Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #31
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAC1680 View Post
Agreed bring back shiny bikes!
I also swore I'd never buy black much less matte but while looking for leftovers I was made an offer I couldn't refuse.

If it gets to looking ratty I'll sell it to a kid and he'll cover it in stickers anyway.....

Be Big,
AMAC
I guess I have bought a few bikes in colors I wasn't crazy about because they were such a great deal.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:55 PM   #32
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
The problem with shiny is that it scratches real easy. And dark colors seem to show scratches a lot more than light colors. I'm pretty none of the plastic parts on the Zuma 125 are painted, they are the same color on both sides. The matte black side and front panels should be the same as the inner leg shield, rear fender, and that panel below the front of the seat you remove to get to the valve covers. My white panels are white on both sides and the edges. Definitely no paint. Kinda like Tupperware.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #33
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
The problem with shiny is that it scratches real easy. And dark colors seem to show scratches a lot more than light colors. I'm pretty none of the plastic parts on the Zuma 125 are painted, they are the same color on both sides. The matte black side and front panels should be the same as the inner leg shield, rear fender, and that panel below the front of the seat you remove to get to the valve covers. My white panels are white on both sides and the edges. Definitely no paint. Kinda like Tupperware.
Jerry you find something to complain about no matter what.

Thank you for being something that can be counted on.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #34
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogordy View Post
Jerry you find something to complain about no matter what.

Thank you for being something that can be counted on.
I don't see how complaining about a finish on a scooter that doesn't hold up well is an issue. Besides, someone else already beat me to it. Please explain the reason for your post.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #35
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
Stopped by the Genuine dealer today to see if anything has updated? Seems like a giant case of "You know, I just don't know!". Supposedly its still supposed to ship like any day now but its not officially shipping until it ships. When the dealer ask Genuine directly they get pretty much nothing official. The dealer knows nothing more then we do at this point. They don't even have final specs yet.

I sense a level of concern if they will ever actually see it but I am sure at this point it will come just a question of when? When I told them the Hooligan 170 on paper looks to be the same size as a Zuma they seemed a bit unhappy as they were hoping for something a little larger.

This all just jibber jabber and nobody knows anything witch is not really unusual in this business. So the waiting game continues!
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:05 PM   #36
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabears View Post
I thought I read somewhere that the release was pushed back to late May? Am I making that up? Maybe on ModernBuddy...
I have been following Modern Buddy pretty closely and did not see anything like this. Not saying it was not discussed someplace on that forum though. I do agree though looking at the calender the end of May seems a little more likely at this point.

Today I did give an official verbal "letter of intent" to purchase a Red Grom when one shows up. My status with the dealer is such that my position is guaranteed and I get first pickings. This will hold as they continue to get Red Grom's in if I so choose to forfeit that delivery.

The timing of the Grom will depend on if I actually go through the Hooligan 170i.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #37
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I don't see how complaining about a finish on a scooter that doesn't hold up well is an issue. Besides, someone else already beat me to it. Please explain the reason for your post.
You are a chronic...complainer. Bellyaching about things eventually wearing out, aging, the cost of parts you dont actually need etc. Unless, of course its a bike YOUVE hitched your wagon to....then it's "character"!

Youre consistent....you never miss an opportunity to complain/worry/wring your hands in angst over an eventuality which may or may not even affect you.

Thats the reason for my post.

For the record....I had a Genuine Blackjack for 3 years with essentially the same flat black finish as the Hooligan appears to have and had zero issues with maintenance or durability-wise. Awesome scooter....lots of 'tude.

gogogordy screwed with this post 04-29-2014 at 09:56 PM
gogogordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:12 PM   #38
Oldenuftaknowbetter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 418
Scooterfile article

http://www.scooterfile.com/scooter-r...hooligan-170i/

No riding impression yet, but a good reveal of just what comes out of the PGO parts bins to build the Hooligan to Genuine specs for the US market.
Oldenuftaknowbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #39
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenuftaknowbetter View Post
Scooterfile article

http://www.scooterfile.com/scooter-r...hooligan-170i/

No riding impression yet, but a good reveal of just what comes out of the PGO parts bins to build the Hooligan to Genuine specs for the US market.
Just got done reading this article.

Some interesting comments related to size.

"The footprint of a 250cc scooter"

"The under-seat storage on the Hooligan 170i is one of the largest Ive seen on any scooter."

"The under-seat storage on the Hooligan 170i is one of the largest Ive seen on any scooter."

These comments lead me to believe this scooter is in fact much larger then its specs suggest. Hopefully this ends up being the case!

Still nothing on release date but it can't be long now.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #40
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,476
The good news is that the engine isn't just the 170i but the Blur 220 bottom end with 170i top end.

Maybe the higher horse rating of 15.3 is possible. Somehow that is the same HP rating as the SYM 171cc engine.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:46 PM   #41
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

I really hope we get some official news regarding a ship and release date soon.

I got another shuffle coming up and just trying to figure out what master plan but it really just depends on what comes in and when? Witch bikes end up getting traded for what and witch ones I finance and witch ones I pay cash for.

I hope the Hooligan 170 comes in first and I will trade the Super 8 150 and Agility 125 for that bike and finance the difference through my credit union. Then I hope the Grom comes in at least a few weeks after that and plan to pay cash for that one. Then in July the PCX125 will be traded for the new 2015 PCX150. That one I will either finance through Honda or pay cash depending on my cash position in July.

However if things start going screwy and or showing up at the same time I will reach critical overload and will have to forfeit one of them. Likely the Grom. Still trying to talk my self out of a Grom but the bike just looks more fun then a barrel of monkey's. You can't have a fleet of motorcycles and not have a Grom in the garage. However the reality is the Grom is least needed...a toy!

BTW, another Grom killer is my OTD price. I won't pay much over $3,900 but the last few my dealer sold they got $4,400 and in one case $4,900. $3,900 is totally realistic and fare unless they gouge on the fees witch they are doing on the Grom.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #42
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

Looks like a dealer posted on the Modern Buddy website that the Hooligan 170i will be out sometime in June now.

This may not be 100% golden but its probably what it is.

Not totally happy about this but i guess this will give my more time to get all my ducks in a row and come up with a master plan.

Just to make things go easier and freeing up some space in the garage I may part ways with my SH150i. Not sure yet and I really like the scooter. However with the new PCX150 coming and the possibility of a Grom and the Hooligan 170i I think its likely it will not get much time on the road.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #43
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul747 View Post
Looks like a dealer posted on the Modern Buddy website that the Hooligan 170i will be out sometime in June now.

This may not be 100% golden but its probably what it is.

Not totally happy about this but i guess this will give my more time to get all my ducks in a row and come up with a master plan.

Just to make things go easier and freeing up some space in the garage I may part ways with my SH150i. Not sure yet and I really like the scooter. However with the new PCX150 coming and the possibility of a Grom and the Hooligan 170i I think its likely it will not get much time on the road.
Why not list bikes for sale here when you want to get rid of them? I have sold a lot of stuff here, plenty of bikes too.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #44
AMAC1680
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
My local dealer would not commit to a release date.

Be Big,
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
AMAC1680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #45
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Why not list bikes for sale here when you want to get rid of them? I have sold a lot of stuff here, plenty of bikes too.
I may give that a shot when the time comes. I don't mind trading and loosing a bit for the sake of convenience but lately the spread between dealer wholesale and retail will make you gag.

Really curious why the continued delays with the Hooligan 170i? Is it simply a case of getting the supply up so all dealers have an equal opportunity? Or is it some design issue they are trying to sort out?

I am starting to get nervous enough that I may back burner the Hooligan 170i until the fall just in case any bugs show up.