Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
Calvin Huang OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
how to register title in Ontario as a foreigner

Dear all

this is Calvin came from Hong Kong Asia and I am new in this forum. Recently I found a bike in Ontario Canada and keen to buy it and shipped to Hong Kong.

But I have no idea about Regulation in Canada. May I have your advise regarding how to transfer title/ownership under my name as foreigner once I buy it?

Does anybody knows the shipping company in the vicinity who can collect/crate and shipping it to Hong Kong?

Your feedback is highly appreciation for this urgent matter.

Regards

Calvin Huang
Calvin Huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
rbm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
When you buy the bike, the current owner will sign the transfer portion of the ownership papers and give it to you. The bike becomes your property. You would be well advised to obtain a UVIP from the current owner prior to concluding the purchase; it will tell you the bike's history and problems, such as liens and accidents.The following information outlines the complete used vehicle buying process:
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...Purchase-Guide

You probably can't register the title in your name for use on Canadian roads because you don't have a permanent Ontario address. Besides, your plan is to export the vehicle to Hong Kong so your research should concentrate on how to import the vehicle to Hong Kong.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #3
97oilhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
In Ontario, when you buy a motor vehicle, the seller is to sign and date the vehicle registration plus provide a bill of sale. The ministry of transportation in Ontario requires a "Seller's Package" for registering a private sale. The seller should have it, if not you can go to an MTO office and pay $20 and supply the VIN and they will print out; current and previous owners, whether it is branded meaning if there is a registered accident on the vehicle, whether there are any liens on the vehicle, provides a nice bill of sale with the VIN on it to be signed by the seller.

Buying the bike here is easy. I would check in Hong Kong what are the requirements to properly import and register the bike there. I have imported vehicles into Canada from the States and the hardest part is complying with the requirements in the importing country.

I would also check in Hong Kong for recommended shippers that companies deal with when importing items from Canada.

I type too slow.
'95 R100R Classic
97oilhead is offline   Reply With Quote