Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 06:48 PM   #46
Dabears
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,091
Love the storage, love the cargo hooks on the floorboard.

Preparing myself to be disappointed when they give the road test. Sure hope they prove me wrong!

2012 SYM HD200 Evo
2006 R1200GS
1980 Vespa P200E
Dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #47
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 2,962
The good news is that the engine isn't just the 170i but the Blur 220 bottom end with 170i top end.

Maybe the higher horse rating of 15.3 is possible. Somehow that is the same HP rating as the SYM 171cc engine.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #48
longhaul747 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
I really hope we get some official news regarding a ship and release date soon.

I got another shuffle coming up and just trying to figure out what master plan but it really just depends on what comes in and when? Witch bikes end up getting traded for what and witch ones I finance and witch ones I pay cash for.

I hope the Hooligan 170 comes in first and I will trade the Super 8 150 and Agility 125 for that bike and finance the difference through my credit union. Then I hope the Grom comes in at least a few weeks after that and plan to pay cash for that one. Then in July the PCX125 will be traded for the new 2015 PCX150. That one I will either finance through Honda or pay cash depending on my cash position in July.

However if things start going screwy and or showing up at the same time I will reach critical overload and will have to forfeit one of them. Likely the Grom. Still trying to talk my self out of a Grom but the bike just looks more fun then a barrel of monkey's. You can't have a fleet of motorcycles and not have a Grom in the garage. However the reality is the Grom is least needed...a toy!

BTW, another Grom killer is my OTD price. I won't pay much over $3,900 but the last few my dealer sold they got $4,400 and in one case $4,900. $3,900 is totally realistic and fare unless they gouge on the fees witch they are doing on the Grom.
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:12 AM   #49
longhaul747 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Looks like a dealer posted on the Modern Buddy website that the Hooligan 170i will be out sometime in June now.

This may not be 100% golden but its probably what it is.

Not totally happy about this but i guess this will give my more time to get all my ducks in a row and come up with a master plan.

Just to make things go easier and freeing up some space in the garage I may part ways with my SH150i. Not sure yet and I really like the scooter. However with the new PCX150 coming and the possibility of a Grom and the Hooligan 170i I think its likely it will not get much time on the road.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #50
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 2,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul747 View Post
Looks like a dealer posted on the Modern Buddy website that the Hooligan 170i will be out sometime in June now.

This may not be 100% golden but its probably what it is.

Not totally happy about this but i guess this will give my more time to get all my ducks in a row and come up with a master plan.

Just to make things go easier and freeing up some space in the garage I may part ways with my SH150i. Not sure yet and I really like the scooter. However with the new PCX150 coming and the possibility of a Grom and the Hooligan 170i I think its likely it will not get much time on the road.
Why not list bikes for sale here when you want to get rid of them? I have sold a lot of stuff here, plenty of bikes too.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #51
AMAC1680
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
My local dealer would not commit to a release date.

Be Big,
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
AMAC1680 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:47 AM   #52
longhaul747 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Why not list bikes for sale here when you want to get rid of them? I have sold a lot of stuff here, plenty of bikes too.
I may give that a shot when the time comes. I don't mind trading and loosing a bit for the sake of convenience but lately the spread between dealer wholesale and retail will make you gag.

Really curious why the continued delays with the Hooligan 170i? Is it simply a case of getting the supply up so all dealers have an equal opportunity? Or is it some design issue they are trying to sort out?

I am starting to get nervous enough that I may back burner the Hooligan 170i until the fall just in case any bugs show up.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #53
DaBinChe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
Quote:
I may part ways with my SH150i. Not sure yet and I really like the scooter. However with the new PCX150 coming and the possibility of a Grom and the Hooligan 170i I think its likely it will not get much time on the road.
Not sure why you would give up a the sh150 a better and higher end scoot then the pcx150. In markets that sells both the sh150 is the higher model. You are also giving up 2-3hp too, sh150 has 15.5hp. Storage on the the sh and pcx is about the same. Sh does have 16" wheels compared to the pcx 14" wheels. In this case newer is not better. Not sure of the hooligan170 either. Don't fool yourself and have regrets. I know there is always the feeling of novelty but that wears off quick. The sh150 is a superior scoot, best in it's class. Even the newer sh150 they have in europe isn't as good as the previous one. Again newer isn't always better.
DaBinChe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #54
longhaul747 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBinChe View Post
Not sure why you would give up a the sh150 a better and higher end scoot then the pcx150. In markets that sells both the sh150 is the higher model. You are also giving up 2-3hp too, sh150 has 15.5hp. Storage on the the sh and pcx is about the same. Sh does have 16" wheels compared to the pcx 14" wheels. In this case newer is not better. Not sure of the hooligan170 either. Don't fool yourself and have regrets. I know there is always the feeling of novelty but that wears off quick. The sh150 is a superior scoot, best in it's class. Even the newer sh150 they have in europe isn't as good as the previous one. Again newer isn't always better.
Yeah its still being debated and you bring up valid points. It is a good scoot and despite being only 150cc's it seems to have plenty of power and even some reserve power. Seems to pull off a pretty solid 90 MPG most of the time anyway. I think lowest was like 84 MPG one time.

It was really just random thought witch I may or may not exercise. I know if I get rid of it I will probably regret it. I bought it used for a good price so its not like I would take a huge hit if I bought it new.

Despite only having 3,100 miles on it when I bought its well used. It had been knocked over on its left side. I did some temporary repairs with a black sharpie. Actually turned out pretty good. Its got a nice crack in the clear plastic cover for the speedometer. Because the previous owner road it in all weather including salted roads it has some corrosion around the engine. I have cleaned up and neutralized most of it now. Also the previous owner tried to modify the stock muffler for a louder sound. However it looks ugly and sounds like a loud beer fart from hell. Been trying to source a used take off stock muffler on ebay with little luck but I am sure one will turn up eventually.

Its not really in that bad of shape but definitely not how I like to keep them. In a way that is a good thing because its the scooter I ride in not so good weather and care a little less about.

Definitely first on the chopping block is the Agility 125 and the Super 8 150. Then the PCX125 after that. Probably only part with the SH150 if I get short on room or I want to pad the budget.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #55
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,534
I have always been an impulse buyer, and regretted it more often than not. My current collection is pretty much what I want. I was going to sell the Zuma 125 and get something else, but after giving it some thought, I decided it was a perfectly good scooter, so I am just going to modify it a bit. Parts should start showing up anytime.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:15 PM   #56
longhaul747 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Looks like these have started to ship.

Hopefully I get a call at some point next week and I can have a look and take it for a spin of they allow it. They usually do!

If its larger then a Zuma and runs strong I might take it home. Little worried about the OTD price and they will likely be sticklers since its brand new and in season. I don't mind paying MSRP plus government fees and a Doc fee is pretty mandatory now but everything else just gives me a headache.

Just bought a new washer and dryer. Not only was the set $500 off MSRP but they did not have any sort of freight fee. It weighs more then the Hooligan I am sure. Why this charge was decided to be passed on to the consumer in such a scale kind of baffles me.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #57
longhaul747 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Stopped by the local Genuine dealer this morning. They were not aware that the Hooligan actually shipped but they have taken my word that it did. For the record they just opened in the morning after being closed for 2 days so they will probably find out officially in short order. They said it will take about a week for the warehouse to get it and then another week to put it together. Then it goes on a truck loaded with several other bikes for them and other dealers. It is then 3 or 4 days of the driver making drop offs around the state. So they estimated they will probably have it in 2 weeks. With a bit of luck maybe a bit sooner.

I was like you would think a brand new product like this would be a bit more urgent but I guess not.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #58
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,534
Quote:
Looks like these have started to ship.

Hopefully I get a call at some point next week and I can have a look and take it for a spin of they allow it. They usually do!

If its larger then a Zuma and runs strong I might take it home. Little worried about the OTD price and they will likely be sticklers since its brand new and in season. I don't mind paying MSRP plus government fees and a Doc fee is pretty mandatory now but everything else just gives me a headache.

Just bought a new washer and dryer. Not only was the set $500 off MSRP but they did not have any sort of freight fee. It weighs more then the Hooligan I am sure. Why this charge was decided to be passed on to the consumer in such a scale kind of baffles me.
Pure dealer greed. No further comment.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #59
Dabears
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,091
First Ride Article- Hooligan 170i

http://www.scooterfile.com/scooter-r...hooligan-170i/

At first I thought this was the same article as the one posted a few pages back, but then realized it now was focused on actual riding impressions....Enjoy.

2012 SYM HD200 Evo
2006 R1200GS
1980 Vespa P200E
Dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #60
longhaul747 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabears View Post
http://www.scooterfile.com/scooter-r...hooligan-170i/

At first I thought this was the same article as the one posted a few pages back, but then realized it now was focused on actual riding impressions....Enjoy.
Seems mostly positive however I am still reserved on the comments about how "BIG" this scooter is. Looking at the wheels it looks about the same size as a Zuma 125 witch is a fairly "SMALL" scooter. Of coarse design of the scooter can have a big impact. For example my Elite 110 is a small scooter but for all purposes it feels like a big scooter.

I am also concerned about overall fit and finish. I seem some minor details that don't look real good in the pictures. However its likely the one used in this review is a pre production sample.

Again I just need to see it in the flesh and if I like what I see I may add it to the stable.

That is if my Genuine dealer in the area ever actually gets it. If I owned a dealer and had customers waiting I would have the first batch drop shipped direct at the dealer. Instead they use a warehouse 50 miles south of here. They arrive there and then when they get around to it they put it together. Then it gets loaded on a flat bed truck for delivery around the state and this alone can add 3 or 4 days. Basically this additional process adds about 2 weeks to the process.

One dealer in the area I do a lot of business with does it both ways. For your normal every day stuff they use the same warehouse. However for brand new and hot sellers they get direct from the manufacture. This way they have them on the sales floor before anyone else in most cases.