Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 06:48 PM   #31
Valker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
Where are the tools made?

Pretty good price if all tools are USA or other high quality source.

ac
I, too, would like this answer. I could not find it on your website.
Thanks.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #32
ternus
El Gran Camino

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
I, too, would like this answer. I could not find it on your website.
Thanks.
From looking at the pictures, the manufacturer of some of the tools appears to be Vessel, a Japanese company. http://www.vesseltools.com/

No idea where the RRR-branded wrenches are made, though.
ternus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #33
Valker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by ternus View Post
From looking at the pictures, the manufacturer of some of the tools appears to be Vessel, a Japanese company. http://www.vesseltools.com/

No idea where the RRR-branded wrenches are made, though.
Vessel is good stuff. I have a full set of their JIS screwdrivers.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #34
Afry
Why hike?

Oddometer: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilbikes View Post
That sparkplug set has a $7,000 patent protecting it against copies, but how soon and where do I capture that back? These are beautiful CNC pieces that look and feel like trophies. They are only available as part of my kit because they were specifically designed for it.
You might consider selling the spark plug set separately or educate us on why it needs to be part of the whole kit. I'm interested but not needing the whole kit.

Get on with riding or get on with dying - one or the other
Afry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #35
wizz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
Whats the total weight of the roll?
?
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #36
Ilbikes OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
The whole kitchen sink - 46 pieces, the tool roll, the Zip-Loc bag it's packed in, and the carton have a shipped weight of 4 lbs, 5 ounces. I figure folks will remove and add items as needed for each bike. Some will want to be prepared for anything, others pack for the bike they are riding. My intent was to make sure you have both options - so there a lot of tools in my roll.

Best Regards, Gordon
Ilbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #37
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,367
ordered.....best success to you.
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #38
avc8130
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilbikes View Post
The whole kitchen sink - 46 pieces, the tool roll, the Zip-Loc bag it's packed in, and the carton have a shipped weight of 4 lbs, 5 ounces. I figure folks will remove and add items as needed for each bike. Some will want to be prepared for anything, others pack for the bike they are riding. My intent was to make sure you have both options - so there a lot of tools in my roll.

Best Regards, Gordon
Gordon,

Are you ignoring the questions about Country of Origin for the tools on purpose?

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #39
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,401
I'm in for a set. Several of the components appear to be Vessel tools, which are high quality Japanese tools.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:24 PM   #40
Ilbikes OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Guys, more new stuff -

Please check out my new page titled - New and Cool Page

http://www.rrrtoolsolutions.com/new-and-cool-stuff.html

Here is a link to a short demo video that I made just to show how it works -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5pWX...ature=youtu.be

Check our my tool innovations at http://www.rrrtoolsolutions.com

Thanks, Gordon/RTS

Ilbikes screwed with this post 03-13-2014 at 08:19 AM
Old 03-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #41
ADKADVRider
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
Gordon,

Are you ignoring the questions about Country of Origin for the tools on purpose?

ac

Not that I'm against buying a product made in a foreign land but I find it interesting the reluctance to answer this question???

2012 F650GS Twin
ADKADVRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #42
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,401
Got my kit in today.

More to follow tomorrow. I just finished a 15 hour day, and I have to be back at work in about 7 hours.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Old 03-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #43
coyote223
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Got my kit in today.

More to follow tomorrow. I just finished a 15 hour day, and I have to be back at work in about 7 hours.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Do the tools show where they are made?
coyote223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #44
Ilbikes OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Guys, Yes - I was waiting for some of the kits to get into the hands of folks that could see/feel and judge the quality and usefulness based on the tools and not the country of origin. I spent the last 20 years of my career as a purchasing director and importing consultant. My department purchased 1/2 $ billion in products every year. Quality comes from design, specifications, tooling, and control. That corporate job? I came to hate it and the corporate policies that went with it. I quit in 2002 and started consulting.

I started this company because I could not find what I considered a good set of motorcycle tools. Combination wrenches certainly don't fit in my opinion. Phillips drivers don't belong either. 85% of the tool pieces are Vessel/Japan. I went to them and had specific changes made in their bits and drive tools to fit my RRR requirements. There are 11 items in the set that are exclusive to my kit, 1 is patented - the nesting sparkplug socket set. Those hand wrenches were designed by me and I specifically wanted the Satin Finish so they would be less likely to slip with greasy/wet hands. They are made by an OEM contractor that works with Vessel. They are made in Taiwan under strict guidlines and my specifications. I would have preferred the two socket extensions to be Satin too, but that would have doubled the cost for just looks - bad idea! The price of admission to have specific tools made, to get them at great prices, and still be exclusive? 40,000 pieces. Yes, it was a tough decision since I am a one-man operation.

The choices I made were Vessel drivers, ratchet, all bits (which had to be JIS and meeting their commercial assembly industrial standards (same materials as those made for car companies and air-drive tools, but shorter, custom lengths on all to fit my roll). The nesting sparkplug socket is made in South Carolina and is CNC machined from solid, billet steel and hardened 10mm keystock. The textile tool roll is 100% USA and is sewn by the fellow that does all of my seat restoration work and has for the last 10 years. He is a quality fanatic and sews these for me between his auto and motorcycle seat work.

I don't like pliers, never have for motorcycle repair. Their jaws leave a mess, but let's face it - you almost have to have them. I went for the highest "value" - product for a price. These are 6" slip-joint with wire cutters and rubberized handles China made and that cost is reflected in the kit price. They are 10 times better than what came in our bikes and 1/3 the cost. Same for the air-gauge, it's China too. While I would have loved to spend another $7.93 on the pliers I liked the most and $10.21 more on a super compact digital tire gauge, those 2 items would have added $15 more to the purchase price of the kit. Would folks pay for them? I ruled those two "wants" out.

Anyone could put together a comprehensive kit for $300. I tried to do it for 1/2 that. You'll get great hand and driver tools and tons of versatility from the selection. For the persons wanting tire irons, I figured those that knew how to use them probably already had them. I could not justify buying 1,000 or more "tire iron sets" so that I would get seriously discounted pricing. Same with pliers and tire gauge - if you have your favorites, toss these in bin and add yours to the roll. I try hard not to use a pliers tool, it was hard for me to spend $10 on a set that I would have to pass on.

I hope that I have not offended anyone. It was certainly not my intent. I do want to be a serious consideration for your next tool purchase. I think if you'll look at all 46 pieces in this kit, you'll see a lot of value packed inside. I want to offer all of you the same kit I "would have and did" build for myself.

I know I'm a new kid on the block here since I only came last year when I bought my DR, but check out my ebay ratings and history for over 12 years over 1,000 transactions (888 feedback score).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

My Sincere Regards, Gordon/RTS

Ilbikes screwed with this post 03-13-2014 at 06:33 AM
Old 03-13-2014, 03:23 AM   #45
Ishai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Got mine too. Watched the vid for the new sprocket Wrench- interesting.

First impression on kit- very nice, some nice ideas in there...

Thanks
Ishai
Ishai is offline   Reply With Quote