ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #16
TourPros OP
Local wherever I go

Oddometer: 2,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhally View Post
I think Columbia Gorge Community College in The Dalles has one.

OBTW I am a food processing engineer, so if you need to make thousands of gallons, I have the technology...

Can only hope someday we will need your services. Right now its going to be a miracle to get the first batch done. We are thinking maybe 6 to 8 gallons to start split into quart and pint jars..
TourPros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:49 AM   #17
elkhorn
n00b

Oddometer: 7
new kitchen

There will be a new commercial kitchen out in Monument. I just put the floor in, the owner hopes to be operating by summer. I can provide contact info if you are interested. I know he is very flexible and interested in new contacts.
elkhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #18
ObiJohn
Screaming Banshee

Oddometer: 515
Why would it take a miracle to produce 6 gallons of sauce?

If it's getting a kitchen, that seems straightforward. If it's money, that also seems straightforward.

Several inmates have offered solutions to the kitchen problem, so it must be financial. How much money does it take to produce 6 gallons of barbecue sauce? If this will be in quart jars, that's 24 jars. What does a case of Mason jars cost? Labels can be made on a computer printer. Add in the raw ingredients, kitchen rental... what else is left?

TourPros, successful musicians don't care within reason about the price of something like this, and if they like your sauce see if you can get a friend in the business to give you an endorsement quote for the label... something like "This stuff is hotter than Pamela Anderson, and nowhere near the heartburn afterwards!"-Tommy Lee

If Paul Newman can do it, so can you. If money is holding you back, then check with friends, use Kickstarter.com, etc.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #19
TourPros OP
Local wherever I go

Oddometer: 2,043
Yep

Yes after the recent (third) heart attack funds are tight but it will happen will just take a little time. I have quotes from members of Blind Melon, Guns N Roses, Kyng, Fuel, Kill Devil Hill, Filter, Dickey Betts & Great Southern and more about the sauce as well as pics of some of them holding jars of it. IT will not be the cheapest sauce on the market but not the speediest either. Right now a company that supplies touring equipment is looking to carry it as is the Hood River Rosauers grocery store. So when I can get enough to stock each I will and we will see where "The Sauce" goes from there. Labels have been made for a while and I have about 10 jars still already done. The tag line on the label for those that have never had a jar is "So good you'll want to lick your friends fingers too"
TourPros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #20
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,920
I still want some.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #21
InvisibleOrdinary
Seeker

Oddometer: 9
copacking?

Not sure if you've settled on a place yet, but have you considered co-packing? May not be the best route in the short term, but I know that's what Secret Aardvark does - they worked through Bell Foods International in Salem who let them do tiny runs - something around 10 cases /mo iirc). Might be a bit of overkill for a single run...

But for commercial kitchens for rent, my wife has quite a bit of searching when she opened about 1 1/2 years ago (she has a raw foods business called Honey Mama's) and rents from here. http://seriousbusinesspastries.com/contact/
She thinks there may be time open

Another good local option is Kitchen Cru, they're in NW pdx. http://kitchencru.biz/ they are top notch and great

And Dash is another one. http://www.dashofpdx.com/ think they are in NE pdx.

Anyway, we head down to Hood River fairly often, usually ending up at 6th St. for lunch. Really love that place... (though lately we've been swayed to White Salmon to Everybody's). Anyway, will stop in the store when we do, hope to see your sauce there, or here in pdx

pm me if you want more info

ha, and hi*this here is post #1

Dave
InvisibleOrdinary is offline   Reply With Quote