ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2005, 10:46 AM   #1
Road Rash OP
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,341
Dirt riding around Arlington Wa.

I'm heading up to Arlington this weekend to visit my son and will be packing my KLX400 so I can go riding with him, he has my old XT600. He hasn't done much riding around there except for Granit Falls. What is closer, better and less crowded, Granite Fallls or Walker Valley?
I PM'ed Mr. Cob to see if he's up to riding this Saturday (9/24) if any of you other FF's would like to show us around I would welcome it.

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:15 PM   #2
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rash
I'm heading up to Arlington this weekend to visit my son and will be packing my KLX400 so I can go riding with him, he has my old XT600. He hasn't done much riding around there except for Granit Falls. What is closer, better and less crowded, Granite Fallls or Walker Valley?
I PM'ed Mr. Cob to see if he's up to riding this Saturday (9/24) if any of you other FF's would like to show us around I would welcome it.

RR keep an eye out on the site if my shoulder feels a little better I maybe into a few hours. Right now I'm still having a little pain issue with the shoulder from Duvall 3
Old 09-19-2005, 05:23 AM   #3
CascadeThumper
Critical Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Spada Lake is always fun. Entrance/parking lot is just Southeast of Granite Falls and there's many miles of dirt and gravel. Ya might see a few quads climbing over the blackberries, too. I'm booked next weekend....but most any other time....Keep the wheels turnin'
CascadeThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:35 PM   #4
Road Rash OP
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
RR keep an eye out on the site if my shoulder feels a little better I maybe into a few hours. Right now I'm still having a little pain issue with the shoulder from Duvall 3
Oh just rub a little dirt on it and get back in the game

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 09-19-2005, 05:41 PM   #5
Road Rash OP
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CascadeThumper
Spada Lake is always fun. Entrance/parking lot is just Southeast of Granite Falls
Last time I rode with my son we met Mr. Cob at his place and he took us to a riding area about 5mi? out of Granite Falls would that be it?

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 09-19-2005, 06:19 PM   #6
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 6,529
Quote:
Last time I rode with my son we met Mr. Cob at his place and he took us to a riding area about 5mi? out of Granite Falls would that be it?
RR,

Yeah, I think thats it.

I'd be up for some FS road type stuff on Sat., you might be bored on the KLX. After Duvall 3, I'm sticking to gravel w/ Sybil.

Could check out FS 17/18 & the Firetower NW of Darrington: FS roads & doubletrack.

Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:41 PM   #7
Road Rash OP
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drunkard
I'd be up for some FS road type stuff on Sat., you might be bored on the KLX. Could check out FS 17/18 & the Firetower NW of Darrington: FS roads & doubletrack.
After riding to the firetower above Ukiah (where's Drityboy?) and the one in IDC, I like fire towers, great views Yeah I would get bored on the KLX riding nothing but fire roads, but this all about riding with my son, and he's still learning (the hard way) to muscle that XT600 around the single tracks after his last bike, a YZ125, kind of a steep learning curve

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 09-19-2005, 10:22 PM   #8
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
After riding to the firetower above Ukiah (where's Drityboy?) and the one in IDC, I like fire towers, great views Yeah I would get bored on the KLX riding nothing but fire roads, but this all about riding with my son, and he's still learning (the hard way) to muscle that XT600 around the single tracks after his last bike, a YZ125, kind of a steep learning curve
I might be up for somethin' on sunday but Im in the "Damaged DRZ" crowd at the moment...

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:14 AM   #9
Road Rash OP
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
I might be up for somethin' on sunday but Im in the "Damaged DRZ" crowd at the moment...
"Fix it"

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 09-20-2005, 07:09 AM   #10
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
"Fix it"

Aurora Suzuki says "parts are on order......"

Old 09-20-2005, 08:06 AM   #11
dirtyboy
Adrenaline junkie

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Howdy Tom! Sorry I'm a little slow to chime in on this one...been kinda buried since returning from vacation last week. Bummer about the timing, I'm already double-booked for the entire weekend and trying to decide what I'm going to do. And then work might screw it all up anyway.

Regarding ideas for riding near Arlington, I'm afraid I can't be much help. Walker Valley should be a good option as many of the trails are pretty forgiving and it should be easy enough to avoid the tougher stuff. After all, the only way your son is gonna get comfortable in the tight stuff is to ride the tight stuff, right? I've only ridden out there once but there's enough terrain to keep you busy and if you go on a weekend you should be able to find someone to give some advice on which trails to explore.

Most of my riding takes place to the south and east so I'm just not familiar enough with the area up there. Sorry I can't be more help...guess I'm just another useless FF. Hopefully some of the other local brethren can be more helpful!!

To everyone else,
RR is a great guy and you'll definitely have fun riding with him if you can make it. Just make sure he doesn't break out the teapot until after the riding's done...

Cheers,
db
dirtyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:23 AM   #12
Road Rash OP
Infamous

Hey dirtyboy, I've been meaning to contact you, the only thing I could understand on your voice mail I got on the way to IDC was that you had to go back home, it was all broke up. I hope all is well and we'll have to get together one of these days, I have some picture for ya from Ukiah.

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 09-21-2005, 10:47 AM   #13
dirtyboy
Adrenaline junkie

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Hey dirtyboy, I've been meaning to contact you, the only thing I could understand on your voice mail I got on the way to IDC was that you had to go back home, it was all broke up. I hope all is well and we'll have to get together one of these days, I have some picture for ya from Ukiah.
The short story is that when I was on my way to IDC and finally got into cell range, I found out that some stuff had come up over the weekend and I needed to get back to Seattle. I saw the photos you posted on your ride report. That was some fun riding down there, I want to go back with my enduro bike and explore some more. You can email me @ t509speed@yahoo.com if you have some photos you want to send.

Sorry I can't join you this weekend. Maybe we need to plan a group outing down near Ukiah?? I wonder how deep into Fall you can ride down there.

Cheers,
db
dirtyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:28 PM   #14
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

My parents might be coming through sat morning. If not then i'm in. Its almost been a whole week since I busted something....

Old 09-21-2005, 10:08 PM   #15
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
My parents might be coming through sat morning. If not then i'm in. Its almost been a whole week since I busted something....
Flying in from the mother land or are they over here now too. So you did not envite all your buddys to come meet them What afraid of what we might do or the pictures we may bring Hope you can make it, its always better to break more shit before you fix all the broken stuff