ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2005, 06:27 PM   #46
mr. matteeanne OP
Bender can pass him

Oddometer: 14,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
I rode that thing in the snow up Mount Walker last year.

I'm wanting to sell it and with all the polished aluminum parts on it and chrome you gotta be one anal bike washer to avoid pitting from corrosion.

I'm not the most bike-washingest dude out there. But I still plan on coming over to Poulsbo in the morning anyway.
BMW's in the shop as of this moment.
Cool, after you sell it you can use the money to buy 8 new KLR's!
Old 09-26-2005, 12:22 AM   #47
mr. matteeanne OP
Bender can pass him

weathers looking good

u girls r running out of excuses..... cya twosday
Old 09-26-2005, 03:21 PM   #48
Gregarious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg S
I may be along.
-1. Bummer, I now have a meeting tomorrow and can't make it.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:11 PM   #49
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg S
-1. Bummer, I now have a meeting tomorrow and can't make it.
Just cancel, it's that easy. You want me to call and do it for you
Old 09-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #50
mr. matteeanne OP
Bender can pass him

Laugh

So who's going besides GS and me? Perfect weather in store! I am stoked! woo hoo!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:43 PM   #51
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteeanne
So who's going besides GS and me? Perfect weather in store! I am stoked! woo hoo!
Das Rider and I will be heading over together I don't know about Cascade Thumper and Toothys pig is in the shop. I think Toothy was going to meet us for breakfast and then head back home.

Now Toothy, If your still looking at this tread Das Rider and I were planing on taking the Edmonds/Kingston ferry over in the am. It's a shorter ferry ride and I think the distance to Polsbo is shorter also. We will be on the 7:55 am ferry that will put us in Kingston at 8:30 and its like a 17 min ride into paulsbo from there.

Now Matteeanne the resturant is the one right across the highway from the fire station and there is a little quick lube place and car wash right behind it right?
Old 09-26-2005, 05:54 PM   #52
toothy
Grin

Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Das Rider and I will be heading over together I don't know about Cascade Thumper and Toothys pig is in the shop. I think Toothy was going to meet us for breakfast and then head back home.

Now Toothy, If your still looking at this tread Das Rider and I were planing on taking the Edmonds/Kingston ferry over in the am. It's a shorter ferry ride and I think the distance to Polsbo is shorter also. We will be on the 7:55 am ferry that will put us in Kingston at 8:30 and its like a 17 min ride into paulsbo from there.

Now Matteeanne the resturant is the one right across the highway from the fire station and there is a little quick lube place and car wash right behind it right?

I did indeed take "Chicken Little" to the doctor's office. It's kind of funny to see my bike in my truck, I hope it's the last time I see that.

I still have the morning free to meet up with you guys, so I'll look for you in Edmonds. You cant miss me- I'm the enormous man on a tiny white bike.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:59 PM   #53
Foto Veloce
The Free Radical

Oddometer: 376
My GC is down with a bad set of chainrings... would my DRZ250S be OK to take on this little jaunt? I don't mind winding the piss out of it but it tops out around 75 MPH. :/ Sounds like fun though. If you can put up with a big fat dude on a tiny bike (I live in Bremerton, not far south) I think I could use the saddle time.

Actually I have some spare parts.. I *COULD* get it running for an afternoon I suppose, if the two-fiddy is just too un-manly to make the cut. (but I'd rather wait for the new parts and get my swingarm welded up... )
Old 09-26-2005, 05:59 PM   #54
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 6,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothygrin
...tiny white bike.
The Harley or sumpin new?

Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:08 PM   #55
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,496
Is this the same ride that is posted on Seattle Craiglist?

"Meet 9am Mitzels Restaurant in Poulsbo, heading to Quilcene, off road (forest roads, no single track) to Sequim, then up to Hurricane Ridge. Email me for more info, last great day of the year, perfect weather!

* this is in or around Leave Poulsbo"

Tork
Old 09-26-2005, 06:44 PM   #56
toothy
Grin

Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drunkard
The Harley or sumpin new?

Gotta sell that one first.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:24 PM   #57
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foto Veloce
My GC is down with a bad set of chainrings... would my DRZ250S be OK to take on this little jaunt? I don't mind winding the piss out of it but it tops out around 75 MPH. :/ Sounds like fun though. If you can put up with a big fat dude on a tiny bike (I live in Bremerton, not far south) I think I could use the saddle time.

Actually I have some spare parts.. I *COULD* get it running for an afternoon I suppose, if the two-fiddy is just too un-manly to make the cut. (but I'd rather wait for the new parts and get my swingarm welded up... )
Fhoto, welcome to the fat guys on bikes club You're more than welcome to join us but it is Matteeanne's ride so he has to give the aokay I don't see us going over 100+ so we will just throw out the tow strap and bring you along.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:27 PM   #58
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork
Is this the same ride that is posted on Seattle Craiglist?

"Meet 9am Mitzels Restaurant in Poulsbo, heading to Quilcene, off road (forest roads, no single track) to Sequim, then up to Hurricane Ridge. Email me for more info, last great day of the year, perfect weather!

* this is in or around Leave Poulsbo"

Tork
Torque, I have no idea if this was posted on Craigs list or not but if you wanted to go Das Rider and I are meeting up in Redmond and then 520-I5 out to the turn off for Edmonds. If you want to hook up keep an eye out on this tread I'm getting ready to call Das Rider to set up a meeting spot.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:42 PM   #59
mr. matteeanne OP
Bender can pass him

This ride is open to any and all as far as I am concerned. Actually There is only the stretch of freeway from Sequim to Port Angeles that has high mpg, and we can cut off the freeway in sequim to shave about 10 miles off the higher rpm's during this stretch.
Toothy, you gonna ride up to Hurricane? You wont regret it!
Yes this is the restaurant across from the fire station.
Is anyone planning on having breakfast there? I figured we would leave from there at 9am? Of course NP if you want to do breakfast there (I manage the restaurant) Otherwise I figured we could do lunch in Sequim on our way to Hurricane.The stretch of 101 we will be riding has a lot of WSP, so speed will be closer to 69 max (My wife won't let me get tickets .)
Maybe we could have (one) beer after hurricane?

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Bring you Cameras!
Again, I am happy to lead, just as happy to follow. I just like to ride the off roads with a wingman/woman in case of crash, breakdown. Penny Creek road demands to be ridden at high speed, and I rap it out pretty well, but you 1150 boys may want to lead there, as I am only a lowly 650 (that I love dearly)
cya boyz
Old 09-26-2005, 07:43 PM   #60
mr. matteeanne OP
Bender can pass him

Yes it was on Craigs list......