User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
bikeroz OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Outback ride

Was going to do an Easter ride report, but the good fortunes God decided otherwise. But here goes the report.
Left the big smoke at the crack of dawn. Temps down to 11 degrees with heavy fog reaching Wollombi.
That is it. Ride over. Bike is going home on the tow truck. 3 nails and a non starting bike in front of the church as people starting to arrive for Easter service.
I should probably attend with the amount of swearing I did this morning.
bikeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
wheelbender6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Was that 11 degrees celcius or farenheight?
Old 04-20-2014, 12:54 AM   #3
Nev..
wannabe advrider

Oddometer: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeroz View Post
Was going to do an Easter ride report, but the good fortunes God decided otherwise. But here goes the report.
Left the big smoke at the crack of dawn. Temps down to 11 degrees with heavy fog reaching Wollombi.
That is it. Ride over. Bike is going home on the tow truck. 3 nails and a non starting bike in front of the church as people starting to arrive for Easter service.
I should probably attend with the amount of swearing I did this morning.
Why wouldn't it start ?
Old 04-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #4
Hesaid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 916
Maybe your gods of good fortune were on holiday?

Our Easter ride plan fell apart due a closed road that effectively negated one leg of our trip. Something about a rockslide... So instead we just went for a day trip around some local areas. Where we met an Australian family here on holiday. They were having a picnic and swim at the end of a relatively unknown road. The father came over to talk bikes and gear, as he was hoping to pick some gear up while over here. We gave him some pointers, and then later he gave us some sandwiches. We really came out ahead on that deal. But the point is, maybe your gods of good fortune were over here with them this weekend?

Better luck next time.

MV
Old 04-21-2014, 02:39 AM   #5
bikeroz OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Degrees in Celsius. If Fahrenheit I'd be riding in a fridge ;-)

The no-start problem has been ongoing on my 2010 GS for some time now.
Been to shop twice, but no fault codes whatsoever.
I suspected a side stand switch connection going wrong, but after trying to bypass it, I still had no luck, so that ruled it out for me.
Then it got me thinking, maybe it is a low fuel sensor issue when on side stand? After a few fills and tries, I ruled that out as I got the non-start on full tank as well.
Removed any stuff from my key ring if by any chance other metal interfering with the ring, but that also proofed inconclusive.
Finally resorted to using the centre stand mostly, which made the problem go away temporarily for 2 months.
Then another side stand park brought it back when I had the flat tyre. Got it started again in the end, but no closer to an answer other than one very anal german piece of machinery testing my patience.
bikeroz is offline   Reply With Quote