ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 4,085
DaFoole and Pair o' pin's Rally, SW Orygun July 18,19!!!

Yep, it's true. We're gonna do this!!!

Da FaP Rally!!!!!

(Awesome Graphic courtesy Hobbes950!)

Google address 13505 Sitkum Lane, Myrtle Point, Oregon.

We've got 4 acres, some wooded, a firepit (almost ), a beer fridge, a BBQ and a weekend.

What else you gonna need??

This is a tenting sort of rally unless, of course you wanna sleep with Parepin.... (Bring plenty of bug spray and air freshener....)

There IS a hotel in Myrtle Point that is actually pretty nice ( http://www.myrtletreesmotel.com/Myrt...otel/Home.html ) if you're too tender for the ground. The bad is you better make reservations and it's 16 miles to the place...not conducive to late partying and getting back to the hotel alive.... Not to mention the fact that you will be mercilessly laughed at....

I will add more info as it get's closer. Location is 16 miles out on Sitkum Lane North of Myrtle Point.
If you're coming up 101 stop at the Ray's in Bandon. Great meat/beer selection. Coming down 101 stop in the Safeway at Coos Bay. Myrtle Point and Coquille have a pretty limited selection, though they did start carrying Lagunitas IPA and Domination IPA in Myrtle Point...finally.

Bring a chair if possible. I'm going to purchase a few but don't yet know how many folks are gonna turn up.

Bring some eating utensils. Sporks are prohibited.

Bring a cup for coffee, etc.

I'm probably gonna have to rent a port-a-pottie as I don't think my septic will handle a bunch of crapping ADVriders. (Pooper is ordered!!)

Peeing isn't a problem....that's why I have 4 acres....

If you're a guy and peeing outside makes you nervous....this probably isn't the rally for you....or, you can practice and learn a new ADVENTURE skill!!!

IF YOU ARE ARRIVING BEFORE FRIDAY PM or STAYING AFTER SUNDAY AM:

1st of all, you're more than welcome here but meals will be on you. As noted, there will be a cooking area in the shop with fridge/coolers. I'll probably be BBQ'ing something or other and on Thursday/Monday, etc. You are welcome to share the grill and/or we can combine our stuff and make an impromptu feast!

We will be providing:

MORNING COFFEE: Both Weapons Grade (guaranteed BM soon after...) and Wussie. Milk, creamer, sugar etc. You will be responsible for your own cup.

FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER: Brauts and Parepin Gumbo of some sort or another

SATURDAY BREAKFAST: TBD. Bacon will be involved....

SATURDAY DINNER: DEAD COW Flesh (you will BBQ your own), Corn on the cob, beans (for a piquant aroma wafting through the tents....) (If you don't eat red meat, you'll have to bring your own flesh.)

SUNDAY BREAKFAST: TBD- Probably Breakfast burritos of some sort....level of hangover shall determine said repast's quality.....

If you have special dietary needs....you're on your own....

There will be a couple of coolers (and a shop fridge) for beer, etc. Bring a six pak (or three) of your favorite brew/libation as I cannot afford to keep 30+ ADV riders in beer/liquor for a weekend...

We are on well water. If you have an issue with that you'll have to supply your own water.

There will be a couple of larger camping stoves set up in the shop if you need 'em though they will NOT be available during the times we're providing meals.

I would ask you bring a bag of ice back from town if you're coming back from there during your rides/exploration. This'll save me from having to do multiple town runs.

You can put up your tent pretty much anywhere on the property you wish although the driveway area will be off limits due to parking/through traffic. You can park your bike next to your tent or somewhere next to the driveway. Whatever you prefer.

There will be NO HIGH SPEED RUNS/MOTOCROSS or general TomFoolery out in the pasture (unless, of course, you promise to crash...) or you will be used for target practice... (Don't worry, we wont be using tracers so no fire danger....)

BUTTS-n-SUCH- Gonna be very, very dry. If you smoke please make sure your butt is out and then toss it in the fire pit, one of the stoves or trash cans.

ARRIVAL-
DaFoole, what do I do when I arrive?
Stop your bike, walk into the shop and prostate yourself before the beer fridge with your (hopefully) adequate libation. If worthy, you will then sign the beer fridge with your ADV handle. After that, you will wander around with a frosty beverage and decide where you will put up your tent. You will marvel at the tight, helpful and efficient staff who rush about to provide you with a memorable experience at Casa de Foole (patent pending). You will then take yourself with (or without) bike to your preferred area of camping bliss. After that, I have no idea....

WHAT DOES IT COST?
Other than certain aspects of your immortal soul, the rally is free. There will be a "tip" jar for those of you who wish to contribute to the vittles-n-pooper.

Any funds left will be used to provide Parepin with his much overdo annual de-worming...

WHERE CAN I RIDE?
Wherever you want...

SHIRTS-n-STICKERS-
Shirts are free with the price of admission! They will definitely be one of a kind...ahem... (All you have to do is cover the cost of the shirt and shipping!!)

Order your shirt HERE- http://www.zazzle.com/dafap_stuff_t_...64980652183920

Stickers are being provided by Hobbes950. She will require you to earn them. Good luck!!

DEER- For those of you from afar...be aware there are a metric shit-ton of deer on the local roads.... Most active at dusk and dawn but ALWAYS about ready to throw themselves at you. If you are arriving late, take it easy coming in so's I don't have to ruin my good spatula scraping you up....

THE IN LIST

(PSSST!!! Don't tell RoadRash!!!)

1- DaFoole
2- Parepin
3- Peterman
4- DireWolf
5- Ca Stu
6- Yama Geek
7- Scott_PDX
8- Scott_PDX Guest
9- Hobbes950
10- Johnny Drunkard
11- el guapo nada
12- el guapo nada Guest ...Out by reason of sanity....
13- Wibbey
14- High Desert Rider
15- High Desert Rider Guest
16- TK-421
17- beemerron
18- Ace Rph
19- Long Ways
20- nomiles
21- Hells Alien
22- Huzar
23- Backoutonthehighway
24- Hansi
25- Mrs Hansi
26- OR400
27- RangerRick
28- Rangerette
29- ScottMalv
30- pigpen
31- Distant thunder

DaFoole screwed with this post 07-12-2014 at 08:17 PM
DaFoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,349
In for $10 toward the pooper rental,,,
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

You're a saint.......
Old 04-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #4
Parepin
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,099
Wow, so this is really happening.

I still don't see why you won't just let me build an outhouse. It would be awesome. Black lights, fuzzy neon mushroom posters, and a hole to poop in. What more could you ask for?
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #5
tblume
deus ex machina

Oddometer: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parepin View Post
I still don't see why you won't just let me build an outhouse. It would be awesome. Black lights, fuzzy neon mushroom posters, and a hole to poop in. What could possibly go wrong?
I feex dis....
tblume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Oddometer: 6,093
I have a bit of firewood but no way I'm hauling it all on the Honda Cub.

YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #7
Parepin
The Filthy Nomad

Firewood won't be a problem. I work at a mill and have been hauling trunk loads home in preparation for this.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #8
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parepin View Post
Firewood won't be a problem. I work at a mill and have been hauling trunk loads home in preparation for this.
Note to self, buy more fire buckets....
Old 04-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #9
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 3,037
Looks like fun, count me in.

Also, the 18th and 19th are a Friday and a Saturday, that means camping at your place Friday Night and Saturday night right. I.e. GTFO sometime on Sunday?

Put me down for some cash for a honey bucket. Make that shitty issue, somebody elses problem. They got tools for that shit ya know.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #10
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Looks like fun, count me in.

Also, the 18th and 19th are a Friday and a Saturday, that means camping at your place Friday Night and Saturday night right. I.e. GTFO sometime on Sunday?

Put me down for some cash for a honey bucket. Make that shitty issue, somebody elses problem. They got tools for that shit ya know.
Cool beans!! As far as staying, you can come early, hang out late....doesn't matter to me in the least.

Oh, and thanks for the pooper help!!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #11
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,794
in
Old 04-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #12
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Fut'n A
Old 04-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #13
Parepin
The Filthy Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post
Note to self, buy more fire buckets....
Fire buckets?

Also, as Foole mentioned, the dates aren't strict. The gates won't be locked the days before, and you won't be kicked to the curb the days following. There's more than enough space here, and roads to explore, to keep anyone busy for weeks.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #14
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,740
IN!

Put me down for potty help too cause I'll use it the most.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #15
fadingfastsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
I'm in for sure! Can't wait for this shitshow. I'll probably be staying for more than the weekend. Might as well have some fun if I'm gonna ride all the way up there.
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote