Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2014, 04:33 AM   #16
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,889
I'm hooping that they are feeling the water and when they see the demand for these bikes actually come out with a whole new bike.

Anyway, there is a credible rumor out there that this is what's going on.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #17
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDud View Post
So did Honda leave cause we did not treat them rite last time ? I hope that the bikes are awsum and people buy them that are new to trials or old guys like me . If they can get more riders out, then stop the beating of the dead horse ! She lives once again ! Bet they are sweet I just hope they have a demo plan in mind ?
This will be, or is, the first time that U.S. Honda has imported 4RTs into the USA. It's kind of a big deal.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #18
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,283
After all, thirty eight years is a long stretch considering how many models we have missed!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:11 AM   #19
2feetdown
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
Yup, here you go -

Pretty damn impressive pig, eh?

Hmmm, let's see now. 12 World Outdoor championships just on a quickie check, the 4RT has been World Champ ongoing since 2006....I'd say the ankle weights are off. So how has Beta done in the World Championships in the past few years, eh bruddah??

BTW, shouldn't you be out setting our next Trial instead of picking on the Might of HRC?

Yeah but that pig has has had an extreme makeover and also been on biggest loser to get de-pigged and Bou could ride the box the bike came in up a tree

Seriously it is stirring some trials interest plus (see my torn between 2 bikes post) I am still torn maybe after i see her in person and see how she behaves I may no longer be torn or could get worse
2feetdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #20
LeShaghal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
ummmm....

a good bike lasts a lifetime*..
A Honda lasts a bloodline

*Unlikely with the bicycle frames they're calling trials bikes right now
LeShaghal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #21
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2feetdown View Post
Yeah but that pig has has had an extreme makeover and also been on biggest loser to get de-pigged and Bou could ride the box the bike came in up a tree

Oh I know all to well that Bou and Fuji's bikes are the most worked Works bikes on the planet. I was just beating on my buddy Gordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeShaghal View Post
a good bike lasts a lifetime*..
A Honda lasts a bloodline
Wow, I really like that.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #22
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

Oddometer: 678
Not ridden, but...

My buddy just texted me, look what showed up at his shop (West Honda, in Rio Rancho, NM)

He ought to have it on the floor tomorrow, more pics will follow. If ya want it, give him a call
BEEF706 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #23
motobene
Motoing for 43 years

Oddometer: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc21 View Post
I had Motobene fix my training weight issues... wow what an upgrade with the Red Line 2.5 oil and re-valve work he did to mine.
What I addressed was a shortcoming in the most available model, numbers-wise, the 2005. Don't know if the shock on the 2007 was is as slow as a 2005, but I suspect so. No wait, wasn't yours a 2006? (Alas the brain just doesn't remember as it used too...)

None of us know what precisely has changed over the many model years as the bike remains structurally almost identical to the original 2005. Part number did not change in the early years. We can only assume they updated the suspension and other details over the later years and including the latest effort. We do know FI and other changes were made, but not much else regarding fine details. Riders report being more satisfied with the 2007 model over a 2005, but after that it's pretty much a blank, for me anyway.

And there's that issue with Bou, Fujinami, and others. Those look like standard Repsols but they aren't. At least a credible direct observer told me so. Lots of titanium and who knows what else. Because Bou is unquestionably #1, the money has been there to support a solid factory effort over a few bikes. I'd certainly buy one if they were sold rather than parted up and crushed!

Last bit I heard was only 41 of the new model were brought into the US and all are spoken for. I heard one prominent historical TX rider sold his beloved `07, then was stood up by his source, so no new 4RT! Perhaps he will score one above retail? Unless one of these 41 turn their bikes this year....

As for right now, lots of speculation and not a lot of fresh poop to pick through

motobene screwed with this post 04-09-2014 at 09:25 AM
motobene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #24
motobene
Motoing for 43 years

Oddometer: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF706 View Post
My buddy just texted me, look what showed up at his shop (West Honda, in Rio Rancho, NM)

He ought to have it on the floor tomorrow, more pics will follow. If ya want it, give him a call
On the floor?? Were some bought on speculation? If so, my TX buddy will be able to score one somewhere.

Looking at that pic, I see a lot of 2005 in the basics. Even the top triple clamp retains the angled-back bar clamps reminiscent of the `80s of the 2005 (though for the tapered bars these days). A 9-year run with only details changed. All the other brands have gone fewer years to major changes in frames, plastic, suspension, etc. Can't argue with Montesa's success and loyal riders, however.
motobene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #25
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

My buddy showed me an email from American Honda, they did bring in a very limited number (I thought the number was 49 but it might have been 41, it definitely started with a 4), and they were VERY surprised at the reaction, they underestimated demand a LOT.
At any rate it is on his showroom floor, I'm gonna go drool on it today. It is for sale AFAIK, so if you know someone that got shut out have them call Terry at West Honda in Rio Rancho NM, (I'll get you the phone number). I really want him to do well with this one, because I want them to bring in a lot more in the future (when maybe I do have money available). If I had 9k at my disposal, this would be mine
Old 04-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #26
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

So I climbed around on this one, and there are cool little touches all over

It says Honda on the case, not HRC

Comes with S-3 pegs and sprockets

Lots of carbon bits

It wouldn't make me better, but I would sure feel cool
Old 04-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #27
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,765
Quote:
It says Honda on the case, not HRC
All 4RT's did. The 315R was the last Montesa to have HRC machined into the engine covers.

Quote:
Comes with S-3 pegs and sprockets

Lots of carbon bits

Rant on -

Alright, I'll go on record right here saying that it bugs the livin' hell out of me that this particular dealership, which treats it's employees like absolute s*it all year long (then rewards them at year-end by firing all of 'em) gets a 4RT, while the other, much more successful long-time Honda dealership, which treats it's long-term (some as long as 20 years) employees well, gets nothing. True, they are not a single-line dealership (so f*ckin what?!?), but that's the reason that Honda chose that chimp West over R&S????

I

Call

BULLSHIT!!!

Shame on you, Honda North America.

Rant over.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #28
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,889

They don't even know what they got while dealers that could sell many if them can't get even one.

That company seems lost in the wilderness. Sorry.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #29
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Not that I`m always a fan. I bought my 1977 XL350 from Alcon`s just after they bought Simonson Honda on San Pedro. Before that Alcon was the first that sponsored me on my Ossa . Trials sponsorships are few and far between. Where the hell is Rio Rancho, New York? R&S baby!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:18 PM   #30
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Beef, ask your buddies if they rode it. Does it run like a 125 xl or did they get the full power kit. Do they know at all?