ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #106
rider1150gsadv
Fl Keys Fishing Guide
 
rider1150gsadv's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Florida Keys/Ft Likkertail , USA
Oddometer: 5,912
Doping or no doping, as a cyclist you still have to pedal your ass across France under your own power. Lance just leveled the playing field by using whatever since everybody else uses something, either legal or illegal.
I still admire his tenacity for beating cancer and sitting on that bike for 7 TDF's...
rider1150gsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #107
Baldy
Site Owner
 
Baldy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2001
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Oddometer: 8,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Convince me that the following did NOT dope. You will have a tough time.
Speaking as someone who is currently in trial and has to spend $4 million and months of my life trying to prove my innocence, I don't have the same casual assumption of guilt anymore when I see that someone was implicated, charges were filed, etc. If I don't get a good legal team, spend tons of money, and devote enormous amounts of time, I'm guilty. And even if I do, who knows what the jury will decide. It depends on the jury.

Just look at all the death row inmates who looked so guilty until DNA evidence set them free.

Gone are the days when you could have a Willie Mays make not-to-be believed catches, Ali be so quick, or Pele astonish the world on the soccer field, because if you have that kind of talent, smarts and work ethic now, you're a juicer.

We had friends who played for the 49ers during the glory years who said the only reason Jerry Rice didn't end up being accused of doping is because he was slow. But the ironic thing is, he became the greatest player without that speed, which should have be harder to believe than had he achieved it as someone gifted.

Lance has so many ways of winning the others didn't have, like technology, strategy, tactics, etc. I've been watching him in triathlon and he's just the smartest guy out there so he wins even though it's very doubtful he's the best athlete.
__________________
Home page photos
Baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #108
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Gone are the days when you could have a Willie Mays make not-to-be believed catches, Ali be so quick, or Pele astonish the world on the soccer field, because if you have that kind of talent, smarts and work ethic now, you're a juicer.
A large part of that is just ignorance. Mays, like many (most?) players of his generation, took greenies (amphetamines). It'd be hardly surprising if pele did too (or red juice), given its prevalence in Latin America.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #109
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag
 
Chisenhallw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: I've narrowed it down to 'earth'. Or 'Baltimore'.
Oddometer: 4,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Speaking as someone who is currently in trial and has to spend $4 million and months of my life trying to prove my innocence, I don't have the same casual assumption of guilt anymore when I see that someone was implicated, charges were filed, etc. If I don't get a good legal team, spend tons of money, and devote enormous amounts of time, I'm guilty. And even if I do, who knows what the jury will decide. It depends on the jury.

Just look at all the death row inmates who looked so guilty until DNA evidence set them free.
This. Plus, the WADA & the USADA really do seem extra witch-hunty.
__________________
2001 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Suzuki SV650
MD ABC TOR
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com
Chisenhallw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #110
Baldy
Site Owner
 
Baldy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2001
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Oddometer: 8,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
This. Plus, the WADA & the USADA really do seem extra witch-hunty.
Yeah, read this if you want a real eye-opener:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sport...armstrong-case
__________________
Home page photos
Baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #111
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer
 
WVhillbilly's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 8,684
Is Lance fucking Mr Tygart's wife?

Or his mom?

Damn.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #112
Baldy
Site Owner
 
Baldy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2001
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Oddometer: 8,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
Is Lance fucking Mr Tygart's wife?

Or his mom?

Damn.
Whether you think Lance doped or not, this process isn't reasonable:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/lance.html

When I compete in triathlons I sometimes wonder whether the guys who look like Greek Gods in my age group, and beat me when I trained hard to win and go to the world championships, are juicing. But I wouldn't want any of them to go through a process like this.
__________________
Home page photos
Baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #113
GP640
Beastly Adventurer
 
GP640's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: NW AB
Oddometer: 3,287
Why don't they run two classes?

Stock and unlimited?
GP640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #114
apexeric
Gnarly Adventurer
 
apexeric's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: NEPA
Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP640 View Post
Why don't they run two classes?

Stock and unlimited?
I wish it was that simple.
__________________
Eric
apexeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #115
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer
 
WVhillbilly's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 8,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Whether you think Lance doped or not, this process isn't reasonable:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/lance.html

When I compete in triathlons I sometimes wonder whether the guys who look like Greek Gods in my age group, and beat me when I trained hard to win and go to the world championships, are juicing. But I wouldn't want any of them to go through a process like this.
At this point I don't care if he did or not. These people need to fuck off and leave him alone.
I don't think he is racing Ironman because he needs the money, think he needs to compete.

Make an accusation based on anonymous testimony. Then you review the evidence, with no input from Lance.
And decide he is guilty.

Get a big bonus and your name in the press, write a book about bringing down the guy with the most TDF wins.

Then cash in even bigger on the book. Maybe get a made for TV movie deal.

I can see where that is fair and balanced.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #116
2whl-hoop
Studly Adventurer
 
2whl-hoop's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Cottage Grove, the ragged edge of suburbia, MN
Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
At this point I don't care if he did or not. These people need to fuck off and leave him alone.
This has gotten to the point that it screams "Witch Hunt" rather than legitimate investigation.
2whl-hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #117
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,634
Is Lemond

still pushing this thing along too?

He has consistently found it hard to believe someone was better than he was.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #118
cathulu
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cathulu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Oddometer: 179
Let's wait and see... Lance's manager helped write the process the usada is using. When lance got his licence he signed it and agreed to the rules.

There is a process and usada must have some good shit on lance and the other conspirators. Glad they are going after the enablers also.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
cathulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #119
2whl-hoop
Studly Adventurer
 
2whl-hoop's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Cottage Grove, the ragged edge of suburbia, MN
Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathulu View Post
Let's wait and see...
That was my attitude during the criminal investigation in the U.S. When the investigation was ended and no charges were filed, as far as I'm concerned, he's innocent. Repeatedly going after him through different venues looks like a desperate attempt to smear his legacy.
2whl-hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #120
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathulu View Post
Let's wait and see... Lance's manager helped write the process the usada is using. When lance got his licence he signed it and agreed to the rules.
You didn't read the response, eh? The complaint isn't the rules, but that usada isn't following the rules / processes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathulu View Post
There is a process and usada must have some good shit on lance and the other conspirators.
They might. But "they must have" is a pretty big assumption.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014