Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #421
Shuffler
Getting a grip...

Oddometer: 1,660
Big news, and more to come...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vaug...hers-at-garmin

All former teammates, all dopers.

And yet, there are those who still think Lance bested them all with natural talent/ability.

KTM 950A | KTM 300XCW | BMW R1100RT
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #422
]I)Money
D NOT I

Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Big news, and more to come...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vaug...hers-at-garmin

All former teammates, all dopers.

And yet, there are those who still think Lance bested them all with natural talent/ability.

or maybe they believe in due process rather than the Court of Internet Douchebaggery...

"Another road remains, but it provides no more. It can only take us away"
]I)Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #423
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,101
Blocked from running Chicago Marathon. lol

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...ag=re1.channel
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #424
Geoff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Lance Armstrong lost Sheryl Crow, was banned from cycling for life and stripped of seven Tour de France victories. What a loser!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #425
swimmer
armchair asshole

Doesn't care that he cheated.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...s-talks_255736
Old 10-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #426
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,341
looks like Lance is planning on coming up with his own series of competitive events. He's got the capital in terms of $$ and name recognition of pull it off.

good for Lance!!

_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #427
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
looks like Lance is planning on coming up with his own series of competitive events. He's got the capital in terms of $$ and name recognition of pull it off.

good for Lance!!

Yep, if you can't play by other's rules buy your way out of it.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #428
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,721
I'm on record in one of the TdF threads about three years ago as calling Armstrong a, "cheating, lying asshole". I've never really liked or admired the dullard and never found his story too compelling but I must confess a sneaking admiration for the way he's now dealing with this and moving on.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #429
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Yep, if you can't play by other's rules buy your way out of it.
BS! ... listen to Phil Legget's interview where he's says exactly opposite. He claims Lance played by the rules, subjecting himself to 500+ tests. sometimes 3 tests on the same day from 3 different agencies. without a single failed test.

in past days when test times were known months in advance. certainly it was possible to avoid detection. but under monitoring 7x24 where one has to log in on web every time one is headed out. so test inspectors has option of showing up where athlete is headed.

there is NO way someone can cheat without getting caught. look at the case of Alberto Contador getting suspended for two years over traces of clenbuterol. with amounts in his system so tiny it would not have been possible just 2 years before.

Alberto's tests came out clean before and during TDF. so without question he ingested the tiny amounts of clenbuterol during TDF. amounts that NO way helped his performance. then add in the fact that several different athletes have tested positive under almost identical circumstance. then were cleared.

an athlete cannot with 100% certainty control everything that goes into his body over the course of three weeks. a rider at times will accept a water bottle from a spectator or what ever.

drug tests have gotten to be a joke. agencies like USADA has gotten out of hand. after a 40 million $$ investigation by the Feds. if they had one shred of hard evidence. NO way they would have dropped charges against Lance. Only in America do we have our prisons overflowing with folks for POT. where the war against drugs after 30 years has shown NO improvement. where drug agencies have taken over budget $$$ and need to justify it's existence. are we seeing a pattern?

how can it be fair to anyone ... charge someone with a crime, then offer NO evidence, other than a vague charging document. then says proof will be offered at a hearing. going to a "trial" without knowing what evidence is getting ready to be used against you. or who is getting ready to testify against you. all with NO way to prepare a defense. NO way that can be fair!!!

IMHO this is why public opinion is heavily in Lance's favor (donations up 25x). even folks who don't follow cycling understand fair play. NO way what USADA has done is remotely fair. without hard evidence like a failed drug test. getting 10 people to testify against Lance means little to nothing. No telling what tactics were used to get testimony. like threats of getting same treatment as Lance if they didn't give testimony USADA wanted.

_cy_ screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 05:33 PM
Old 10-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #430
rider1150gsadv
Fl Keys Fishing Guide

Oddometer: 5,912
Right on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rider1150gsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #431
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:

IMHO this is why public opinion is heavily in Lance's favor (donations up 25x). even folks who don't follow cycling understand fair play. .
Yes, money to the LA promotion charity rolled in.

I like Phil Leggets commentary but the guy is just a talking head for livestrong and LA. The first person evidence against this guy is overwhelming.

The only people who think LA didn't dope are the ones who don't follow cycling. If the organization administering the doping results is corrupt then what?

Bottom line, if he was innocent why didn't he fight the charges. Because his good friends who made a lot of money off of their association with him would all of a sudden lie about him? Hardly. He can outspend the opposition many times over in legal fees, so how could he loose?

The only thing that has become more apparent from all of stories written about him over the last few years by journalists, other cyclists and others involved in professional cycling that besides being a doper the guy is a prick.

Sorry cheater, karma is a bitch.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...-france_256351

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...ughable_255727

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...lequipe_239834

And the shit will hit the fan in a few days.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...se-file_240019
Old 10-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #432
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes, money to the LA promotion charity rolled in.

I like Phil Leggets commentary but the guy is just a talking head for livestrong and LA. The first person evidence against this guy is overwhelming.

The only people who think LA didn't dope are the ones who don't follow cycling. If the organization administering the doping results is corrupt then what?

Bottom line, if he was innocent why didn't he fight the charges. Because his good friends who made a lot of money off of their association with him would all of a sudden lie about him? Hardly. He can outspend the opposition many times over in legal fees, so how could he loose?

The only thing that has become more apparent from all of stories written about him over the last few years by journalists, other cyclists and others involved in professional cycling that besides being a doper the guy is a prick.

Sorry cheater, karma is a bitch.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...-france_256351

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...ughable_255727

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...lequipe_239834

And the shit will hit the fan in a few days.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...se-file_240019
BS ... the $$$ rolled in because LOTS of people recognized Lance was not given a fair shake.

totally agree with his decision of not fighting USADA's no win situation. what part of NOT fair do you not understand?

charging someone without one shred to hard evidence ... so what USADA managed to line up 10 people to testify... besides using proven liars... wonder what types of threats were used to get rest of folks to testify? on top of not releasing who is going to testify.... they will not release what their charges are based on.

it's been several months now and they still have not provided to UCI what their charges are based on? reason for delay, USADA is supposedly gathering more evidence, after the fact??? ... what horse shit!

NONE of above has anything to do with if Lance cheated or not... but more of a lack of fair play. like going back 12 years ... statue of limitations has long expired under USADA's own rules.

the list goes on of all the bull manure USADA pulled to justify it's own existence.

have read all your links... I see NOTHING that justifies what USADA has done. so what one person says blood manipulation, who cares?. what really counts is NO official testing lab has come up with a positive test. including evidence of blood manipulation.

what I believe is the US attorney's office. after spending 40 million of US tax payers dollars. you can bet your ass, if there was ONE shred of hard evidence ANYWHERE. the DA would have been on it like stink on shit.

_cy_ screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 01:06 AM
Old 10-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #433
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,169
Quote:
. He can outspend the opposition many times over in legal fees, so how could he loose?
USADA lawyers are funded by you, me and the rest of our tax payers. I wish they had used the money elsewhere. Chasing down one guy they couldn't catch when it was actually relevant for an offense that was so rampant it was the norm is a huberous spend that delivers a bare minimum of benefit.

Congrats, the only thing this proved to me is that the regulators are so ineffective and misguided they should all be sued for incompetencce. Dissolve the whole mess and put something in place that doesn't make us wait a decade for uncertain justice.

Expensive self indulgence is what that was.
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV

Sutherngintelmen screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 04:18 AM
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #434
swimmer
armchair asshole

.......and another incredible stretch by LA's legal team.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...tobacco_256518
Old 10-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #435
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer: 7,645
Quote:
BS ... the $$$ rolled in because LOTS of people recognized Lance was not given a fair shake.

totally agree with his decision of not fighting USADA's no win situation. what part of NOT fair do you not understand?

charging someone without one shred to hard evidence ... so what USADA managed to line up 10 people to testify... besides using proven liars... wonder what types of threats were used to get rest of folks to testify? on top of not releasing who is going to testify.... they will not release what their charges are based on.

it's been several months now and they still have not provided to UCI what their charges are based on? reason for delay, USADA is supposedly gathering more evidence, after the fact??? ... what horse shit!

NONE of above has anything to do with if Lance cheated or not... but more of a lack of fair play. like going back 12 years ... statue of limitations has long expired under USADA's own rules.

the list goes on of all the bull manure USADA pulled to justify it's own existence.

have read all your links... I see NOTHING that justifies what USADA has done. so what one person says blood manipulation, who cares?. what really counts is NO official testing lab has come up with a positive test. including evidence of blood manipulation.

what I believe is the US attorney's office. after spending 40 million of US tax payers dollars. you can bet your ass, if there was ONE shred of hard evidence ANYWHERE. the DA would have been on it like stink on shit.
You I like,

Swimmer, not so much!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: