ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2005, 12:04 PM   #31
Gregarious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Definition of a DRIPS team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry

some like it wet and cold...some dont...

curious.
This shouldn't even be a consideration for a DRIPS rider! Of COURSE we all ride all year round.

That's like asking how many Bavarians plan to drink during Oktoberfest!
Old 09-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #32
Davidovich650
KLR-ista

Oddometer: 245
The cage see's less and less commute time each year. Even rain isn't really a factor any more on two wheels (no problem this morning). Besides the days when I need to pick something up too large for a bike, about the only days I didn't ride last winter were due to weather - specifically ice. As I recall, I inadvertedly commuted to work on one of those ice days - too groggy in the morning to notice it until I was out in it. The next day, it was cage time. Kicking the backend out on my CB700 isn't quite the same as it is on the XR250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry

some like it wet and cold...some dont...

curious.
Davidovich650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:22 AM   #33
yota
Wayde

Oddometer: 111
I tend to ride more offroad in the winter as It keeps you warmer. But I bought an electric jacket this spring and now I can ride warm all winter. though If it is raining as in downpour riding on the road behind cars just sucks.

Yeah I ride all winter.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:29 AM   #34
SOLO LOBO
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 8,579
Let's see..17 years riding and and haven't missed one winter yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.
SOLO LOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 10:14 AM   #35
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,223
Howdy All,

Winter, snow, mud, YEAH bring it on, this is the first time in over 20 years that I am actually looking forward to winter riding or should I say driving

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 10:21 AM   #36
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer: 5,207
silly question

Of course I am riding all year, always have. Doesn't everybody?

I am scheduled to teach a S/TEP class up in Seattle for Evergreen in December!

of course this photo was taken in July
Old 09-17-2005, 05:51 PM   #37
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,139
Mr Cob, we missed you today in Duvall.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:01 PM   #38
Mr. Cob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Mr Cob, we missed you today in Duvall.
Howdy GSguy,

I was stuck doing domestic stuff today, if not, I was thinking of joining you folks one of these days at the Duvall play-ground. I am not familiar with that area, is it the type of terrain I could use the Ural on, if it's two track or better the Ural should do well and it would provide entertainment for the rest of you FF

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:02 PM   #39
Mr. Cob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Of course I am riding all year, always have. Doesn't everybody?

I am scheduled to teach a S/TEP class up in Seattle for Evergreen in December!

of course this photo was taken in July
Howdy RedMenace,

How much will the hack course cost, what will it cover, how do I get involved?

Old 09-17-2005, 07:46 PM   #40
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

:spam (since you asked :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob
Howdy RedMenace,

How much will the hack course cost, what will it cover, how do I get involved?
the course I am teaching this December in Seattle is through the Evergreen Safety Council-you can find out about it at their website:
Evergreen Safety Council Dave Somers will be the lead instructor for this class. Dave is well known in the Seattle sidecar scene and has been riding a Ural for a number of years. He is a great guy and I am looking forward to working with him.

I am teaching the exact same S/TEP class in Hood River, Oregon October 8~9. We are limited to 12 students but there are still a couple of openings. This class lists for
$190 but there is a $40 discount if you present a business card from a Ural dealer. You can find out about the Hood River class at my web site: Adventure Sidecar
To sign up, call Hood River Community Education (541)386-2055

ABOUT THE SIDECAR/TRIKE EDUCATION PROGRAM:

The Sidecar/Trike Education Program (S/TEP) is a training course provided for those interested in learning about safely piloting a sidecar rig or trike. This course is recognized by a growing number of national and regional insurance companies and state motorcycle programs.

To attend the course, you must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. You do not need prior motorcycle experience. The 16 hour course includes instruction on basic motorcycle operation and knowledge.

Successful completion of this course requires a minimum score of 80% on both the written test and the skills evaluation. Upon successful completion, students will be awarded a completion card issued through the Evergreen Safety Council S/TEP program. This card may qualify you for lower insurance premiums; check with your insurance carrier or agent to see if your insurance provides a discount for graduates of the S/TEP class.

• This course provides:
• Basic safety information and skills training for the novice three wheeled enthusiast.
• A comprehensive course handbook
• Sidecar motorcycles for your use on the training course
• Practical skills demonstrations and the opportunity to practice on a protected, off-street range.

COURSE COST AND REGISTRATION:

Adventure Sidecar offers the S/TEP class as a two day course through the Hood River Community Education program. The class begins 8:00 am, Saturday, October 8th, 2005 in room 2 of the Coe Building, Hood River School District Office, 1009 Eugene Street Hood River, Oregon.

The fee is $190 with a $40 discount if you present a business card from an Ural Dealer at the time of payment (phone registrations may mention they have the card when they call and bring the card with them to class to qualify for the discount). Hood River County residents are entitled to a $25 discount.

Payment for the course is required at the time of registration. Contact the Hood River Community Education program, (541)386-2055
Enrollment is limited to 12 students.

Contact Adventure Sidecar: info@adventuresidecar.com or visit our website: http://adventuresidecar.com/index.html for more information.

Old 09-17-2005, 07:50 PM   #41
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

IMWA rebate for training!

Almost forgot! The nice folks at IMWA who brought you that paragon of Russian enginering, the URAL, are offering a $125 rebate to customers who take a S/TEP class within a year of purchasing a new Ural. This applies to the Adventure Sidecar classes as well as the Evergreen Safety Council classes. Talk to your Ural dealer for details
Old 09-17-2005, 08:31 PM   #42
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob
Howdy GSguy,

I was stuck doing domestic stuff today, if not, I was thinking of joining you folks one of these days at the Duvall play-ground. I am not familiar with that area, is it the type of terrain I could use the Ural on, if it's two track or better the Ural should do well and it would provide entertainment for the rest of you FF
You could bring it along for most of it but part of what we did today you may need to lean it up on two wheels for a bit.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:15 AM   #43
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
You could bring it along for most of it but part of what we did today you may need to lean it up on two wheels for a bit.
If ya ever get the the chance, ride with the RedMenace, he takes is hack places that I think are tight for my F650

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:24 PM   #44
PacWestGS
Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer: 10,866
Drips

I didn't know we had a name, sounders good to me...

I admit that I do drive the cages at least once a week or less sometimes, just to keep them from falling apart. But I get in ... >10,000 miles a year (all 12-months) on the bike.

Capital Forest January '03 (I'm behind the lens)

Rain, shit the only time you won't see me in it, is the first day after a dry spell.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. (Albert Einstein)
PacWestGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:37 PM   #45
mr. matteeanne
Barned

Oddometer: 14,270
I love riding all day in violent storms, getting the shit beat out of me, freezing my ass off, then getting home to a warm fire and a cold beer, nothings better!