Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2014, 07:17 AM   #91
AMAC1680
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabears View Post
AMAC-

You noted "Kymco Downtown and Myroad right SYM Citycom and HD right." Did you mean HD200? I don't see one in any of your pictures. I do know a dealer in Jax advertises HD200s on Craigslist all the time- thought this might be the place.

Also, in fairness to Genuine- there is another dealer in Atlanta that has two locations that I have not been to, and they don't post their inventory online. They do however show a Hooligan advert on their webpage so maybe they got or will soon get some. Their focus is on SE Asian scooters, so I can see them more interested in the Hooligan and the SYM HDs than a dealer who is first and foremost a Vespa shop (and now the only remaining Vespa dealer in Atlanta). Hard to fault them when they have so much inventory tied up in beautiful Italians
Yeah bad captions or directionally challenged!
It's the dealer you're thinking of and there are a couple of HD200 there. The selection has led me down the "impulse" buy mode a few times.

Say what we will about SYM/Lance but as far as getting this style scooter to market they did it right. Announce, promote, supply, deliver.

Maybe Genuine was rushed after the alleged Facebook leak of the Hooligan. Or they were pushed by the knowledge of other more "price point" scoots of that style on the way.

For the record the Cabo 125 is a nice scoot. They had no 150s yet. Solid ,looks good and It preforms well. The controls and some little things show where that price point was reached. Hard to beat for the money.

And so it goes.

Be Big
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
AMAC1680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #92
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAC1680 View Post
Yeah bad captions or directionally challenged!
It's the dealer you're thinking of and there are a couple of HD200 there. The selection has led me down the "impulse" buy mode a few times.

Say what we will about SYM/Lance but as far as getting this style scooter to market they did it right. Announce, promote, supply, deliver.

Maybe Genuine was rushed after the alleged Facebook leak of the Hooligan. Or they were pushed by the knowledge of other more "price point" scoots of that style on the way.

For the record the Cabo 125 is a nice scoot. They had no 150s yet. Solid ,looks good and It preforms well. The controls and some little things show where that price point was reached. Hard to beat for the money.

And so it goes.

Be Big
AMAC
Admittedly The Cabo 125-150 are starting to look pretty good and come in at a very attractive price point. If only they were fuel injected and had a more solid dealer network and support in my area.
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #93
AMAC1680
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul747 View Post
Admittedly The Cabo 125-150 are starting to look pretty good and come in at a very attractive price point. If only they were fuel injected and had a more solid dealer network and support in my area.
The carb wouldn't bother me, lack of a good dealer would.

Be Big,
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
Old 05-28-2014, 11:18 PM   #94
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,470
Still waiting on some reviews of the Hooligan and tthe Cabo. The Cabo needs its own thread. Its dash is much better than the Hooligan's. All digital and you can change the color of the read out. I will swing by the dealer tomorrow and see if either of these have come in.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:52 PM   #95
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Still waiting on some reviews of the Hooligan and tthe Cabo. The Cabo needs its own thread. Its dash is much better than the Hooligan's. All digital and you can change the color of the read out. I will swing by the dealer tomorrow and see if either of these have come in.
Yeah I would like to see a review and even better real world user reviews of the Cabo. Also be interesting in seeing how the Cabo 125 fares against the Cabo 150. The real world results may be surprising. I have an Agility 125 and the Super 8 150. Believe it or not in some cases the Agility 125 feels a bit quicker around town. Of coarse the Super 8 150 has a little more top speed but only by a few MPH. As for MPG I get 85 MPG on the Agility 125 but the Super 8 150 gets 65 MPG. A pretty sizable decrease for not much more power and speed.

Back to the Agility 125 I spent the day on it yesterday. Really its an impressive and affordable scooter. Really hate to see it go. Maybe I will have a change of heart? Who Knows!

I was hoping for some reason I got the call about the Hooligan today. I have a feeling it may end up being a few more weeks if not a tad longer.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:44 AM   #96
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

The Lance website says the 150 gets 89mph with a 65mph top speed. 10.x HP.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:32 AM   #97
AMAC1680
Studly Adventurer

Lance SYM Cabo 150

Specifications:
Engine / Drive Train
Displacement: 150cc
Horsepower: 10.3 HP
Max Power [kw/(r/min)]: 5.88/7500
Max Torque [n.m/(r/min)]: 10.8/6000
Cooling System: Air Cooled
Transmission: Automatic
Drive: Belt
Starter: Electric / Kick
Ignition: CDI
Top Speed: 65+ MPH (Depending on Riders Weight and Road Conditions)
Chasis / Suspension / Brakes
Frame: High Strength Steel
Front Suspension: Telescopic Forks
Rear Suspension: Unit Swing
Front Brakes: Hydraulic Disc (190mm)
Rear Brakes: Drum (130mm)
Front Tires: 120/70 - 12
Rear Tires: 130/70 - 12
Controls / Safety
Lighting: Headlight (High & Low Beams), Tail Light, Front & Rear Turn Signals
Controls: Front & Rear Brake Levers, Keyed Ignition, Headlight Switch, Horn, Emergency Shut-Off Switch, Odometer, Fuel Gauge, Speedometer
Capacities / Dimensions
Weight Capacity: 333 Lbs
Net Weight: 240 Lbs
Ground Clearance: 8.1"
Length: 75"
Width: 27"
Height: 48"
Seat Height: 30"
Wheelbase: 52"
Fuel Capacity: 1.37 Gal
Age Recommendation: 16+
Others
Free: Free Decals, Tool Kit, Tech Support
Government Certifications: EPA Approved, DOT Approved Street Legal, C.A.R.B. Approved in CA.
Additional Info
Limited Warranty: 24 Months
.................................................. ..................
Those are the same specs as the PCH.

Be Big,
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
Old 05-29-2014, 05:14 AM   #98
AMAC1680
Studly Adventurer

I looks like it's a PCH with a facelift.

As far as Alliance I have other questions.
It seem the plan is to offer many, maybe too many, different scoots of different faces but built on the same underpinnings.

Its a cost effective method of trying to please many tastes. They should have parts as the motors etal are interchangeable. Price points will stay low.

But it's going to be hell on stocking dealers. That's a ton of scoots between the SYM and the Lance. Many simply will compete against each other.

Be Big,
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
Old 05-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #99
AMAC1680
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabears View Post
Amac- i added an edit above- Do you know if Lance are made by SYM China or SYM Taiwan? They used to be China, but read a couple of threads elsewhere to contradict that....
I also heard Taiwan but I'll try to get a answer from a source I trust.

I have an early Lance Cali Classic, 2010 that I know was a china built scoot. That said its all SYM ceramic coat etc and this summer it will hit 10,000 miles with nothing but fluids and a valve adjust. Its a soild little scooter for sure. Bought it leftover in 2012 for $1300.00 out the door.

I always say you can't sell what's not on the shelf. For SYM they need shelves succeed. They sell a ton of them here in Florida.

I hope to see a 150 to test when I get home next week.

Be Big,
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
Old 05-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #100
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

I just wish we had more then 1 dealer in the area that carried Sym and Lance. Its in the hardest part of town to get at and the street is loaded with hookers and dope heads. Despite a solid reputation and being in business for years they seemed a little flaky when I was last in there. Not even sure if they actually carry Sym and Lance in stock. They have a lot of real inventory on the website but for the Sym and Lance stuff its all stock footage.

I know scooter sales are up a bit in my area and I know some of the big dealers selling the Japanese Big 4 are looking for more options in the scooter department. Hopefully one of them picks up Sym and Lance at some point.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #101
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Hit the SYM/Genuine dealer and they have the 50cc Cabo. Initially thought it leaked cool in pics but seeing it up close you know the skimped on a lot to meet the price point. As noted it is just a PCH with different tires, front bodywork/headlights and handlebar and gauges.

The gauges do constantly change color.

Looked like a cheap bike with lower quality running gear than Genuine, Piaggio, or Japanese bikes.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #102
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Hit the SYM/Genuine dealer and they have the 50cc Cabo. Initially thought it leaked cool in pics but seeing it up close you know the skimped on a lot to meet the price point. As noted it is just a PCH with different tires, front bodywork/headlights and handlebar and gauges.

The gauges do constantly change color.

Looked like a cheap bike with lower quality running gear than Genuine, Piaggio, or Japanese bikes.
Thanks for the heads up on the Cabo. I remember reading an online review about the PCH 125. They liked it but ripped its fit and finish witch I guess is to be expected at its price point. I am sure mechanically they are pretty solid but you do have to expect some fit and finish issues.

The Agility 125 for example is a nice package and pretty well put together but it has a lot of cheapness as well.

Did you dealer have any Hooligan's by any chance? I have not had the time to check back with my dealer but they are suppose to call me as soon as it comes in off the truck. So far that has not happened. Not really digging it any longer. If this is a slow supply issue then dealers will want more money and less willing to negotiate. I think the Hooligan is over priced as is.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #103
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul747 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the Cabo. I remember reading an online review about the PCH 125. They liked it but ripped its fit and finish witch I guess is to be expected at its price point. I am sure mechanically they are pretty solid but you do have to expect some fit and finish issues.

The Agility 125 for example is a nice package and pretty well put together but it has a lot of cheapness as well.

Did you dealer have any Hooligan's by any chance? I have not had the time to check back with my dealer but they are suppose to call me as soon as it comes in off the truck. So far that has not happened. Not really digging it any longer. If this is a slow supply issue then dealers will want more money and less willing to negotiate. I think the Hooligan is over priced as is.
No Hooligan. He said he is trying to get one.

The thing about the Cabo that was a major turn off was the signal mounts and brake levers were made of sheet pot metal. I wrote it off the more I looked it over.

brianwheelies screwed with this post 05-30-2014 at 06:44 PM
Old 05-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #104
CaptnJim
Scootist

Oddometer: 1,097
Manufacturers must feel there is a market for bikes made to a price point, rather than make it with quality parts. One can always make something "nicer," but it would be tough to be the one who decides, "Yeah, that's good enough for our customers."
Old 05-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #105
AMAC1680
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJim View Post
Manufacturers must feel there is a market for bikes made to a price point, rather than make it with quality parts. One can always make something "nicer," but it would be tough to be the one who decides, "Yeah, that's good enough for our customers."
Not tough very simple.
There is a large market for price point entry level, always has been and always will be. Just because a company chooses to market to the masses doesn't make it a "good enough" thing.

Remember that's where Honda started out here.

The idea of competing with the drop shippers is sound. For a few hundred more bucks than a Internet buy you get a B&M dealer, 24 month warranty and a better all around scoot.

I've looked at , touched and rode both the Hooligan and the Cabo 125.
Both have soild motors, frames , tires ,brakes etc.

The real difference comes in the quality of the controls, switches and the like. I'll tell you that the genuine was leaps and bounds ahead of the Cabo on that stuff. It's an $1100.00 difference and IMO the upgraded stuff on the Hooligan is not worth another grand plus.

Capt you make your living on the water so ill present this.
Bayliner. Back in the day US Marine invented boat, motor, trailer price point boating. Even though they took a ton of crap for being "cheap" the industry followed.

Even today you'll hear the jokes "why do the 2014 bayliners have glass bottoms"? To see last years models.

Only problem with the joke is I can't take my boat put without seeing tons of 20 plus year old bayliners.

Yes sir always room for good enough.
You and I may be able to reach high on the self but many, many others look for the utility of value.

Of course the real value is buying used. But then you don't get that "factory fresh" feeling.lol

Be Big,
AMAC

Opps almost forgot. These scooters aren't aimed at you and I. Matte black "rat scoots" with a hip look. No we are not the target demographic on this stuff. Its a younger crowd with less extra cash in the pocket.
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125

AMAC1680 screwed with this post 05-30-2014 at 07:55 PM