Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #121
Baldy
Site Owner

Oddometer: 8,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
You didn't read the response, eh? The complaint isn't the rules, but that usada isn't following the rules / processes.
True. Here's what Floyd Landis, one of Lance's chief accusers wrote in his book, and what Lance said about USADA's use of him:

Old 06-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #122
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
True. Here's what Floyd Landis, one of Lance's chief accusers wrote in his book, and what Lance said about USADA's use of him:

Pretty telling of the situation.
This WADA thing is certainly not passing the smell test (which is essentially what they've said about Armstrong)
Old 06-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #123
cathulu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Oh so Landis is lying that Armstrong doped but is telling the whole truth about what he says is a USADA bribe to get lance. Yes USADA has incentives in reducing doping penalties to help get the truth. Just like the little fish walk to reel in the big fish... Anyways some of the potential testimony is from guys that can't be bought if that is what you believe like hincapie who has retired.

Lance obfuscation is bought hook, line and sinker. Let it playout and hopefully lance will opt for an open hearing, let him be vindicated, isn't that what lance wanted, for USADA to vindicate him? Did he not say in men's health mag he was done fighting, knowing he would likely lose two tours?

I suspect the co accused will contribute to lances undoing also in the end...

Ps Positively False was written when Landis was defending himself and the floyd fairness fund and the trust but verify website supporting him. That all fell apart when Floyd decided to tell the truth.

It sucks when someone you idolize or believe in is a fraud, whose cancer may have been caused by doping (as Ferrari is said to believe) and his cancer certainly was not caught in doping test either from buying out the UCI or masking when it should have been off the charts on the testosterone test. His livestrong.org is built on a fraud and livestrong.com goes to lances pocket book.

I had my eyes opened, I once also believed.

cathulu screwed with this post 06-27-2012 at 07:14 AM
cathulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #124
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathulu View Post
Oh so Landis is lying that Armstrong doped but is telling the whole truth about what he says is a USADA bribe to get lance. Yes USADA has incentives in reducing doping penalties to help get the truth. Just like the little fish walk to reel in the big fish... Anyways some of the potential testimony is from guys that can't be bought if that is what you believe like hincapie who has retired...
for the record, i don't believe- i was just pointing out that your complaint about armstrong's team not liking the process was incorrect (they complained usada was NOT following the process). :P

regarding landis, he appears just generally unreliable for truth. good luck sorting his lies out.

as for hincapie, i don't believe he has confirmed (nor denied) any of the claims attributed to him, and i'm not sure why you would assume he couldn't be bought / pressured into testifying just because he's retired.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #125
cathulu
Gnarly Adventurer

Hincapie has not confirmed or denied, l assume he has testified, we shall see. However he has retired, which is telling because I think he had a few more races in him that he wanted to do, I believe he wanted to do the Olympics.

As he has retired, being suspended from racing is no longer a penalty option. They could strip wins, not sure they would or if he cares anymore. There are certainly less options to be punished when you are retired.

Not sure how he can be bought anyways. I am talking punishment. If they paid hincapie that would be very risky by usada - don't see it.

Anybody can be bought I suppose. But all ten?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

cathulu screwed with this post 06-27-2012 at 07:31 AM
Old 06-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #126
Schnickelfritz
pick, grin, repeat

Oddometer: 1,888
Hincapie will be retiring this year, but he will be on the start line at the Tour this weekend for a record 17th time, and then the USA Pro Cycling Challenge in August. The guy's already helped teammates to 9 Tour victories.

Always wanted him to get one of the monuments.
Schnickelfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #127
2whl-hoop
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathulu View Post
, whose cancer may have been caused by doping (as Ferrari is said to believe)
Truly, one of the dumbest statements I've read about his career.

I know that some treatments won"t pass doping standards, but once he was cleared to compete, did he fail any tests?

2whl-hoop screwed with this post 06-28-2012 at 05:13 PM
2whl-hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #128
cathulu
Gnarly Adventurer

Yes he failed test. Required a backdated therapeutic use exception and more. Do some research.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #129
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer: 7,596
Fucking Bullshit!

Dope or not; not caught and that is that.

The guy was a calculating, driven, focused, methodical, obsessed tactician and competitor. While other riders were out partying (like Jan Ulrich), Lance was dissecting every aspect of the race, the bike, his clothing and maximizing each to suit the race.

He planned better, tried harder, trained harder, raced harder and fucking WON because of it. LA is a machine; his lungs are better than others, his ability to exchange oxygen is superior and he can and will push himself into the house of pain like no one I have ever seen.

If you have never looked into his face during the Alpe d'Huez Time Trial, go watch the performance and get back with me.

That being said, it's over move on...
And fuck France!

And I know a little bit about this shit, I didn't get the Fe Man monicker because I like comic books.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #130
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post
And I know a little bit about this shit, I didn't get the Fe Man monicker because I like comic books.

Because you like Gwyneth Paltrow, perhaps?

Old 06-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #131
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer: 7,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby View Post

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #132
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby View Post

Imagine that, I thought he was Ferris Bueller.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #133
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,440
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/30/sp...us-agency.html
Offblnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #134
yzmaico
Slacker

Oddometer: 300
No way those cyclist can do what they do CLEAN.

Just like hockey players can't do what they do. A lot of the doping is for recovery, not just performance.
yzmaico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #135
cathulu
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post
Fucking Bullshit!

Dope or not; not caught and that is that.

The guy was a calculating, driven, focused, methodical, obsessed tactician and competitor. While other riders were out partying (like Jan Ulrich), Lance was dissecting every aspect of the race, the bike, his clothing and maximizing each to suit the race.

He planned better, tried harder, trained harder, raced harder and fucking WON because of it. LA is a machine; his lungs are better than others, his ability to exchange oxygen is superior and he can and will push himself into the house of pain like no one I have ever seen.

If you have never looked into his face during the Alpe d'Huez Time Trial, go watch the performance and get back with me.

That being said, it's over move on...
And fuck France!

Lol you nailed it! Great post!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: