ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2005, 07:57 PM   #16
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
If you go, I'll go.
Oh so if I go you wont make it So what am I choped liver to you now
Old 09-22-2005, 08:08 PM   #17
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Chopped SHOULDER!

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:14 PM   #18
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Ok, let's plan on going. If it's raining Tuesday I might back out, just because I want to do some photography and my portfolio doesn't need any more gray scenes. After all, this is supposed to be a good day of riding before the bad weather sets in. We'll have all winter to ride in the rain. Let's get the ferry schedule worked out. Dave you're in. Dale, suck it up and ride. It's a road trip.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:40 PM   #19
toothy
Grin

Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
No actually, if you can get all "craigs list crazy" and getcher self a drz then so can I. Although the Harley has to go first, Mamma says no more than two (who am I kidding) bikes at once.

So there.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:21 PM   #20
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteeanne
Getting colder, lets get a good days ride in while the gettin's good. I found a nice road from Quilcene to Sequim, all off road, and then perhaps up to Hurricane Ridge, and then there is another dirt road at the top of hurricane ridge! Cmon, ya know ya wanna!
Leave Poulsbo around 9am, be in Quilcene about 9:45, Who's in?
It looks like Toothy and I will be coming and hopefully GSGuy. Just where in Poulsbo do you want to meet at 9:00. We'll take the 7:55 ferry from Seattle. I definitely want to ride up to hurricane Ridge. I wouldn't hurt to have cell numbers by then either. I'll PM you as it gets closer.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:28 PM   #21
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Quote:
No actually, if you can get all "craigs list crazy" and getcher self a drz then so can I. Although the Harley has to go first, Mamma says no more than two (who am I kidding) bikes at once.

So there.
Now remember I did loose a bike to make room for the DRZ it was just not on my terms.

Toothy, I think I sent you my cell number when you were on the island with the family let me know if you still have it and Lacey, check your pm. I think I'm in on this one and Lacey, you still up for a ride back to the water fall and then maybe some Sultan basin time on Monday? I think if I spend those two days riding my wife may pull the plug on this weekend and meeting up with RR up in the Arlington area, sorry RR.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:35 PM   #22
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Quote:
Now remember I did loose a bike to make room for the DRZ it was just not on my terms.

Toothy, I think I sent you my cell number when you were on the island with the family let me know if you still have it and Lacey, check your pm. I think I'm in on this one and Lacey, you still up for a ride back to the water fall and then maybe some Sultan basin time on Monday? I think if I spend those two days riding my wife may pull the plug on this weekend and meeting up with RR up in the Arlington area, sorry RR.
I'd like to go back to the waterfall Monday. What ever you think is more fun if time is a concern. I'd be a very bad boy if I went riding all three days; Sun, Mon, and Tue. Tuesday is on my schedule for sure. We can always go to the waterfall another sunny fall day. I'm still game for Monday though, it just needs to be a 9-2 ride.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:46 PM   #23
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

9-2 monday sounds just about right for me. I think hit the water fall first on our way out. I don't know how long you think your going to be there but maybe take a rough guess and then head out to Sultan basin and I just wanted to poke around a little at some of the old spots if there still there from about 17 years ago when my buddys and I would ride out there before we all got stupid and married.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:50 PM   #24
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Stosh, you reading any of this Can you get a little time away during the week
Old 09-22-2005, 11:32 PM   #25
mr. matteeanne OP
Bender can pass him

Oddometer: 14,279
Quote:
Yellow GS, I biffed in the mud and the miracle of engineering that is the horizontal cylinder stopped my 600 pound machine from cascading down a cliff. Was that you on the red KLR that helped me up?
That was me, I never did send you the pics, there sweet! And I aint smart nuff' to postem here....
Old 09-22-2005, 11:37 PM   #26
toothy
Grin

Quote:
That was me, I never did send you the pics, there sweet! And I aint smart nuff' to postem here....
Well, seeya toosday then!
Old 09-23-2005, 01:50 AM   #27
mr. matteeanne OP
Bender can pass him

So if everyone is taking the Seattle Bainbridge Ferry, lets meet at Mitzel's restaurant in Poulsbo. Left side of highway, 3 traffic lights into the city. Toothy knows where.
9-2 hmmmm. As in go home at 2, or be home at 2? The off road from Quilcene to Sequim is a long haul, all off road (Maybe 1.5-2 hours). The Sequim to Hurricane is another 40 minutes too. Hurricane to the ultimate off road ride from the summit is about 30 minutes.. Likely no time for a lunch break, perhaps everyone pack a sandwich?
In defense of the weather, if they are the low clouds that are now predicted (with no rain predicted) we will be going through many mountain passes off road, and will spend most of the day above the clouds, with quite a majestic view of the clouds below, some great photo ops. But bring a slicker just in case. Last time Dave (toothy grin?) and I were up there it was a thunder storm, actually pretty cool, but again, NO RAIN IS CURRENTLY FORCAST!
SO, back to the 9-2 thing... IS this set in stone? Will there be wives to answer to? (gulp)
Cause I know lots of twisties to get us from point A-B, but they take extra time, should I redesign the course? Should we just head up to Hurricane? I would hate for anyone to miss Penny Creek road if it's dry, some fine ass twisties with no speed limit, all paved, with freekin green rooster tails, I mean c'mon.....
Also, as an added incetive, most of the wildlife, Elk, Bear, Deer, etc will be coming back down before the weather changes for winter, should be a regular wild animal park out there.
Email me at matteeanne@earthlink.net
Old 09-23-2005, 01:51 AM   #28
mr. matteeanne OP
Bender can pass him

PS, Hurricane is a National Park, $8.00 (I think) to get in....FYI
Old 09-23-2005, 08:50 AM   #29
toothy
Grin

Quote:
PS, Hurricane is a National Park, $8.00 (I think) to get in....FYI
I haven't been to hurricane ridge yet so I'd like to see that.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:37 AM   #30
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

[QUOTE=matteeanne]...9-2 hmmmm. As in go home at 2, or be home at 2?...QUOTE]

The 9-2 ride is for MONDAY when Dave and I are riding east of Duvall. There are no time constraints for Tuesday, other than to see everything and eat lunch. You've been high jacked.