Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #16
achtung3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
My two cents worth of personal experience!

I will go with my brothers or I go alone.

Have a great ride.
achtung3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #17
St_rydr
Strider

Oddometer: 5,530
I have meet one or two guys over my lifetime that have the dedication to prepare and plan enough to get a structured ride together and do it over seas.
That being said what you want to see may not be the groups ride or ideas or vice versa. I would plan it and have an alternative to succeed either way.

Try Smug Mug!
St_rydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #18
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
Never invite anyone you personally do not know imho. I have done it 3 years now and every time it turned sour! I will never invite anyone who I haven't camped with and find out they fit into my type of schedule......to each their own. but if you have a desitination or goal or even a daily want to do list type of thing perculating in your head, make damned sure whoever it is you invite is signed up for that thought process. If you do not hit it off, it will ruin your trip if you can't shake them loose or you can leave them on the side of the road and continue on. Never a good thing, but we have done just that also to keep the sanity of the trip.
Your trip, your $$$$, your time. and in the end your decission to make. I am riding solo this season because my usual group aren't available this summer for a long ride.....and I will NOT ask a newbie to join me...I HAVE learned my lesson.
I am off to England in 2 days for a 3 week stay with relatives.....no riding, too cold....I expect......but IF I can borrow a bike and it's warm enough, just maybe......Hmmmm....Never thought of that....lol
Old 02-24-2014, 02:16 PM   #19
Bodwick
Odd Bod

Oddometer: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by willys View Post
I am off to England in 2 days for a 3 week stay with relatives.....no riding, too cold....I expect......but IF I can borrow a bike and it's warm enough, just maybe......Hmmmm....Never thought of that....lol
The weather rotates between bright sunny days and windy rainy spells. It's been a very mild winter, very wet with lots of rain in places. We love talking about the weather...

Have fun...

To the op...

You need to draft out a plan and sit down to figure out what's expected of your trip by the others. What do they want to see and do and does that tie in with your plan. Are your idea's of a trip compatible?

If you can't agree on what to do and what to see at what rate then forget it.

Try a weekend at home first. See if you ride the same way...

Bodwick is offline   Reply With Quote