Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #91
Huzband
Team Dirt

Oddometer: 3,994
Guess it's time for me to get on the stick & order new tires. Or I could use the old ones for an excuse.
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Huzband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #92
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzband View Post
Guess it's time for me to get on the stick & order new tires. Or I could use the old ones for an excuse.
I wouldn't worry about it mate. There will be at least one complete trials n00b in attendance........

Just wait until you guys get to see my gorilla self on a trials bike....
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #93
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
I wouldn't worry about it mate. There will be at least one complete trials n00b in attendance........
That would be me. But I've watched so many youtube videos that I think I can handle it. Really, how hard can it be? I can pull up to a stop sign on my big GS and only have to put one foot down..... so I think I can handle this.

Besides, every group needs to have someone who provides comic relief. That will most likely be me.

Jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #94
Purch23
Dirtbiker

Oddometer: 169
A big thank you to GER and Tarheel for setting all this up!

Another big thank you to Tarheel for offering up his property for us all to share! Few are so generous.

Thanks guys! See you in April!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #95
Huzband
Team Dirt

Oddometer: 3,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
That would be me. But I've watched so many youtube videos that I think I can handle it. Really, how hard can it be? I can pull up to a stop sign on my big GS and only have to put one foot down..... so I think I can handle this.

Besides, every group needs to have someone who provides comic relief. That will most likely be me.

Jeff
You have to put a foot down?

'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Huzband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #96
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post

Jeff
This is going to prove to be one of the greatest moments of our lives. We most definitely need to get some video. For history's sake....of course.
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #97
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,635
Yep Purch, me and GER make a good team. He's the brains and I'm the brawn. My pleasure to host you guys.

Primitive camping and a porta john will be available. Plenty of hotels just minutes away. The barn/shop/tack room/hay loft/redneck drive inn is also available for sleeping arrangements.

Ryan Young clinics are becoming far and few between due to Ryan's other commitments. You guys are in for a treat. Check you egos at the door and become a sponge. There's a ton of information to take in over the two days.

Saturday nights are always fun here watching DVDs, eating, partaking of adult beverages and just general hangin out.

Almost forgot, we're going to try and do a better job of documenting the general jackassery of the 2 days. Plan to take video and pics of everyone during the drills and hopefully get DVDs to those interested.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #98
DirtDud
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
We are very excited to get to ride at your place THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! I was wondering how big of an area we will be riding on ? My wife will be walking ?
Old 02-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #99
joebiodiesel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
I'm in. PM Sent for deposit info. I am getting a room at the Holiday Inn. I'm one of those greasy Italian guys that sweats olive oil, so I will need a hot shower before and after the event. No camping for me. I'd slide out of my clothes the next day.

If anyone that doesn't snore like a freight train is looking to share a room let me know.

Also, would it be OK to drop my bike off on Friday night while I'm at the hotel? I'd rather not have to worry about someone grabbing the bike out of the back of the truck.

I'm glad to see there will be other folks there that aren't afraid to make fools of themselves. I will stand out less when I put on my "falling display". If history is any judge I will demonstrate how to fall off my bike from the front, back, both sides, rapid motion, slow motion, and several ways I haven't though of yet.

Joe
2005 Gasgas TXT 280 Pro
1976 Honda CT70
joebiodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #100
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDud View Post
We are very excited to get to ride at your place THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! I was wondering how big of an area we will be riding on ? My wife will be walking ?
100+ acres. We mainly stay around the house and barn, but we do spend time all over the farm during the 2 days.

Have over 6 miles of single track if you want to bring a mountain bike or a non-knobby small motorcycle.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:53 PM   #101
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebiodiesel View Post
I'm in. PM Sent for deposit info. I am getting a room at the Holiday Inn. I'm one of those greasy Italian guys that sweats olive oil, so I will need a hot shower before and after the event. No camping for me. I'd slide out of my clothes the next day.

If anyone that doesn't snore like a freight train is looking to share a room let me know.

Also, would it be OK to drop my bike off on Friday night while I'm at the hotel? I'd rather not have to worry about someone grabbing the bike out of the back of the truck.

I'm glad to see there will be other folks there that aren't afraid to make fools of themselves. I will stand out less when I put on my "falling display". If history is any judge I will demonstrate how to fall off my bike from the front, back, both sides, rapid motion, slow motion, and several ways I haven't though of yet.

Joe
You are welcome to drop off the bike Friday evening. What bike are you riding? Didn't see a Trials bike in you signature block.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #102
joebiodiesel
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
You are welcome to drop off the bike Friday evening. What bike are you riding? Didn't see a Trials bike in you signature block.
Fixed it! 2 days ago I bought a 2005 Gasgas TXT 280 Pro from a guy that attended the clinic last year. I have been riding it around the yard for the last 2 days. HOLY CRAP is that thing exhausting!! I ride the woods for 20 minutes then have to rest. Practice logs, rest some more. I better get my butt in shape if I'm gonna ride 2 days, or else I'm going to need a nap in between sessions.

Thanks for letting me drop my bike off. I appreciate it.

Joe
2005 Gasgas TXT 280 Pro
1976 Honda CT70
Old 02-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #103
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Fixed it! 2 days ago I bought a 2005 Gasgas TXT 280 Pro from a guy that attended the clinic last year. I have been riding it around the yard for the last 2 days. HOLY CRAP is that thing exhausting!! I ride the woods for 20 minutes then have to rest. Practice logs, rest some more. I better get my butt in shape if I'm gonna ride 2 days, or else I'm going to need a nap in between sessions.

Thanks for letting me drop my bike off. I appreciate it.

Joe
So you bought Jeff's Gasser. You got a great deal!

He was at the farm today riding. He left with a 14 Sherco 3.0. He's a happy camper.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #104
joebiodiesel
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
So you bought Jeff's Gasser. You got a great deal!

He was at the farm today riding. He left with a 14 Sherco 3.0. He's a happy camper.
That's the guy. He said he was considering a new bike. He sure didn't waste any time! He seems like a great guy. He took time to talk to me over the phone about trials riding in general, and went over the bike with me pretty thoroughly, telling me what fluids were where, and when the last maintenance was done, etc. He also told me the Ryan young class was not to be missed. I'm glad I got a chance to meet him.

I'm very happy with the deal I got, and I will certainly put the bike to good use.

Joe
2005 Gasgas TXT 280 Pro
1976 Honda CT70
Old 02-24-2014, 05:21 AM   #105
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
That's the guy. He said he was considering a new bike. He sure didn't waste any time! He seems like a great guy. He took time to talk to me over the phone about trials riding in general, and went over the bike with me pretty thoroughly, telling me what fluids were where, and when the last maintenance was done, etc. He also told me the Ryan young class was not to be missed. I'm glad I got a chance to meet him.

I'm very happy with the deal I got, and I will certainly put the bike to good use.

Joe
And he's one excellent rider!

His brother's 08 GasGas Raga is for sale on Charlotte CL. A dang good deal too!