ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #76
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parepin View Post
I'm a cheap date and an easy lay.

Good to know.................but if I show up there before this shindig, DeFoole will be the one who will be fucked

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #77
Parepin
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfcootz View Post
I can't wait for this. Do I bring the dirty bike or the wee?
A surprising amount of the logging roads out here are, in fact, paved. It's rough, but there's pavement. The rest is hard packed dirt and gravel. I haven't come across too much gnarly dirt yet, though I've seen plenty of indications that they exist, I simply haven't explored them yet. So, if you don't mind some grime and gravel, I think you'll be just fine on the wee.

I've got a few loops planned out, and I'm trying to get them to interconnect. I think I've got a good rough layout of a day long loop going, including vista views, swimming holes, river runs, waterfalls, and the world's tallest Douglas Fir tree, though I have yet to ride it in one go. Maybe this weekend.
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:41 AM   #78
oremike
Motorcyclest

Oddometer: 2,359
Quote:
A surprising amount of the logging roads out here are, in fact, paved. It's rough, but there's pavement. The rest is hard packed dirt and gravel. I haven't come across too much gnarly dirt yet, though I've seen plenty of indications that they exist, I simply haven't explored them yet. So, if you don't mind some grime and gravel, I think you'll be just fine on the wee.

I've got a few loops planned out, and I'm trying to get them to interconnect. I think I've got a good rough layout of a day long loop going, including vista views, swimming holes, river runs, waterfalls, and the world's tallest Douglas Fir tree, though I have yet to ride it in one go. Maybe this weekend.
You may not be able to get to the Dorner Fir due to a landslide. You are correct in that there are lots of roads to explore and the BLM map of the area is a good one. Big chunk of Whorehouser land to the NE of you makes for hard routing but you can get around it to the SW on the Coos Bay wagon rd and then the 1000 rd over to Loon Lake. I won't be at this shindig but will be working at the lake so stop by if'n you want.

Ride what makes you giggle in your helmet
oremike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:03 AM   #79
el guapo nada
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
The rootbeer pun

In.

This is going to be some fun shit!

Now I just need to figure out how to transport my drums and guitar rig on the Tiger.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #80
Sfcootz
Banjoboy is my guru.

Oddometer: 2,856
Quote:

Sounds like a fantastic route! wee it is!

Viva la figa
Sfcootz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #81
Parepin
The Filthy Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by oremike View Post
You may not be able to get to the Dorner Fir due to a landslide. You are correct in that there are lots of roads to explore and the BLM map of the area is a good one. Big chunk of Whorehouser land to the NE of you makes for hard routing but you can get around it to the SW on the Coos Bay wagon rd and then the 1000 rd over to Loon Lake. I won't be at this shindig but will be working at the lake so stop by if'n you want.
I went by the fir back in January/February, and while there was a large fallen tree in the road, there was enough room to get a bike by. Though if the land has given way since then, it may be a different story. That entire portion of the forest is in rough shape. The trail to the fir itself is littered with large fallen trees.

As far as "whorehouser", I don't really venture too much north of the river, which is where they seem to be. I have ridden down the main dirt road that follows the river, which goes past a "whorehouser" gate and security booth, both long since disused and wide open. Never got harassed.

Where the hell are you at and what the hell are you doing that you're right up the road and unable to stop by for a brew?
Old 05-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #82
oremike
Motorcyclest

[QUOTE=Parepin;24077511]I went by the fir back in January/February, and while there was a large fallen tree in the road, there was enough room to get a bike by. Though if the land has given way since then, it may be a different story. That entire portion of the forest is in rough shape. The trail to the fir itself is littered with large fallen trees.

As far as "whorehouser", I don't really venture too much north of the river, which is where they seem to be. I have ridden down the main dirt road that follows the river, which goes past a "whorehouser" gate and security booth, both long since disused and wide open. Never got harassed.

Where the hell are you at and what the hell are you doing that you're right up the road and unable to stop by for a brew?[/QUOTE

I work for the BLM out of the North Bend office, my title is Rec Maintenance worker. I have an apartment in Hauser I stay in during my work week but live in Creswell. Get ready for some changes, Wyerhouser is planning to lock down their lands and have a by permit access system. Cost to be $350/ person/ year.

http://www.weyerhaeuser.com/pdfs/bus...ne-Message.pdf

I can't stop by when I'm working besides the whole suds thing doesn't work for me, had enough early on to last a lifetime I hope. FWIW I can be anywhere between Sixes and Smith rivers, so look for a G plated utillity box 1 ton usually towing a trailer with a couple mowers or a John Deere tractor. Might not be me but what the heck.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #83
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by oremike View Post

I work for the Bureau of Lawn Maintenance out of the North Bend office, I can be anywhere, so look for a G plated utillity box 1 ton usually towing a trailer with a couple mowers or a John Deere tractor.
revised for accuracy
Old 05-03-2014, 06:34 AM   #84
oremike
Motorcyclest

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
revised for accuracy
Yep, I'm from the Gov'ment and here to help

Old 05-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #85
High Desert Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
You can count me in, possibly +1 if he ever gets that bike put back together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingfastsd View Post
Haha I'm up for it. I'll be heading up from San Diego, who wants to meet up along the way? Would be awesome to pick up riders all along the way and roll into TFN's shithouse ready to get shithoused!
Depending on which route you take, I'll be tooling around Northern California Starting Wednesday or Thursday and meandering towards TFN's Place. Seeing as how I don't ever really plan a route, I'm sure I could skew my plans too meet up.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #86
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 4,007
WARPED X done? ...check!

Bachelor Party done? ...check!!

MayDay Melee done? ...check!!!

Into rehab? ...check!!!!

Now I just have to write a children's book, profess my sins and then I can order a shitter for the Da FAP rally!!!

Life is good!!!

Old 05-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #87
fadingfastsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
I'm still working on my plans, not sure yet exactly when I'm leaving, or if I'm driving my truck/trailer or riding my KLR up. I'm leaving from San Diego.
Anybody on the route North want to meet up?

Depending on who I can plan meeting on the way up, I can drive my truck and bring my trailer. Could fit 2 more bikes in the trailer, and plenty of room for gear in the truck. Would prefer this to make gas cheaper.

Or...I may ride up, in which case who wants to meet on the route the north to ride?

Also, if anybody needs any electrical parts from RaceTech Electric, let me know and I can bring stuff with me. Stators, Regulators, Kill Switches, Voltmeters, etc. I'll probably bring some voltmeters and kill switches to give away as prizes for shenanigans completed.
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #88
Parepin
The Filthy Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingfastsd View Post
I'm still working on my plans, not sure yet exactly when I'm leaving, or if I'm driving my truck/trailer or riding my KLR up. I'm leaving from San Diego.
Anybody on the route North want to meet up?

Depending on who I can plan meeting on the way up, I can drive my truck and bring my trailer. Could fit 2 more bikes in the trailer, and plenty of room for gear in the truck. Would prefer this to make gas cheaper.

Or...I may ride up, in which case who wants to meet on the route the north to ride?

Also, if anybody needs any electrical parts from RaceTech Electric, let me know and I can bring stuff with me. Stators, Regulators, Kill Switches, Voltmeters, etc. I'll probably bring some voltmeters and kill switches to give away as prizes for shenanigans completed.
I feel like simply the opportunity for shenanigans should be reward enough for involvement in said shenanigans.

Keep me/us posted on whether or not you're going to drive or ride. I know someone in San Diego that might be interested in tagging along if you're driving. Also, you gotta jump on your bro's case about this. I don't want to hear any more excuses. He's already overused the bike/job/back/girlfriend excuses. No BS.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #89
Motopapillon
Eppur si muove

Oddometer: 319
Bump.
Motopapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #90
TK-421
not at my post

Oddometer: 158
Hell, I just quit my job and plan to do nothing but ride motorbikes and drink beer for a couple months anyway. Guess I'll add this to my calender!

Looking forward to it...