ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
Coastie3202 OP
King of the Mountain

Oddometer: 851
A Little Help from a Eugene Rider

The wife and I are relocating to the Eugene area next year and are looking for a place now.

Can someone in the Eugene area checkout a house for me? All I need is an opinion on the house and property, and location from the outside. So a simple ride by with a brief stop to take some pics would be great. I also want to know how close to the actual road the property is as I can't get Google Earth to tell me crap about it.

The house is here:

http://www.randreugeneproperties.idx...ingID=14536878

Any help would be appreciated by a cold beer once I get there.....okay, lunch too.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
tblume
deus ex machina

Oddometer: 1,985
Gimme a call.

54135975fourtyfive
tblume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
Coastie3202 OP
King of the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblume View Post
Gimme a call.

54135975fourtyfive
I will give you a call tomorrow. Heading off to a meeting right now. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #4
tblume
deus ex machina

Yup. Or call in an hour, get the whole group on conference call; it's meet up night.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
tblume
deus ex machina

It pops up on street view, talking to chipseal about the lack of well water out there- ask your real estate person about that.

Looks real close to the main road east towards eugene, I'd wonder about cars and trucks on the throttle and on the Jake brake stopping for the intersection.

Might have some light after dinner, if so I'll swing by.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:40 PM   #6
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,336
the house itself is fairly close to the road, but if you are concerned with traffic noise,,don't worry,,there is very little traffic on Central road.
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #7
tblume
deus ex machina

Ahem.... just there and watched a couple trucks on compression in 2nd going past the driveway headed for the stop, and every time I go out that way on the bike (good roads start there) I'm wringing out first and grabbing second at the driveway for the full throttle escape...

on the other hand, you're probably in the nicest place in that triangle of "town"
Old 03-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #8
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,449
I live about 12 miles NW of there. Nice area as long as you have water. Ask a lot of questions about the well, water quantity and water quality. Some places out there have excellent plentiful water and next door has absolutely none. You see quite a few people out there with water tanks in pickups for hauling domestic water. Central Rd. doesn't see a ton of traffic but it will see plenty of trucks during the day if they are working out that way. If you are looking for a secluded rural escape...keep looking. If you like small town life....nothing wrong with Crow. The store around the corner whips up a great hamburger and sells gasoline. You are within a short drive to pretty much everything. That area is desirable due to it's proximity to Eugene without having to live "in town".
Old 03-20-2014, 08:22 AM   #9
Coastie3202 OP
King of the Mountain

Great info from everyone. Thank you, and thanks to tblume for taking the time to ride out there.

Proximity to the road and the sound of truck jake breaks does not concern me terribly as long as it is not something that occurs all through the night.

Lack of well water however is another story. The listing says "great well", but I will certainly talk to the broker and ask more questions about that.

The only downside to the house is the lack of a garage, but if there is enough property I will probably just build my own detached so that I have a dry cozy place for the bikes and enough room for my shop work.

Thanks again. I look forward to getting moved out there so that I can participate in the gatherings.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #10
Coastie3202 OP
King of the Mountain

Well something must be up with that property when the listing agency advised against it. Hmmmmmmmm. Thank God for honesty.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #11
tblume
deus ex machina

Pan-O-Rama!

from the middle of the neighbor's parking lot;
your'e looking at the green house in the trees, you can see a bit of the detached shed/garage I think. south west facing slope, so winter sun partly.

The neighbors on the downhill (left) side of the volunteer FD are a pile of junk and a single wide with the fence torn down, uphill neighbors have a horse and a logtruck out in the field, and there's a bordering street that might access the property in question?

woulda got in the front yard but there appeared to be tenants stilll dwelling.

eMail inbound...

tblume screwed with this post 03-20-2014 at 05:26 PM
Old 03-20-2014, 05:38 PM   #12
Trinity_Session
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
Getting out of the "Land of Entrapment"? :) Just got out myself from Rio Rancho. Best of luck with your move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie3202 View Post
The wife and I are relocating to the Eugene area next year and are looking for a place now.

Can someone in the Eugene area checkout a house for me? All I need is an opinion on the house and property, and location from the outside. So a simple ride by with a brief stop to take some pics would be great. I also want to know how close to the actual road the property is as I can't get Google Earth to tell me crap about it.

The house is here:

http://www.randreugeneproperties.idx...ingID=14536878

Any help would be appreciated by a cold beer once I get there.....okay, lunch too.
Trinity_Session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #13
Coastie3202 OP
King of the Mountain

Thanks for the info and panoramic picture tblume. We have decided to focus our search to the Santa Clara area as it seems to have some decent homes at decent prices without being too stacked on top of each other. I really need to have a large backyard and detached or attached large garage so that the bikes have a place to live, and I have the workshop space that I want. We have one very good prospect right now and I notified the broker that I am working with in Eugene, so we'll see.

I like the idea of living within Eugene anyway as we have lived in this little dirt farmer New Mexico town for 20 years and I am ready for what Eugene can offer.

I am actually from Oregon...North Bend, Coos Bay...and we decided that after I retire from my second career...June 2015...we need to get back to the state we love.

I guess I need to start hanging out in the PACNW room so that I can at least get familiar with some of the inmates that I am sure I will end up riding with.

Thanks again for the help. I greatly appreciate it. Having someone on the ground there that can answer questions or give me their opinion is valuable to us.

John
Old 03-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #14
Coastie3202 OP
King of the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity_Session View Post
Getting out of the "Land of Entrapment"? :) Just got out myself from Rio Rancho. Best of luck with your move.
Congrats on getting out. I have started calling it the Land of Entitlement, and the northern part of the state is a cesspool, and 80 of the politicos in Santa Fe are on the dole.

But I won't jump on my soapbox, I will just leave.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:09 PM   #15
MikeinEugene
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,471
I'm in the Santa Clara area so could easily check out places for you with no troubles.

We're fixinta sell the big house we're in and seriously downsize soon but have a couple of projects to get out of the way first.
MikeinEugene is offline   Reply With Quote