Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #31
Poacher Bob
Persona non grata

Oddometer: 1,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
FWIW, if I was spending that kind of money on sompin that needed constant "tinkering with" it would be the authentic antique.

Edit; OTOH, I'd buy a brand new Willys CJ2a in a heartbeat, but it would have to have EFI, disc brakes and (unlike Ural) a modern 5-speed transmission)
Don't worry the BMW Elitists will be along shortly to show you ALL the errors of your ways...

Poacher Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #32
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher Bob View Post
Don't worry the BMW Elitists will be along shortly to show you ALL the errors of your ways...

I almost forgot I'm a BMW elitist and a new guy to sidecars compared to Bob, whether they are a true antique, or the latest German farm implement its all old technology at best, as much as I am not an HD guy they make a pretty decent tug, its torque that gets the damn things moving.DB
Old 02-24-2014, 05:25 AM   #33
Carl Childers
Ghost in the Machine

Oddometer: 330
Good thing I don't still have my Dnepr or I'd have the Ural guys kicking me around. Sheesh, the injustice of it all.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:55 AM   #34
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Childers View Post
Good thing I don't still have my Dnepr or I'd have the Ural guys kicking me around. Sheesh, the injustice of it all.
Carl you made my day
Old 02-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #35
warkshop OP
uncbob

Oddometer: 554
I am starting to look at this whole,,"oh you mean man" thing like girly magazines. Folks who would never 'read' them like to holler about them,,and huff and puff,,they don't have look at them. Just don't open one.

Folks who just find me so distasteful can chose (when they see my ugly byline appear) to just not look at that thread. Or better yet if they find my stuff of interset to toughen up and be willing to take a bit of smartass. They really should read my little bit that is on the bottom of all my posts. And take it to heart.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #36
Poacher Bob
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by warkshop View Post
I am starting to look at this whole,,"oh you mean man" thing like girly magazines. Folks who would never 'read' them like to holler about them,,and huff and puff,,they don't have look at them. Just don't open one..
Link to girly/sidecar pics?

Old 02-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #37
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Quote:
I am starting to look at this whole,,"oh you mean man" thing like girly magazines. Folks who would never 'read' them like to holler about them,,and huff and puff,,they don't have look at them. Just don't open one.

Folks who just find me so distasteful can chose (when they see my ugly byline appear) to just not look at that thread. Or better yet if they find my stuff of interset to toughen up and be willing to take a bit of smartass. They really should read my little bit that is on the bottom of all my posts. And take it to heart.
That's it Bob your the only sidecar installer in the country who actually knows who Oscar Wilde is and since I love a quote :
A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking.

- Jerry Seinfield
Old 02-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #38
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,569
Quote:
Or better yet if they find my stuff of interset to toughen up and be willing to take a bit of smartass. They really should read my little bit that is on the bottom of all my posts. And take it to heart.
You might hate the Russians, but got nutin' against the queers! Is their anti-gay law why you hate Russians?

Oscar Wilde's plays are light hearted fun, even in the way they take jabs at societal convention. Prolly better than prozack
JustKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #39
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher Bob View Post
Link to girly/sidecar pics?

Careful what you ask for :http://media.abum.com/image/19729.jpg
http://seniorjournal.com/NEWS/Sex/5-...cakeBikers.htm
I'll get it right one of these links :http://s.wallpaperhere.com/thumbnail...1/100_0855.jpg
This one cool enough to post :

davebig screwed with this post 02-24-2014 at 06:13 PM
davebig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:24 AM   #40
warkshop OP
uncbob

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--mjqNMJCvE...600/dane10.jpg

My my my,,,brings a smile to an old (ex racer) happily married man.

Oh,,,,and
Quote:
You might hate the Russians, but got nutin' against the queers! Is their anti-gay law why you hate Russians?
Hey i don't hate the Russians,,,just don't care for Putin,,,it is those wonderful, ever reliable motobikes they sell that i can't stand. Never in my garage! I take that back,,,i would love a K72, the only Ural that really is a copy of the BMW R71,,flat heads rule! Never have had any problem with those of the gay persuasion. What folks do in their bedrooms is their business,,,,,,now what they park in the garage leaves them wide open for smart ass comments,,,,see above,,hahahaha.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #41
Poacher Bob
Persona non grata

Enough of the internet dick swinging. What about the build thread?
Old 02-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #42
warkshop OP
uncbob

Hey!, that's all there is. If the Uralogists wouldn't pester me about my lack of sensitivity i could stay on topic easier, i've been a painter for 40 years, i'm easily distracted!
See one of the early posts where it mentions i don't have 'done with body' images. I am digging these out of my archives and the images weren't taken with social mediation in mind, they were for my customer and also my records.
I know the aesthetics are soooo important to many,,,i'll try and get more of them in future. The last images with the hack and bike mated on the lowers is all i've got. I did use one of my custom, curved adjustable struts for the front to give foot room with the HD forward control setup. The rear strut was a simple medium length standard USA built strut.
The outfit was good and 'tight' and handled well, easy to drive.
I'd guess the Ural tub, painted to match looked quite fitting and natural beside the old HD. I firmly believe in stout rigging and good aligment as the number 1 priority,,,,then the show and tell stuff,,,paint to match, all that.

I can't tell you how many people call me who have bought a hack,,,immediately taken the tub to the painter,,,then started wondering about rigging,,,never even thinking whether the hack and bike are a good match and or can even be successfully mated. Priorities!