ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2005, 09:11 AM   #31
mr. matteeanne OP
Barned

Oddometer: 14,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
I haven't been to hurricane ridge yet so I'd like to see that.
Awesome! I can't wait then. By far the finest view in North America, this I guarentee! Hopefully it won't be too cloudy. Also, the wildlife in this area is very tame and plentiful, bring the camera!
Old 09-23-2005, 09:20 AM   #32
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteeanne
Awesome! I can't wait then. By far the finest view in North America, this I guarentee! Hopefully it won't be too cloudy. Also, the wildlife in this area is very tame and plentiful, bring the camera!

isnt it $10 to get in to hurricane ridge?

its pretty nice toothy - I used to snowshoe up there.

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:49 AM   #33
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer: 719
Toothy, if you don't want to spoil your surprise then don't look at this photo. Otherwise, this is a little of what awaits us.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:50 AM   #34
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,139
I think I need to be home by 5:00 on tuesday, but it sounds like that will not be a problem. Lacey and I will do a little riding on monday and from there I will make a decision on the shoulder and if a longer ride will be okay.

On a side note, anybody know of a good place to get an Olympus camera repaired. Mine stoped working before the Duvall 3 ride and I thought is was just the battery went dead. So charged the battery and it still does not work but when I took a little side trip on Duvall 3 and decided I was going to take a soil sample it put a little dent in the case of the camera. Now I don't even know if its worth having it looked into or if I should just buy a new one because the shock factor with a digital.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:51 AM   #35
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,139
Nice Lacey, now I know why we keep you around. It's for the pics and to pick up my bike after I trash it
Old 09-23-2005, 10:00 AM   #36
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
...anybody know of a good place to get an Olympus camera repaired....
My Nikon D2H (a digital SLR) crapped out on me at the Abbotsford International air show. It was 2 months out of warranty. I sent it to Nikon and the estimate (read minimum) for a level II repair (based on it's malfunction, it was still operational, just over exposing every photo) was $400. It might end up costing more to fix, but it is a $3000 camera. Depending on what type of camera you have, mega pixel size, features, etc., you probably can get a new/better camera for the repair cost or less. I'd find the Olympus repair info on the net and call them: they should be able to give you a quick estimate of repair cost. After biffing a dead camera, I'd go shopping.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/

das Rider screwed with this post 09-23-2005 at 10:08 AM
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:32 AM   #37
SimplyMe
Adventure of the Heart

Oddometer: 42
Hey your in my back yard..

Quote:
Getting colder, lets get a good days ride in while the gettin's good. I found a nice road from Quilcene to Sequim, all off road, and then perhaps up to Hurricane Ridge, and then there is another dirt road at the top of hurricane ridge! Cmon, ya know ya wanna!
Leave Poulsbo around 9am, be in Quilcene about 9:45, Who's in?
Hey backyard neighbor... I am not far from Poulsbo, just in Bremerton. Started a new job and don't have the schedule of my hours yet, but if I don't have to work that day, can make it... if thats ok. I would like to get some more photos take up there, seeing the last set with the digital I had, found its self as a road pancake when the dang thing made a way to pop out of a pocket at 60 mph on the HWY coming back from a ride up there.
Ouch... so would love to ride along.
SimplyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #38
mr. matteeanne OP
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyMe
Hey backyard neighbor... I am not far from Poulsbo, just in Bremerton. Started a new job and don't have the schedule of my hours yet, but if I don't have to work that day, can make it... if thats ok. I would like to get some more photos take up there, seeing the last set with the digital I had, found its self as a road pancake when the dang thing made a way to pop out of a pocket at 60 mph on the HWY coming back from a ride up there.
Ouch... so would love to ride along.
Your more than welcome to attend! Meeting at Mitzels restaurant in Poulsbo at 9am (It will be on your way)
Take highway 3 to Poulsbo, take the second Poulsbo exit, go right, restaurant will be on your right after about a mile. What are you riding?
See you there! What do you do in Bremerton?
Old 09-23-2005, 11:51 AM   #39
mr. matteeanne OP
Barned

This ain't no race

I would like to make it clear this is not a race. Dave (Toothy Grin) will tell you I ain't no racer (I was in the back of the pack all day last time I rode with him)
While I don't mind higher torque on Penny Creek road, I am very careful.
I am happy to lead the ride since I know (well, we could get lost ) the roads, but I am more than happy to bring up the rear.
We also have a 400 drz going as well, so our Freeway speeds will be limited to 60mph at best. I can give detailed directions to anyone who needs them and hates to "hang back" (F***ing 1150 riders grrrrr)
No this ride is about fun, freinds, views, and staying alive to ride another day. Also, my wife would kick my ass if I got a ticket (Since I make her feel so bad when she get's em, and I am ticketless going on 18 years)
Anyway, looks like we have a veritable "biker gang" on this one. I think I might put tassles on my bar ends for this one!
By the way, are there no women out there willing to tag along? I would hate to be on a gender biased ride!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:26 PM   #40
toothy
Grin

Oddometer: 14,178
Toothygroan update.

My BMW sprang a leak at an intersection not 4 blocks from my house this morning. High pressure fuel spritzing my leg and dripping on the hot exhaust header. The good news: Gas dosen't explode as easily as I thought it might and, better here than deep in the Olympic Penninsula, right?

My back-up bike is my Harley that I'm trying to sell, so unless Tuesday is an absolutely banner day with no chance of rain, I'm out of the ride. Maybe I'll meet up with Lacey and Dale for the ferry ride and go out to Poulsbo and make a solo all-pavement ride any way. But not in the rain with that bike.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:28 PM   #41
mr. matteeanne OP
Barned

Hurricane ridge is all paved so maybe we can c u there
Old 09-24-2005, 01:29 PM   #42
mr. matteeanne OP
Barned

ps, get a KLR
Old 09-24-2005, 01:37 PM   #43
Gregarious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
I'm a solid maybe

I may be along: depends on whether my client approves my bid on Monday. If I'm there I might be on a KLR, or possibly a wee-strom...
Old 09-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #44
mr. matteeanne OP
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
Toothygroan update.

My BMW sprang a leak at an intersection not 4 blocks from my house this morning. High pressure fuel spritzing my leg and dripping on the hot exhaust header. The good news: Gas dosen't explode as easily as I thought it might and, better here than deep in the Olympic Penninsula, right?

My back-up bike is my Harley that I'm trying to sell, so unless Tuesday is an absolutely banner day with no chance of rain, I'm out of the ride. Maybe I'll meet up with Lacey and Dale for the ferry ride and go out to Poulsbo and make a solo all-pavement ride any way. But not in the rain with that bike.
I am trying to remember what my Grandpa said about a man who would own a bike that you can't ride in the rain...
Old 09-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #45
toothy
Grin

Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
I am trying to remember what my Grandpa said about a man who would own a bike that you can't ride in the rain...
I rode that thing in the snow up Mount Walker last year.

I'm wanting to sell it and with all the polished aluminum parts on it and chrome you gotta be one anal bike washer to avoid pitting from corrosion.

I'm not the most bike-washingest dude out there. But I still plan on coming over to Poulsbo in the morning anyway.
BMW's in the shop as of this moment.