threats of getting same treatment as Lance if they didn't give testimony USADA wanted.

_cy_ screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 05:33 PM
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #430
rider1150gsadv
Fl Keys Fishing Guide
 
rider1150gsadv's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Florida Keys/Ft Likkertail , USA
Oddometer: 5,912
Right on!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rider1150gsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #431
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post

IMHO this is why public opinion is heavily in Lance's favor (donations up 25x). even folks who don't follow cycling understand fair play. .
Yes, money to the LA promotion charity rolled in.

I like Phil Leggets commentary but the guy is just a talking head for livestrong and LA. The first person evidence against this guy is overwhelming.

The only people who think LA didn't dope are the ones who don't follow cycling. If the organization administering the doping results is corrupt then what?

Bottom line, if he was innocent why didn't he fight the charges. Because his good friends who made a lot of money off of their association with him would all of a sudden lie about him? Hardly. He can outspend the opposition many times over in legal fees, so how could he loose?

The only thing that has become more apparent from all of stories written about him over the last few years by journalists, other cyclists and others involved in professional cycling that besides being a doper the guy is a prick.

Sorry cheater, karma is a bitch.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...-france_256351

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...ughable_255727


http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...lequipe_239834

And the shit will hit the fan in a few days.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...se-file_240019
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #432
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Oddometer: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Yes, money to the LA promotion charity rolled in.

I like Phil Leggets commentary but the guy is just a talking head for livestrong and LA. The first person evidence against this guy is overwhelming.

The only people who think LA didn't dope are the ones who don't follow cycling. If the organization administering the doping results is corrupt then what?

Bottom line, if he was innocent why didn't he fight the charges. Because his good friends who made a lot of money off of their association with him would all of a sudden lie about him? Hardly. He can outspend the opposition many times over in legal fees, so how could he loose?

The only thing that has become more apparent from all of stories written about him over the last few years by journalists, other cyclists and others involved in professional cycling that besides being a doper the guy is a prick.

Sorry cheater, karma is a bitch.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...-france_256351

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...ughable_255727


http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...lequipe_239834

And the shit will hit the fan in a few days.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...se-file_240019
BS ... the $$$ rolled in because LOTS of people recognized Lance was not given a fair shake.

totally agree with his decision of not fighting USADA's no win situation. what part of NOT fair do you not understand?

charging someone without one shred to hard evidence ... so what USADA managed to line up 10 people to testify... besides using proven liars... wonder what types of threats were used to get rest of folks to testify? on top of not releasing who is going to testify.... they will not release what their charges are based on.

it's been several months now and they still have not provided to UCI what their charges are based on? reason for delay, USADA is supposedly gathering more evidence, after the fact??? ... what horse shit!

NONE of above has anything to do with if Lance cheated or not... but more of a lack of fair play. like going back 12 years ... statue of limitations has long expired under USADA's own rules.

the list goes on of all the bull manure USADA pulled to justify it's own existence.

have read all your links... I see NOTHING that justifies what USADA has done. so what one person says blood manipulation, who cares?. what really counts is NO official testing lab has come up with a positive test. including evidence of blood manipulation.

what I believe is the US attorney's office. after spending 40 million of US tax payers dollars. you can bet your ass, if there was ONE shred of hard evidence ANYWHERE. the DA would have been on it like stink on shit.

_cy_ screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 01:06 AM
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #433
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend
 
Sutherngintelmen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: ATL
Oddometer: 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
. He can outspend the opposition many times over in legal fees, so how could he loose?
USADA lawyers are funded by you, me and the rest of our tax payers. I wish they had used the money elsewhere. Chasing down one guy they couldn't catch when it was actually relevant for an offense that was so rampant it was the norm is a huberous spend that delivers a bare minimum of benefit.

Congrats, the only thing this proved to me is that the regulators are so ineffective and misguided they should all be sued for incompetencce. Dissolve the whole mess and put something in place that doesn't make us wait a decade for uncertain justice.

Expensive self indulgence is what that was.
__________________
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV

Sutherngintelmen screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 04:18 AM
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #434
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,101
.......and another incredible stretch by LA's legal team.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...tobacco_256518
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #435
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!
 
Fe Man's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Moran Nation, N. Atlanta Outpost
Oddometer: 7,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
BS ... the $$$ rolled in because LOTS of people recognized Lance was not given a fair shake.

totally agree with his decision of not fighting USADA's no win situation. what part of NOT fair do you not understand?

charging someone without one shred to hard evidence ... so what USADA managed to line up 10 people to testify... besides using proven liars... wonder what types of threats were used to get rest of folks to testify? on top of not releasing who is going to testify.... they will not release what their charges are based on.

it's been several months now and they still have not provided to UCI what their charges are based on? reason for delay, USADA is supposedly gathering more evidence, after the fact??? ... what horse shit!

NONE of above has anything to do with if Lance cheated or not... but more of a lack of fair play. like going back 12 years ... statue of limitations has long expired under USADA's own rules.

the list goes on of all the bull manure USADA pulled to justify it's own existence.

have read all your links... I see NOTHING that justifies what USADA has done. so what one person says blood manipulation, who cares?. what really counts is NO official testing lab has come up with a positive test. including evidence of blood manipulation.

what I believe is the US attorney's office. after spending 40 million of US tax payers dollars. you can bet your ass, if there was ONE shred of hard evidence ANYWHERE. the DA would have been on it like stink on shit.
You I like,

Swimmer, not so much!
__________________
2006 Tiger
2008 KLR (hers)
Fe Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014